Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad (1692 Views)

Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? / Share Your Experience You Have Had With A Fake Pastor Or Prophet / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Khayil(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Is the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the enlightener our lord Jesus Christ promised? Or is the enlightener the holy spirit?
Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Khayil(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2017
Mmm

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 12, 2017
I'm not a Christian tho but Muslims tend to misread texts a lot.

Jesus (in the Bible, John 16:7) said he will “SEND” the him to the disciples. And in John 14:26, it is explicity stated that it is the holy spirit.

“Enlightener” ko lighter ni.... At least do a little research before you swallow your alfas' and sheikhs' nonsense hook, line and sinker.

“paraklétos” the Greek word used there means advocate, intercessor, comforter or helper.

Muhammad is nowhere mentioned in the Bible, understood?
Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Afobear: 11:47am On Feb 12, 2017
which yeye malu mohammed the cow fucker ? mohammed is a fhoolish cow fhucker that enjoyed fhuckin minors and barely legal and his sheeps ...he is notale for changing the religions of his time and beheading people like werey and name his movement islam ...i wonder the kind peace gotten from beheading people and raping minors ..mohammed was a useless pork and his followers are porkians

1 Like

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by aminusanti(m): 12:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
>John 14:16<
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

Q: How will the comforter abide with us forever??
A: His teachings and Quran will be here to stay till the last day.

>John 14:26<
"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Ask yourself as a christian What new and innovative teachings has the Holy Ghost given mankind which were not taught by Jesus??

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when HE , the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, [that] shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come. HE SHALL GLORIFY ME: for HE shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

It is important to notice the words "ALL truth" and "MANY things." "Many" and "All" means more than one. What new and innovative teachings has the Holy Ghost given mankind which were not taught by Jesus (peace be upon him)? The Qur'an says:

"O mankind! The messenger (Muhammad) hath come unto you with the truth from your Lord. Therefore believe; (it is) better for you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is the All-Knower, the All-Wise." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):120)

"We (God) have sent you (O Muhammad) with the Truth, as a bringer of glad tidings and a warner." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqarah(2):119)

"Those are the Verses of Allah. We recite them upon you (O Muhammad) in Truth. And verily, you are among the messengers."(The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqarah(2):252)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Sorry but there's no correlation between the two.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Just a quick note, the Arabic word "Muhammad" is an expression which means "The honorable one" or "The glorified one" or "The admirable" or "Praiseworthy".

Prophet Muhammad was the first in the Middle East to be named "Muhammad". Below, you will see how Jesus in today's Gospel of John had called this human Prophet which he predicted his comming "The honorable one". Jesus in the Greek Bible used the Greek word "Periklytos" which means the admirable or glorified one. He called that predicted human prophet "Periklytos". This word corresponds exactly to the Arabic word "Muhammad" which also means the "admired one" or "glorified one. " In other words, "Periklytos" is "Muhammad" in Greek.

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when [/color] HE , the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, [that] shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come. HE SHALL GLORIFY ME: for HE shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

Who is that He

In these four verses, the word "comforter" is translated from the word "Paraclete" ("Ho Parakletos" in Greek). Parakletos in Greek is interpreted as "an advocate", one who pleads the cause of another, one who councils or advises another from deep concern for the other's welfare (Beacon Bible commentary volume VII, p.168). In these verses we are told that once Jesus (peace be upon him) departs, a Paraclete will come. He will glorify Jesus (peace be upon him), and he will guide mankind into all truth. This "Paraclete" is identified in John 14:26 as the Holy Ghost.

It must be pointed out that the original Greek manuscripts speak of a "Holy pneuma." The word pneuma {pnyoo'-mah} is the Greek root word for "spirit."

There is no separate word for "Ghost" in the Greek manuscripts, of which there are claimed to be over 24,000 today. The translators of the King James Version of the Bible translate this word as "Ghost" to convey their own personal understanding of the text. However, a more accurate translation is "Holy Spirit." More faithful and recent translations of the Bible, such as the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV), do indeed now translate it as "Holy Spirit." This is significant, and will be expounded upon shortly.

All Bibles in existence today are compiled from "ancient manuscripts," the most ancient of which being those of the fourth century C.E. Any scholar of the Bible will tell us that no two ancient manuscripts are exactly identical. All Bibles in our possession today are the result of extensive cutting and pasting from these various manuscripts with no single one being the definitive reference.

