Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos (40021 Views)

These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) / The Interiors Of The New Lagos Danfo Buses (Photos) / BRT Buses Are The New Molues (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by autojosh: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Many Lagosians are surprised to hear Danfo buses will be phased out. This has made headline in the last few days with photos of the new replacement buses trending online.

Many are scared that the eradication will have an adverse effect on their day to day commute..

We will like to here your opinion. Tell us the effect this will have on you as well as the society.

Let’s start with these 5 points while you add yours..

High Rate of Unemployment
One Danfo bus puts food on several tables.. The driver, conductor, the mech, Agbero, NURTW Executives/Chairman etc.. even the Men In Black sef. Closing that door will render many of these guys jobless.

High Rate Of Crime
I am sure you know the next best job for these guys… (Hooliganism). However, a gradual change that also provides alternative jobs for the affected may mitigate crime rate.

Increase in Transportation Fare
Same way Uber is usually more expensive than that 1985 VW Passat “Kabu Kabu“. These new buses will be more expensive except they are heavily subsidised as promised by the Lagos State Government.

Reduced Accident
Danfo has been maiming and killing Lagosians since…

So much recklessness and oversabi. I even entered one with a bad throttle cable recently.. You won’t believe that the conductor went to sit in the boot controlling the throttle with his hand. The driver was even shouting at the conductor “tena si, tena si” (move faster, move faster).. See me jumping down like Vin Diesel.

Lagos Roads will Become Dull

Whether it is good or bad, these bus drivers can light up your day.

4 conductors can want to drag you into their bus at the same time, some that don’t have change will merge you with another passenger you don’t know from Adam. They will sha create one thing that will make you argue. Sometimes, they crack you up.

Add yours in the comment section..

https://autojosh.com/danfo-buses-are-phased-out/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by casttlebarbz(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
yeah, u right...

am sure this post will hit FP...your posts no dey miss FP

**i know it wil hit FP

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
Uber is not more expensive than the regular taxis in my opinion.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by kolnel: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
Afam4eva:
Uber is not more expensive than the regular taxis in my opinion.

All those Touts, oluomo mc and his cronies will go broke

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Pvin: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Sai Ambode

One sweet things to miss about danfo is tthere
very fast and swift movement especially in traffic

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Opeedo(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ambode change
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by AntiWailer: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Why won't they be integrated into the new one.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Click Like if u think Lagos Is attaining development at a faster pace compared to Nigeria as a Whole.

166 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by LaRochelle(f): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
6. No more "lapping"

7. No conductor to argue with over your balance

8. No conductor to negotiate with when your money ain't enough

9. No more driver that'll be brave enough to take one way and beat traffic

10. We will surely miss the yellow and black colours

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Ellixlimswag(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
badbriddancebadrubbish

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by samuel19222(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Lordtrillion(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by mayoor15(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
The buses should he given to the current owners of danfo buses. That will curb unemployment

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by SundryInfo: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
This move will be met with very strong opposition. If it finally comes through, the first effect it will have is High rate of theft occurrences.

Stealing will be done with impunity and will be blamed on government. So the government has to also put lots of security and anti-theft measures on ground before fully launching this move.

Individuals too should be highly security conscious as well.

But by and by, people will be adapt somehow somehow and things will return back to "normal"

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by freeborn76(m): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
Major cities in the world do not use rickety buses like what we use in Lagos; truth be told, we accept all kinds of nonsense in this country. The buses should go...I recall when the gradual phasing out of molue started, people made same comments, is Lagos and Lagosians not better off today without that death trap called bus? Danfo should go or the drivers should apply to drive the new buses...

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by olaezebala: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
ma car will be scratch free

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Maccoy507: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
They want to turn Lagos into a luxury state by all means
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by susrite(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Funbii(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
I don't think lagos is ready for this yet, trust me wiping out the yellow bus will be a huge disaster... Haven't these guys suffered enough, nawa oh

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lagos will b boring i swear, lol chaiiiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by KenModi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Good one Ambode. Fire down sir!

How can Lagos call herself a mega/global city and she has yellow buses and touts littering the streets?

Good riddance to nuisance!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2017
Me them that those hoodlums outta Lagos roads
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Phunkyposh(f): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
only if Buhari can work the way Ambode does

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by xynerise: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Who will drive the new buses, graduates? The Danfo drivers should apply for it.Besides, you forgot to include the owners of these Danfo buses.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by Bullet1234(m): 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
No more I am a victim of one chance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by dayleke: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by famousbowale: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
true
Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by remzor(m): 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
I pity those market women... d ones I see at mile12... how will these ones transport dia goods to dia destinations. No more; Mama: conductor, eba mi gbe ooo... conductor: mama 2fibre lowoyin o lol... May God help us in this country

10 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Occur If Danfo Buses Are Phased Out In Lagos by sammyrollo: 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Sinkhole Under Oke-Fomon Bridge Ilorin (Photo) / Top 10 Richest Cities In Africa / The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.