Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Are These Emus? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Are These Emus? (999 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 11:19am On Feb 10, 2017
I went to the Zoo inside University of Ibadan yesterday, and I saw these animals I originally thought were Ostriches till I read on the label (on their cage) that they were Emus...a relation of the Ostrich. Anyway, I took pictures and posted on Instagram, and a fried of mine who is really into wildlife told me they weren't Emus but Ostriches. What do you guys think? Where are the animal lovers.

Re: Are These Emus? by Niseed(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2017
Hi, I believe what they have at the Ibadan zoo are ostriches. I visited that zoo once and spent a couple of hours looking at all their wildlife.

Emu's are native to Australia and are much smaller than the ostrich (roughly about the size of a large dog). the ones in Ibadan zoo are almost as big as horses.

Did you check out their massive odd looking soft shelled turtles?

1 Like

Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2017
Niseed:
Hi, I believe what they have at the Ibadan zoo are ostriches. I visited that zoo once and spent a couple of hours looking at all their wildlife.

Emu's are native to Australia and are much smaller than the ostrich (roughly about the size of a large dog). the ones in Ibadan zoo are almost as big as horses.

Did you check out their massive odd looking soft shelled turtles?

Then why mislead people by labeling them Emus? Yea, I saw the turtles.
Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 11:42am On Feb 10, 2017
I need more comments. Thanks. I am surely going back there soon to challenge them. They want me to disgrace myself on a worldwide scale. angry
Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2017
By the way, this Ostrich was kept in a separate cage all by itself.

Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2017
Lala, please push this to Front Page. Thanks. wink
Re: Are These Emus? by Niseed(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2017
kayo80:

Then why mislead people by labeling them Emus? Yea, I saw the turtles.

maybe they had one before and it died or it got eaten (Christmas tinz), I'm not sure how well emus do in captivity.

it will be good to let them know so others (especially kids) are not misinformed.

this reminds me of a primary school that painted a giraffe on its wall and wrote "mouse" next to it.

I also noticed some of their animal enclosures did not have the animals written on them and were replaced with something else.

p.s the ostrich kept alone may be territorial and was attacking the others or sick

2 Likes

Re: Are These Emus? by iPopAlomo(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2017
That's not in any way an EMU... those are ostriches... going one step further... FEMALE OSTRICHES!!!

This is an EMU below...

2 Likes

Re: Are These Emus? by iPopAlomo(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2017
kayo80:
By the way, this Ostrich was kept in a separate cage all by itself.

Because it's a male Ostrich.. wink

2 Likes

Re: Are These Emus? by Lagusta(m): 11:58am On Feb 10, 2017
Niseed:

maybe they had one before and it died or it got eaten (Christmas tinz), I'm not sure how well emus do in captivity.

it will be good to let them know so others (especially kids) are not misinformed.

this reminds me of a primary school that painted a giraffe on its wall and wrote "mouse" next to it.

I also noticed some of their animal enclosures did not have the animals written on them and were replaced with something else.

p.s the ostrich kept alone may be territorial and was attacking the others or sick

Blood of shekau!!! shocked grin lipsrsealed
Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
Niseed:

Okay. Maybe.
Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
iPopAlomo:
That's not in any way an EMU... those are ostriches... going one step further... FEMALE OSTRICHES!!!

This is an EMU below...

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Are These Emus? by kayo80(m): 12:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Because it's a male Ostrich.. wink

Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Male Maltese Available For Mating / Brave Brothers Catch Very Big Snakes While Plowing The Fields (pics, Video) / Please What Breed Of Dog Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.