The Holy Ghost Cannot Be The Comforter

In the above verses we read "if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

" The comforter can not be the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost (according to the Bible) was "with" them already (and even quite active) long before the coming of Jesus (peace be upon him) himself and then throughout his ministry. Read for example.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

1 Samuel 10:10 "And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them."

1 Samuel 11:6 "And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly."

"Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?" (Isaiah 63:11)

"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee." (Luke 1:35)

"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost" (Luke 1:41)

"And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying," (Luke 1:67)

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this,
he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22)

Did they or did they not already receive the Holy Ghost? Was Jesus (peace be upon him) not still with them when they received the Holy Ghost? Was the Holy Ghost not with Simeon, Mary, Elisabeth and Zacharias before the birth of Jesus (peace be upon him)? Was the Holy Ghost not with Moses (peace be upon him) when he parted the seas?

There are many more similar verses to be found in the Bible. In the above verses, we are told that if Jesus (peace be upon him) does not depart then the "parakletos" will not come. Thus, the "Holy Ghost" cannot be the one originally intended since it was already with them. The contradiction is quite obvious.

" ...This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee." (Matthew 21:11) and "..Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people" (Luke 24:19smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim
Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem ."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6: "And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Khayil(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Afobear:
which yeye malu mohammed the cow fucker ? mohammed is a fhoolish cow fhucker that enjoyed fhuckin minors and barely legal and his sheeps ...he is notale for changing the religions of his time and beheading people like werey and name his movement islam ...i wonder the kind peace gotten from beheading people and raping minors ..mohammed was a useless pork and his followers are porkians

i dont kW how true everything u said is, I hope this doesn't incite hate comments and attacks on you.
in as much as I wanna gain illumination I want us to civil about it
Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by otemanuduno: 7:04am On Feb 17, 2017
Khayil:
Is the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the enlightener our lord Jesus Christ promised? Or is the enlightener the holy spirit?
None of the above. The enlighteners are the scientists. Religion is just a form of darkness made to slow down the rate of global development and deeper thinking.

DOCTUFOS: Adspiramen 16: 5-6
5. And these two beliefs shall resist the development of this planet greatly, until a time when it would no more be possible to suppress development.
6. And the founder of these two beliefs shall be one of the sons of God. They shall not cease to upgrade their beliefs every now and then to suit the time.
Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Khayil(m): 7:05am On Feb 17, 2017
aminusanti:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Ask yourself as a christian What new and innovative teachings has the Holy Ghost given mankind which were not taught by Jesus??

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when HE , the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear, [that] shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come. HE SHALL GLORIFY ME: for HE shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

It is important to notice the words "ALL truth" and "MANY things." "Many" and "All" means more than one. What new and innovative teachings has the Holy Ghost given mankind which were not taught by Jesus (peace be upon him)? The Qur'an says:

"O mankind! The messenger (Muhammad) hath come unto you with the truth from your Lord. Therefore believe; (it is) better for you. But if ye disbelieve, still, lo! unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth. Allah is the All-Knower, the All-Wise." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):120)

"We (God) have sent you (O Muhammad) with the Truth, as a bringer of glad tidings and a warner." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqarah(2):119)

"Those are the Verses of Allah. We recite them upon you (O Muhammad) in Truth. And verily, you are among the messengers."(The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqarah(2):252)

this is great but
do you believe in the existence of the holy spirit?
Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by Khayil(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2017
otemanuduno:
None of the above. The enlighteners are the scientists. Religion is just a form of darkness made to retard the rate of global development and deeper thinking.

mmmm
this is another idea

1 Like

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by aminusanti(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
Khayil:

this is great but
do you believe in the existence of the holy spirit?
Yes sir.
"The Day that the Spirit and the Angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (God) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.  (The Noble Quran, 78:38)"

1 Like

Re: Who Is Enlightener:- The Holy Spirit Or Prophet Muhammad by ifiokjohn(m): 8:57am On Mar 21, 2022
aminusanti:

then David, Solomon etc are comforters too cause their teachings are with us till this days

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experiences Of Witchcraft / The Mother Of All Fears - Joseph Prince / What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.