Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Jumia And Systemic Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia And Systemic Fraud (1912 Views)

Making Sells In Jumia And Konga / How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia And Systemic Fraud by sleekman(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
I'm writing this piece with so much bitterness and anger towards one of Nigeria's top online firms. On the 8th of January this year I purchased a Umi Max mobile phone that cost N55,300.00 including shipping. On the website the phone was to be delivered between 5-19days. After making payment someone called me to say delivery time will between 11-21days. What was I to do I had already paid cos there was no option of paying on delivery. So I accepted. It took almost a month to get my package. Last Friday I received a text and mail informing me I should make myself available to pick up my package. I called the number and it didn't go through. I tracked the item was returned to the hub. Monday came with d same mail/text. I called and he said said he was going to deliver that afternoon. I signed and collected my package only to see a charger, data cable but no phone. I called d dispatcher back and he says I should call Jumia. They've been postponing and using all sorts of tricks. Finally, they said they'll refund my money yet it's being games upon games. A phone I bought for N55300 is now N75k+. Anyone that wants to deal with them should do so at their own risk. I'm sure there are others with far more disheartening stories Seun please put this on front-page let people be aware of these dubious entities. Companies must be ethical in their dealings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by fufuNegusi(m): 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
If what you said is true

walk into their office at ikeja with your proof of payment and make this same complain

peace smiley smiley
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by ohereiyi: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
It is a pity...thanks for informing us....it is no go area for me
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by Temidayo9(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2017
[/color]Jumia have issue with delivery this days... ut seems they are now into hotels and travel than online market . [color=#000099]
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by luckyz4rea(m): 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Whether your package/item was brought by their dispatch rider or you went to pick it up always open and confirm before you leave the scene! That's what i do.

They weren't like this before! I think recession is part of it but there should be no basis whatsoever for defrauding anyone!
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by sleekman(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
luckyz4rea:
Whether your package/item was brought by their dispatch rider or you went to pick it up always open and confirm before you leave the scene! That's what i do.

They weren't like this before! I think recession is part of it but there should be no basis whatsoever for defrauding anyone!
My 1st time using them and this happens? As far as I'm concerned they are fraudulent and I'm never using them again.
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by sleekman(m): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
moderator please front-page please
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by dcole73: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sorry for your loss bro.
At JUMIA, they are worse than fraudulent. Merely seeing the product package, you know it is not new or has been tampered with.

I learnt my own lesson way back in 2015, (and not just once), even while been a member of their j-force team. They just don't give a f0ck how u feel.

I switched to Konga and have had no regrets ever since. There is even the KongaPay platform with which you get discounts when you purchase on konga online.

I advise you switch asap.
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by dcole73: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
Getting refunds from JUMIA is like trying to collect meat from a lion - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

They just don't give a f0ck.
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by rashbaba(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
dcole73:
Getting refunds from JUMIA is like trying to collect meat from a lion - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

They just don't give a f0ck.

this people are advance fraudster.i am currently battling to get my refund from them.Today makes it exactly 2 weeks since my money is with them.
To start with,what i understand is, if order is not available or out of stock it should be indicated the moment you click on the product NOT when you're told to proceed to make payment and payment confirm and you now have to wait 1 week before you are informed ''sorry out of stock''
it doesn't end there.you have to be battle ready for another rounds of their tricks.i clearly stated that i need a cash refund in my bank account only for them to process a voucher refund.after several calls,tweet and mail they promise another 5 working days .that 5 working days has pass still no show.the only option available for me now is to seek legal redress on this matter.you can not keep my money with you without sending the items i purchase.it is never done anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by bcashy: 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
Thank God I didn't bother to order the generator from them again....Nonsense!!!
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
It is sad that I am just seeing this now, else I would not have made the mistake I just made. I purchased a PS3 slim console and a few games for my younger brother on the 22nd of December and they only delivered JUST ONE GAME CD! I tried calling them but all their lines are switched off of busy. They should improve on their customer care by employing competent staff
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by elitper: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2018
I just got my own baptism this week. I ordered a car stereo from the bastards. After I have been debited, the idiots just went silent. The’re not even answering my mails. Is there any hope through Customer Protection Agency? I don’t think this kind of flagrant fraud should be allowed.
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by OLASANJO: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2018
It might be true or not but next time always choose their office for picking up your goods
Re: Jumia And Systemic Fraud by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 08, 2019
This guy is a pure liar! No how you will order and phone and it will be missing in the package. Jumia dey Bleep up but this one NA LIE BROS!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Skills Acquisition Training / 2017 The Most Popular 10 Items, Make Money To Make Money Must See! / Hard Time Finding A Better Bussiness? Just Watch This & Relax! (big Boys Comedy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.