Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

(TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) (547 Views)

Naira Shortage Forces Banks To Boycott CBN Dollar Sale / Nigeria’s Dollar Shortage Worsens As Demand For School Fees Abroad Mounts / Naira Tumbles To 490 As Dollar Shortage Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) by Omarionlove: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2017
It's no news that our naira mastercards cannot pay money online for international transactions, only GTB allows $100 limit.

I wanted to pay my website hosting bill, it was about $200+
About 89k in naira, and I couldn't pay. I did my best for 3 weeks and there was no solution.
Then I met one akinbo akintunde, he claimed he operates an international PayPal account from Nigeria and has money in it, also said he has a payoneer MasterCard that he can use to pay.
Since my hosting will soon be off which means my money making website would soon be down, I then opted to send him the money.

The sad story, d guy told series of lies, in short he didn't
Pay oo, I lost 80k .

All of you sending money to people you don't know either Mmm, or gethelp or you are joining whatsapp groups, you are set to loose your money cheaply, you are sending money to someone you don't know...

Those things are built in such a way that they have to crash a certain time, and d owners will run away with your money.

I met akintunde akinbo on facebook, a little research I made about him shows he is one of those people that claims to be internet guru and selling crap to people.

Please run and don't send money to who you don't know, kindly share your online scam experience below too.
Re: (TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) by jjmk(m): 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Even Gtb would not allow my small $15 funding of my Neteller and skrill accounts. This has become a problem.

Thinking of getting a dollar MasterCard for my Gtb dom account...I don't know if that will be the solution.
Re: (TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Omarionlove:
It's no news that our naira mastercards cannot pay money online for international transactions, only GTB allows $100 limit.

I wanted to pay my website hosting bill, it was about $200+
About 89k in naira, and I couldn't pay. I did my best for 3 weeks and there was no solution.
Then I met one akinbo akintunde, he claimed he operates an international PayPal account from Nigeria and has money in it, also said he has a payoneer MasterCard that he can use to pay.
Since my hosting will soon be off which means my money making website would soon be down, I then opted to send him the money.

The sad story, d guy told series of lies, in short he didn't
Pay oo, I lost 80k .

All of you sending money to people you don't know either Mmm, or gethelp or you are joining whatsapp groups, you are set to loose your money cheaply, you are sending money to someone you don't know...

Those things are built in such a way that they have to crash a certain time, and d owners will run away with your money.

I met akintunde akinbo on facebook, a little research I made about him shows he is one of those people that claims to be internet guru and selling crap to people.

Please run and don't send money to who you don't know, kindly share your online scam experience below too.

Bros... Firstly I'd say sorry for your loss.

Now the issue here is that when you come online to transact, you don't just send money to every tom dick and Harry who claims to be involved in funds exchange...

There's a list of trained exchangers on this section who you can contact for your fund needs and you get transaction completed within 10 minutes...

You could also open a post asking people to vouch for someone ...

Next time, kindly find that list of trusted exchangers in order not to get scammed ...
Re: (TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) by Omarionlove: 12:45am On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks bro. I understand, it's just because I needed it really bad that time, so I had to just get d hosting back very quickly
Re: (TRUE)I Was Scammed Due To This Dollar Shortage (share Your Online Scam Story) by Omarionlove: 12:48am On Feb 11, 2017
jjmk:
Even Gtb would not allow my small $15 funding of my Neteller and skrill accounts. This has become a problem.

Thinking of getting a dollar MasterCard for my Gtb dom account...I don't know if that will be the solution.

Na so we see am oo.. If you get a dollar MasterCard. You will have to to source fro dollar yourself, that's stress oo

(1) (Reply)

Invest In this Business and become a Millionaire. / Invest Your Money In Haulage And Make Good Returns Monthly / Easiest Way To Make Money In Dollar And Naira [free]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.