Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You (615 Views)

If Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad Met. Wht Do U Think They Would Do? / Wht Is Poverty? / Wht Kind Of Human <see Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by violent(m): 1:41am On Dec 06, 2009
A former secondary school mate died about 2 days ago, cry
He had a hot argument with his cousin and the latter got out of control and stabbed him to death.
I couldn't help but seek answers to questions that forced their ways into my mind: Perhaps the dude woke up just like any other folk out there, did some morning routine exercise, logged into Nairaland, perhaps he even replied some topics and then before the end of the day his time was up, and just like everyone that has gone before, he now rest in peace.
Life is strange, the sun comes out with so much energy and the night blesses with its own silence, the sound of the tick tock continues. and gradually, every man meets his own end.
Jesus is calling today, he alone is the way!, look what he did for you

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mtR5-OoMhPM&feature=player_embedded[/flash]
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by violent(m): 1:45am On Dec 06, 2009
I welcome your replies
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by Luvties(m): 6:29am On Dec 06, 2009
Such is life!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by Tudor6(f): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2009
Yea such is life. . . .my advice; Get a gun!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by KunleOshob(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2009
@Tudor
Ain't you supposed to be in church??
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by Tudor6(f): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2009
Service don dismiss my guy. I went for the early morning business meeting.
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by jagunlabi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2009
violent:

A former secondary school mate died about 2 days ago, cry
He had a hot argument with his cousin and the latter got out of control and stabbed him to death.
I couldn't help but seek answers to questions that forced their ways into my mind: Perhaps the dude woke up just like any other folk out there, did some morning routine exercise, logged into Nairaland, perhaps he even replied some topics and then before the end of the day his time was up, and just like everyone that has gone before, he now rest in peace.
Life is strange, the sun comes out with so much energy and the night blesses with its own silence, the sound of the tick tock continues. and gradually, every man meets his own end.
Jesus is calling today, he alone is the way!, look what he did for you

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mtR5-OoMhPM&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

You meant to say, "Look at what he did to himself", abi?
He definitely did not get himself whooped because of me, because no be me send am. cool
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by violent(m): 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2009
@Jagunlabi:

Well, am quite sure you aren't hearing the story for the first time, its either you don't believe in the existence of a God or you do and you just hate him {which does not really make sense because we are all mortals and we end up as dust in the end}
A man came into this earth many years ago, he conquered death and hell, he died an innocent man, he gave His innocence for other people's sins, he died for the sins of the world.
Jagunlabi, look at the sun and moon, a power exist somewhere greater than what we could ever fathom, tht is the power of God!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by jagunlabi(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
And how does this pathetic story of fairy tale represent the existence of a creaotr God?
btw, i am not an atheist, so i have no problem accepting the existence of a creator.I just don't associate that to the story of a god who sacrificed himself to himself to clean off sins of his creations when he could have just do that without all the convoluted drama.
That jesus died for our sins is a joke of an act that should make all christians cringe with embarassment.
violent:

@Jagunlabi:

Well, am quite sure you aren't hearing the story for the first time, its either you don't believe in the existence of a God or you do and you just hate him {which does not really make sense because we are all mortals and we end up as dust in the end}
A man came into this earth many years ago, he conquered death and hell, he died an innocent man, he gave His innocence for other people's sins, he died for the sins of the world.
Jagunlabi, look at the sun and moon, a power exist somewhere greater than what we could ever fathom, tht is the power of God!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by banom(m): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ poster

I am a  born again christian though, but what i dont understand is why and how christians could be using emotional and psychological manipulations to preach the gospel,

why did you have to tell a story about death and bring out a pathetic looking pictures and peddle the gospel message in it,  What you just did was creating a compelling spectacle with a picture and a heart touching story, it is only an emotional and naive person you can use that to convert  and of course, once the effect has diminished from his sub conscious mind , he will go back to sins, you can never use that to convert a real smart person who will see through and understand the game you just played.

It was this kind of manipulation that pushed me out of religion before.
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
banom:

@ poster

I am a  born again christian though, but what i dont understand is why and how christians could be using emotional and psychological manipulations to preach the gospel,

why did you have to tell a story about death and bring out a pathetic looking pictures and peddle the gospel message in it,  What you just did was creating a compelling spectacle with a picture and a heart touching story, it is only an emotional and naive person you can use that to convert  and of course, once the effect has diminished from his sub conscious mind , he will go back to sins, you can never use that to convert a real smart person who will see through and understand the game you just played.

Banom is right. What has salvation to do with the criminal act of your friend's cousin? Should you not rather be requesting jail time? We dont all have murderous cousins.
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by banom(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2009
davidylan:

Banom is right. What has salvation to do with the criminal act of your friend's cousin? Should you not rather be requesting jail time? We dont all have murderous cousins.

Uncle Davidylan, the whole manipulation thing troubles my mind, is the kingdom of God not good enough that people will have to engage in things like that in other to preach about it ?
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by toluxa1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
banom:

@ poster

I am a  born again christian though, but what i dont understand is why and how christians could be using emotional and psychological manipulations to preach the gospel,

why did you have to tell a story about death and bring out a pathetic looking pictures and peddle the gospel message in it,  What you just did was creating a compelling spectacle with a picture and a heart touching story, it is only an emotional and naive person you can use that to convert  and of course, once the effect has diminished from his sub conscious mind , he will go back to sins, you can never use that to convert a real smart person who will see through and understand the game you just played.

You are making PERFECT sense bro. I mean PERFECT SENSE This is the same thing that happens when the church tries to put people in this perpertual fear of going to hellfire,so they spend every day of the week  in church. They paint fearful stories of Hell fire. I was telling my mum the other day that alot of what we hear in church can be campared to MOTIVATIONAL TALK.
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by violent(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
Am sorry guys, i don't mean it to sound that way, maybe u guys were right after all, am only trying to pass a message that its better to accept Jesus before it's too late!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by jagunlabi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2009
And what does accepting jesus means?Which jesus should be accepted?The catholic jesus?Or the mormon jesus?Or the jehovah's witness jesus?Or the other 30,000 different other jesuses?Which one of those do you want people to accept?
violent:

Am sorry guys, i don't mean it to sound that way, maybe u guys were right after all, am only trying to pass a message that its better to accept Jesus before it's too late!
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by banom(m): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

And what does accepting jesus means?Which jesus should be accepted?The catholic jesus?Or the mormon jesus?Or the jehovah's witness jesus?Or the other 30,000 different other jesuses?Which one of those do you want people to accept?

@ Violent, can you please go through this reply and tell me what you can say that made jagunlabi to reject the gospel.
Re: Here Is Wht He's Done Just For You by Matin: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
Hmmmmm, nna na waaaa o

(1) (Reply)

Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications / Transhumanism And The Future Of Mankind / Speaking In Toungues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.