Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why No Big Poultry In South East - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why No Big Poultry In South East (1698 Views)

Man Spots A Python In His Poultry In Bayelsa. Photo / Mohaz Poultry In Anambra Is The Biggest Poultry Industry In South-East Nigeria / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No Big Poultry In South East by mikolo80: 4:15am On Feb 12, 2017
Why do south easterners always come to south west to buy poultry products. I understand heat problem in north but not why it's prohibitive to invest in poultry in South east. Please does anyone know why this is? I thought they're both rain forest
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by matrixme(m): 8:20am On Feb 12, 2017
They just opened the largest poultry in Anambra. Let's hope it meets the demand from that corridor. The actual truth is that the south west has better experience with agriculture. They know how to do it cheaper. The climate also tends to be more favourable in the south west. I can bet you that the price of poultry products from the new farm will still be more expensive than that from Ibadan.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/n13bn-investment-in-poultry-farming-coming-for-anambra/
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by mikolo80: 4:25am On Mar 13, 2017
matrixme:
They just opened the largest poultry in Anambra. Let's hope it meets the demand from that corridor. The actual truth is that the south west has better experience with agriculture. They know how to do it cheaper. The climate also tends to be more favourable in the south west. I can bet you that the price of poultry products from the new farm will still be more expensive than that from Ibadan.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/n13bn-investment-in-poultry-farming-coming-for-anambra/
I know that's why I'm asking that why no poultry all this while.and south south. always here then complain of the cost of importing day old chicks and even buying large quantity of broilers and eggs from south west. even north. is there any ecological advantage/disadvantage
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by kentochi(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2017
this question need answer pls
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by Nairasurplus(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
There is one at Igbariam owned by our Governor. You need to see it. It is the biggest.
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by SUPERPACK: 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
mikolo80:
Why do south easterners always come to south west to buy poultry products. I understand heat problem in north but not why it's prohibitive to invest in poultry in South east. Please does anyone know why this is? I thought they're both rain forest
there are big poultry farms in Enugu they include:
Phinomar Nig ltd
Alpha poultry
Bora farms
Johanna farms etc
People come from far north to buy egg and meat in large quantity especially phinomar Nig Ltd.
Do an extensive research on my post.
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by mikolo80: 3:30am On Mar 14, 2017
SUPERPACK:
Phinomar Nig ltd
Alpha poultry
Bora farms
Johanna farms etc
People come from far north to buy egg and meat in large quantity especially phinomar Nig Ltd.
hmm I know there will be 1 or two big farms but why do they still buy from southwest. I don't understand the economics
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by Adaodogwu(f): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
sunchi farm at emene Enugu
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by Jofez: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
SUPERPACK:
Phinomar Nig ltd
Alpha poultry
Bora farms
Johanna farms etc
Bro you're right. Phinomar alone should be the biggest in south east. Ausonic farm nko, animal health farms and hatchery too. Jofez farms Nigeria too grin
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by Jofez: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2017
The reason they still come to south west especially Ibadan is because most hatcheries are located there and they've made good names. Not that we don't have hatcheries in south east, doc transporters are all in Ibadan and you know not all buses carry doc. If you buy from sunchi in Enugu, you've to look for car to transport it and its usually commercial car or "chatter" which is very expensive. So to save yourself the stress, you order from Ibadan and call the driver coming to your area to bring them for you.
Re: Why No Big Poultry In South East by mikolo80: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2017
Jofez:
The reason they still come to south west especially Ibadan is because most hatcheries are located there and they've made good names. Not that we don't have hatcheries in south east, doc transporters are all in Ibadan and you know not all buses carry doc. If you buy from sunchi in Enugu, you've to look for car to transport it and its usually commercial car or "chatter" which is very expensive. So to save yourself the stress, you order from Ibadan and call the driver coming to your area to bring them for you.
why don't hatcheries invest in transport for day old chicks. Ibo know-it-all about transport business na. Can't one use open pick up or cabstar

(1) (Reply)

Can Dry Ugwu Seeds Germinate? / 1kg - 2kg Catfish For Sale In Owerri / Buyers And Marketers Of Vitamin A Cassava( GARRI) Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.