Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel (606 Views)

Securitymen Bar Ex-gov Daniel From Entering Obasanjo’s Home / Speaker Bankole, Gov Daniel And Abiola's Daughter Lose Pdp Tickets / Efcc Traces £2.7m London Property To Gov Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by ichommy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
Nigerians, especially politicians and public affairs commentators, have been told not to play politics with the health challenges of President Umaru Yar’Adua. Chief Daniel said it was uncharitable for individuals to want to play God with the current situation, admonishing those he described as agitators of President Yar’Adua’s resignation not to allow partisan politics to make them lose their humanity and compassion.

He said history was replete with world leaders who had been in President Yar Adua’s position and yet made tremendous impact on the course of human development and history.

According to him, “these trying times, all patriotic Nigerians should rise above political and other considerations to show unflinching love and support for Mr. President and his family.

Governor Daniel also saluted the kindheartedness and patriotism of religious leaders and other Nigerians who had beseeched God to heal the president, urging them not to relent as God would honour their prayers.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/05122009/news/news11.html
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by oderemo(m): 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
these trying times, all patriotic Nigerians should rise above political and other considerations to show unflinching love and support for Mr. President and his family.

go and sit your ass down , DANIEL.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2009
I agree with not politicizing his illness, but I don't believe this man even speaks for his constituents in this.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by oderemo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ kobo

couldnt reply you the other day , came back from 9ja days ago. was in a internet cafe . before you say bingo nepa don take light.
anyway this daniel guy is just a shameless giza, heard the new one , rumour says he is heading the for senate to avoid doing a BODE GEORGE.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2009
Welcome back @OdeRemo!!!!

I need to ask, what was your take on the poeple around you? I got the feeling people around me( friends and distant family) are all too comfortable living in ignorance. What do you think? I mean whenever I hear one ridiculous story or another and I approach my friends( in Nigeria) about it, they seemed to treat it like it was all happening in some netherworld they were not part of.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by oderemo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2009
spent 6 months in 9ja, truth is its all about moni, which is finally finding its way down to the well connected and those well connected are flexing their muscle . people are becoming very comfortable , i think toooo comfortable if you ask me. with moni you can get ANYTHING, get away with murder , i mean TA SE RE MONI.
But is not all bad news, i use to be negative about that country before but if one can try to see beyond the fog there is SHIT load of moni to be made for any entrepreneur out there. trust me.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by coolier(f): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2009
ichommy:

“these trying times,
http://www.tribune.com.ng/05122009/news/news11.html

Shut up. Just shut up.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2009
I am not really concerned about the making money angle considering money can be made just about anywhere with a good idea. I am more concerned about the status quo and if the people really want and need it to change at all. I get the sense that many are comfortable( as well) with it remaining as is, even though they complain so much about it.
Re: Don’t Politicise Yar’adua’s Illness - Gov Daniel by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2009
This sounds like the new politically correct mantra

Is'nt it the case that we are talking about this because he is the President.

If he is a private citizen and hence his activities has not impact on our lives I doubt anyone will loose sleep over it. if OBJ contacts HIV today and is dying of it no one will be bothered.

If Yar'adua resigns we wont be talking about his illness. its that simple.

(1) (Reply)

The Trembling Eight / Kwara:why Power Must Shift From Saraki Lineage, By Islamic Cleric / Father Alerted US About Nigerian Plane Bomb Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.