Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Jonathan Speaks Out... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Speaks Out... (1530 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On ‘756 Nigerians Dying Under His Watch’ / Jonathan Speaks On Maina’s Return / "PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019" - Jonathan Speaks At PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Speaks Out... by jesicajonna(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again. I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming. I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education. But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions. I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero. But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000. My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together. I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by Presh900(m): 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
Who has news on the particular hospital Buhari is??
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by sarrki(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Dr Gej what say of you sire

You left Nigeria in a bad shape

Baba buhari is doing is best to clean it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by fbtowner(m): 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
Oh. If u check well this man is 90% correct in everything he said.

This country Sha
he didn't talk about the loot that are being recovered daily.
maybe they are just propaganda because I don't trust this buhari regime

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by TOBIeee68(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
am a fully member of APC but to said the truth Gej really try for this country but our people doesn't appreciate seriously though many pple loot under him wic Mr buahri also fighting but let us appreciate our hero good leader Nigeria Eva had. I also thought Nigeria will crasp 2015 but the man love his country that's why let us not criticise him, who can tell me pple under buahri are not corrupt? no 1 even also d silent corrupt era President but pple doesn't noo.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by uvalued(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2017
@sarri abeg come take this points scatter am for me... dont just say my hero is the most corrupt president..
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by tuniski: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2017
TOBIeee68:
am a fully member of APC but to said the truth Gej really try for this country but our people doesn't appreciate seriously though many pple loot under him wic Mr buahri also fighting but let us appreciate our hero good leader Nigeria Eva had. I also thought Nigeria will crasp 2015 but the man love his country that's why let us not criticise him, who can tell me pple under buahri are not corrupt? no 1 even also d silent corrupt era President but pple doesn't noo.
That is fair!
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by omokab: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please tell us what your regime generated in term of oil revenue and what you use those money for. Please us more on what you met in foreign reserve and tell us what remain before you left office including excess crude oil account sir. Please help us publicise the total numbers of roads your government rehabilitate and the one you constructed despite oil booms that sold above 100 dollars. You try on election but is not the measure for leaving bad government in term of economy. Please talk on all looted funds we are hearing up and down as concern your cabinet members like the case of diazini and yakubu even military funds that was meant for fighting boko haram. Please you can aslo tell us why you are borrowing to pay civil servant despite your claim that the economy is in good shape. Sir on roads I will even like you to mention numbers of roads you constructed in south east and south south for your supporters. Let me stop here for the main time.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by Musampa73(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2017
God will surely judge each and every one of you guys (PMB &GEJ) with your hands work.

I won't say more than that.
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
May your life be like the economy of Nigeria for supporting evil.
sarrki:
Dr Gej what say of you sire

You left Nigeria in a bad shape

Baba buhari is doing is best to clean it
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by ch91: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
omokab:
Please tell us what your regime generated in term of oil revenue and what you use those money for. Please us more on what you met in foreign reserve and tell us what remain before you left office including excess crude oil account sir. Please help us publicise the total numbers of roads your government rehabilitate and the one you constructed despite oil booms that sold above 100 dollars. You try on election but is not the measure for leaving bad government in term of economy. Please talk on all looted funds we are hearing up and down as concern your cabinet members like the case of diazini and yakubu even military funds that was meant for fighting boko haram. Please you can aslo tell us why you are borrowing to pay civil servant despite your claim that the economy is in good shape. Sir on roads I will even like you to mention numbers of roads you constructed in south east and south south for your supporters. Let me stop here for the main time.
broom waving zombie
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by Horus(m): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2017
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by kenny905(m): 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
u voted someone that retired and was living peacefully in his daura village to come and lead a country with over 170milion people in this modern era of iphones, bonds, twitter etc (u knw what i mean) and u r complaining?? The worst is the afonjas who like to boast of being educated with knowledge allowed theirselves to be carried like a hurricane in d wrong direction by the ever smelling mouth of tinibu as fani kayode once said

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by fowosh: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
source
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by omokab: 9:06am On Feb 12, 2017
ch91:

broom waving zombie
thank you. As you know that a reasonable human being uses a broom everyday to clean his surrounding and broom is also use for aa lot of good things comapra to unbrella that is only meant for use during raining season and partially during dry season. Is good to be a broom waver than being a seasonal umbrella usage.
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by darknetcom: 9:08am On Feb 12, 2017
boring...
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by darknetcom: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2017
he is the bufffoon not letting us alone..

we are trying very hard to forget him..but he keeps on talking over us abroad over and over again... undecided
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by darknetcom: 9:15am On Feb 12, 2017
fowosh:
source

salad..
Re: Jonathan Speaks Out... by citizenY(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2017
Horus:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4850796_4845211img20161227034856jpeg453f85962d0376e407010fa8a37ab114_jpeg3c9c3d6233b2c105951ef58ac680dcb2

How I pity this man...

GEJ is like the proverbial crazy monkey on the mango tree... Deziani and co dey point where ripe mango dey, e dey shake branch, woof ,whooof, whooosh, mango dey fall dem dey pack am. E come down now e dey manage the ones wey bat don bite. And the owners don catch am....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Yahaya Bello Approved 300% Increament In Kogi State Students Bussary / Nigerian Army Fight IPOB At Enugu-abakaliki Express Way (photos) / Anambra Youths Counter Ipob's Election Boycott,insist election must hold(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.