Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43372 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
@all

the guys played well

the team just need to work out the defensive errors
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by koolchicco: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[size=18pt]where can i watch this online jare[/size]

U wan watch kini? Abeg go sell ur cars jare  grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by NemekGee: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
ayusman16:

super eagle is crap. we shld av sealed dis game in d first half. dnt knw wat yakubu and mikel ar doing in dat team.
To me i dont see any problem with Mikels game today. he has made some great passes which is his purpose in the game (play maker) But that fat fool alled yakubu is just a lazy cow. we need martins or osaze to replace him
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by MUNEER2(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
koolchicco:

Didn't take it personal Mate. cool

Was just ensuring u fail in your attempt to ridicule my question. cheesy

Don't tell me you are prepared for something like that, 'cos i meant no harm with that comment, was just curious why you'll have to say that cool
out of all players, why uche?

denony:

this is beautiful nonsense

Best description wink
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by tkb417(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
defenders again?
na wa
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by flashgeek: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
As usual ,boring football.See the way the Nigerian players are playing like pregnant women.

If they don't want to play they should vacate the team for others to play.yeye people

Even if they win ,it is obvious that they are not committed to the game.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Kc0022000(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
All our computer coaches in here,take it easy on them.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by koolchicco: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
NemekGee:

2nd half, we need martins or Osaze. Yakubu dosent seem to[i] have [/i]the agression for an all out!

He never had! angry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by onijogbon(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[size=18pt]where can i watch this online jare[/size]
try this one or this one
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ibime(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
morpheus24:

Joseph Yobo is not a leader as a captain. whilch is why so many leaks in defense.

If Taye Taiwo doesn't control his frequent overlapping his side will contnue to leak

Yobo and Nnwaneri should be dropped immediately.

Yobo especially for failing to assert himself on Taiwo who always leaves his position.

Nnwaneri is just not classy enough.

Look how the two of them were made to look stupid trying to play offside trap.

That said, I like the balance in midfield.

Finally Etuhu has stopped all his gragra English football and improved his technique. . . . must be the influence of Roy Hodgson.

@ Shaibu Amodu.

Amodu should be tested for mental incompetence. I dont think the man knows his own mind.

First of all, he left Obasi out the squad. Last minute, he brings Obasi back in. Now Obasi is starting.

Taiwo was dropped for Echiejile who was doing well. . . . now Taiwo is back in.

Nigerian player of the year, Odemwingie has been dropped for Uche who had been dropped previously.

Finally (and thank God), Olofinjana has been dropped.

Does Shaibu Amodu know his own mind? Can his players trust such a bi-polar fellow? His indecisiveness is a classic hallmark of mental instability!!!!  grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by muhsin(m): 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2010
Are we gonna make it?  grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Princek12(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Why is this Yusuf Muhammed on the team?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kabna(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
ah guys ur boys have played well

its been a god match so far

NIGERIA HAS HAD A 54 TO 46 BALL possession
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Kc0022000(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

Go and replace him, ungreatful pple
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
Not a bad first half but they can do better.

Uche, Mikel and Yakz should step up their game.

That Yussuf M'hamed get as he be oo.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Princek12(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
kabna:

ah guys your boys have played well

its been a god match so far

NIGERIA HAS HAD A 54 TO 46 BALL possession

Is the winning team determined by possession percentage?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Krayola(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigeria will prevail

\we shall be shampions!  cool cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by koolchicco: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
MUNEER2:

Don't tell me you are prepared for something like that, 'cos i meant no harm with that comment, was just curious why you'll have to say that cool
out of all players, why uche?

'Cos he's yet to justify the reasons behind his inclusion in the team.

Or haven't u been following his games throughout the qualification stages?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by tausi(f): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
Are we gonna make it?  Grin

Yes! at this stage number two is good enough! So guys please stop panicking and getting high blood pressures! Even if you loose to egypt you can still make it!!!! smiley
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kabna(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
i thinl Taiwo's overlapping is creating some god chances but hestill needs to be a bit careful these egyptians are fast on attack
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by marutimon: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
Damn, Mikel is doing a great job (apart from losing possesion from time to time). His passes are cutting open the Egyptian defence. So get off him.

Taiwo is also doing great. Goes forward at times, but when he manages to return he is without fault and the best defender,

You really must open your eyes!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by chidyke77(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
Yakubu shld b replaced wt martins and osaze to come in.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
Some times you think you are not watching the same match some people are watching.

Imagine someone saying:

- Mikel is liability
- Uche is wasteful (all because one chance missed marginally)
- The players are playing like pregnant women

Na wa.  grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by NemekGee: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
Princek12:

You can see the fear in yusuf muhammed's game play. i think he should be substituted and sent back home straight instead of wasting money feeding him in Angola cos IMHO he shouldnt even play anyoda game
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Jairzinho(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
Too many passengers in naija team- yakubu,etuhu are nowhere to be found.

Thank God we dropped eneramo for Obasi-the guy's on fire !!!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by deb(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
I have promised myself never to get hypertension from watching S. Eagles. cheesy
For those of you whose heart are 100% with the team I wish you well.

As a patriotic Nigerian I want us to win but if we don't I no go kill myself, I don't care attitude
na im I dey take watch the match o. Make I no come die young because of one football match lipsrsealed

Personally, I feel the Eagles are not doing too badly.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
marutimon:

Damn,  Mikel is doing a great job (apart from losing possesion from time to time). His passes are cutting open the Egyptian defence. So get off him.

Taiwo is also doing great. Goes forward at times, but when he manages to return he is without fault and the best defender,

You really must open your eyes!
You are spot on about Mikel but Taiwo, pluzzzzzzzzz!

Again, not a bad first half.

Second half under way. . .
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omega25red(m): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
http://www.online-mekan..com/

you can watch it here high quality video
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
Super Eagles!

# The best first-33 mins have seen Eagles played since Westerhof left.

# Obasi is always my choice of player.

# Thumbs up to Dickson. Well well composed.

Can we win this match?

Yes we can.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
MOTM is OBASI!!!
What a player!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kabna(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
4 u princek

ball possession eventhougn not averything means you are likely to cvreate more scoring chances than ur opponent so if u utilize them u win thats how ball possession wins a match daa
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Katsumoto: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2010
Martins should come in Yakubu,
Osaze for Uche and Kanu for one of Ayila or Etuhu

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Cash Prize Breakdown For Each Stage / Wenger To Replace Mourinho At Manchester United / Police Raids Messi's Wedding Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.