Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems (820 Views)

Golf 3 Hard Starting. Gurus help please! / Toyota Matrix Starting Problems / This Is Why Your Car Is Doing Hard Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by ib4babes(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please i need help, my car car was not having stress of starting till sometime last week. i changed the crankshaft oil seal, meaning the engine was brought down for the first time since i started using the car for almost 6years now. after the seal replacement i went to wash off the engine and my car ended up sleeping in the car wash over night because the car wash guy messed me up with the water all over the car engine and virtually all the socket filled with water, in fact i had to change the plugs and now my car is having serious problems starting, i mean real hard starting. please what should i do? Its an Infinity QX4 2002/3 Model, VQ35
Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by diportivo: 4:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
U steam washed ur engine

Dats a no-no bros

Get a competent rewire

Best of luck
Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by ib4babes(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
it was not steam washing. it was just normal washing

diportivo:
U steam washed ur engine

Dats a no-no bros

Get a competent rewire

Best of luck
Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by Danfuster(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
Next time, clean it with diesel... It's not as expensive as the car wash, I say diesel... Don't use petrol oo
Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
Did you replace with the right plugs? Except the starter has been damaged I believe it should throw error codes (soon).
Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
VQ35, one coil per cylinder, remove all coils, have them cleaned, remove spark plugs, have them all cleaned, clean harness of throttle body and airflow meter. Should fix the problem.

1 Like

Re: My Vcar Is Having Serious Hard Starting Problems by ib4babes(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
ok, but i have already replaced the plugs and before then i cleaned the coils. Maybe i'll have to do that again when i get home in a weeks time. Then i will get back to the house.
GAZZUZZ:
VQ35, one coil per cylinder, remove all coils, have them cleaned, remove spark plugs, have them all cleaned, clean harness of throttle body and airflow meter. Should fix the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes C240 Service A / German Automakers Face Lawsuit Over Price-fixing / Why Driving Licence Check And Validation Should Be Put To Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.