Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB (2670 Views)

PDP Governors Plan ‘unity List’ To Stop IBB, Jonathan / GEJ Replies Garba Shehu: Time For Propaganda Over, It's Time For Proper Agenda / Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by temitofa(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Since August 27, 1993 that the self-styled military President of Nigeria, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, stepped down, he has not really been in the public like the his senior army counterpart, General Olusegun Obasanjo.

An Award-winning film producer, Obi Emelonye announced his plans on producing a biographical movie on General Babangida which is alleged to be to titled 'Badamasi'.

The Pre-production of the film is scheduled to commence from next month, March and will run till June, 2017. Emelonye has produced popular movies such as “ Last Flight to Abuja”, “ Oxford Gardens”, “The Mirror Boy” and “Onye Ozi”.

While addressing the press earlier this week about the project, Emelonye said, “Badamasi” is a story of love, war, politics, violence, diplomacy, coups, corruption and governance laced with heavy dose of Machiavellian intrigue.

Emelonye said, “The time has come for Nigerians to start telling their stories. This journey started in 2012 when I watched Mandela. As I watched it, I felt proud as an African. As Nigerians, we have several historical figures who haven’t been immortalized on the big and small screens for the world to see.”

According to Emelonye, the project is to indirectly bring out some history of the rise of an ophan to a great military leader, define some controversial moments during his rule and some other military rulers; ranging from the civil war to several coups and a touch of the June 12 saga.

“For so long, so many of these issues surrounding the IBB years have been shrouded in mystery and hearsay, remaining eventually unresolved. This has not been helped by the noble silence of the man himself since stepping aside from the highest office in the land. In a series of no-holds-bar interviews, IBB spoke, for the first time about these controversies.

The result is some shocking perspectives and revelations that make this film a must watch for every Nigerian and indeed, every African.”

Through this film, Nigerians will get to know a lot of unresolved, schemings and game of chess behind this great military leader that was also known as ‘Maradonna’ by the masses.

Emelonye however admitted said that he’s aware of the controversy the movie will generate when it touches the cinema screen on October 1, 2017.

According to the him, the film will unearth many of the ‘darkest’ events in the life of Babangida, including the ‘ June 12 saga’, the infamous ‘Gideon Okar coup’ among other burning issues that set IBB apart from other African leaders.

Emelonye defines the project as “the most important film of his career so far” and approaches the project with a sense of responsibility, objectivity and artistic wholeheartedness.

“ When I want to embark on his film, I looked at the story of General Yakubu Gown, Olusegun Obasanjo, President Mohammed Buhari and General Ibrahim Babangida. At the end, I settled for Babangida because his story is highly inspiring and still has historical relevance. This was in 2013, I know that a lot of things happened during IBB’s reign as Nigerian military leader which are still in the public domain till date. When I met him, I told him I’m making a film on a man called Badamosi, almost critical, almost objective about the man. And he replied; “May be, it’s time for me to speak,” Emelonye said.

http://www.tellforceblog.com/2017/02/its-time-for-me-to-speak-ibb.html
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by success1smyn(m): 8:50am On Feb 11, 2017
let me use this parking space first. brb

**modified**
yimmu
I thought I was going to read ibb's words

anyway sha I have read his stories several times and I see him as a unique human being both for the good and that bad.
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by babyfaceafrica: 8:52am On Feb 11, 2017
Story
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by casttlebarbz(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2017
speak...pls speak
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2017
We don't need too much talk, we need actions.
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Nogodye(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Wetin dey their mouth...
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Jaabioro(m): 8:57am On Feb 11, 2017
Does he have any new invented words to say?
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by greatgod2012(f): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2017
IBB; the maradonna himself! The originator of modern day corruption in Nigeria!
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by waledeji(m): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2017
An Award-winning film producer, Obi Emelonye announced his plans on producing a biographical movie on General Babangida which is alleged to be to titled 'Badamasi'.[b][/b]
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by rayblast(m): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2017
Are u about to die ni?
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by waledeji(m): 9:15am On Feb 11, 2017
An Award-winning film producer, Obi Emelonye [s][/s]announced his plans on producing a biographical movie on General Babangida which is alleged to be to titled 'Badamasi'.

OBI' s are always ready to defend crooks as long as they get there own share lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by orunto27: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Make it a Film and Home Video so that many will be privileged to watch it. IBB is an African Mythology now.
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Bujumbura(m): 9:31am On Feb 11, 2017
waledeji:

An Award-winning film producer, Obi Emelonye [s][/s]announced his plans on producing a biographical movie on General Babangida which is alleged to be to titled 'Badamasi'.

OBI' s are always ready to defend crooks as long as they get there own share lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
So making a Film about someone means you are defending him?

You are a real story of what Opon Imo can do to the brain of a kid from Osogbo

5 Likes

Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by ufuosman(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2017
Maradona of naija politics, speak, all ears is open to hear
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Inani(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2017
waledeji:
An Award-winning film producer, Obi Emelonye announced his plans on producing a biographical movie on General Babangida which is alleged to be to titled 'Badamasi'.[b][/b]
The man that devalued our currency
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by waledeji(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Bujumbura:

Obi cheesy grin
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by kettykin: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2017
waledeji:

Really, what about the chronic thief in Bourdillon who put Nigeria in the biggest mess since 1914 through his greed for the national treasure

1 Like

Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by Sctests: 11:53am On Feb 11, 2017
Bujumbura:

Lol the yoruba mor0n would have prefered they make a movie on Thiefnnubu his looting principal.

yorubas still hate IBB for kicking out their MKO abiola from the gate of aso rock and we were sheepishly supporting them and fighting their battles against fulanis in the 90s.

In retrospect, I now love IBB for teaching yorubas a lesson, the way they Booharry for hating Igbos.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by owobokiri(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
waledeji:

Shut your dirty trap there. It is a biography, you can take whatever you like from it.. I dont know where people that bow before Tinubu and Fashola get off accusing some other people of supporting or defending corruption.. How do you guys do it?
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by policy12: 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
Who im talk epp? Ex-Thief.
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by DoyenExchange: 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
IBB again?
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by TheNonce: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ibb the emir of notice me politics! Abeg just keep quiet, the yawa of naija don pass your stale yarns!
Re: It’s Time For Me To Speak —IBB by NCP: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
I just don't get it, well to those that care for it, you can get your visas to either
France,
Uganda,
Chile or
Kentucky

That is non of my business.

(1) (Reply)

Time To Restructure Nigeria Has Come Says IBB / What Is President Muhammadu Buhari Cso Staring At ? :pix / Buba Galadima With Adams Oshiomhole & Wife At A Dinner Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.