Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) (3377 Views)

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 12, 2017
2Cor.9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Will somebody please show me where in the New Testament we can find any of the believers paying tithes, or any of the Apostles asking for tithes? The epistles are full of discussions about giving for the support of preachers, teachers, and the poor: but no where do any of the Apostles ask for tithes or remind anyone to pay tithes. And, how can it be said that a man is not giving of necessity if he is obeying a LAW of tithing? How can it be said that a man is not giving of necessity, if he is convinced that he will be cursed with poverty if he fails to pay those tithes? Certainly, if the Apostle Paul thought he was authorized and obliged to demand tithes, he would have brought it up in 1 Corinthians chapter nine, where he asserts that he has a right to receive financial support from those he preaches to! Why doesn't Paul remind them that they are obliged to pay those tithes, and that he has a right to receive those tithes?

As to the only time the New Testament records Our Lord telling anyone to pay tithes; if this was understood as a command to the Church,how come it is never reaffirmed by any of the Apostles? Certainly, this would have been a simple way to guarantee the income of the clergy. Jesus, in Matthew 23:34, is addressing the Pharisees, not His own disciples, and He calls the concern about tithing a gnat. And yet, to the tithe collectors of Apostate Christendom, the gnat IS the camel.

Ah! But I can hear the crowing! Someone out there is eager to remind me that Abraham paid tithes before the Law of Moses; so that makes it a law for The Church. Let's just take a look at that story:

Heb.7:1 For this Melchisidec, King of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all;. . .
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

In Genesis chapter 14, Abraham goes out to rescue his nephew Lot, who along with many others has been kidnapped. The kidnappers had ransacked the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah where Lot lived, and were on their way back to their own cities. Abraham took 318 servants with him, (boy was he rich), and rescued Lot's family. He also took from the kidnappers all the loot they had obtained during their raids. After restoring the personal property of the residents of Sodom, he gave 10% of the loot to Melchisidec. This time, and this time only, are we ever told that Abraham pays tithes to anyone. There is no mention that he went home to round up 10% of the goods he had there, and anyone who could produce his own 318 man army was not poor. We are nowhere told that Abraham ever paid tithes on any of his income again. If Abraham establishes a law for Christians regarding tithing, then if you give away 10% of your next windfall, you have imitated Abraham. The purpose of Hebrews chapter 7 is not to establish a law of tithing, but to show how Jesus Christ was foreshadowed in symbols and figures throughout the Old Testament.

But then, someone will remember that Jacob said, Of all that Thou shalt give me, I will surely give the tenth unto Thee (Gen.28:22). We can presume from these words, that Jacob did, from that point, give the tenth to God: but to whom did he give it? How did he give it to God? There were no "clergymen" around to collect these tithes, and neither was there a Temple to bring them to. Perhaps Jacob gave these tithes to the poor; perhaps they were consumed in offerings by fire, but one thing is for sure: these tithes were not going into someone's "storehouse". Note: this was not a command to Jacob from God, but a vow made by Jacob to God. The antiquity of a practice does not make it a law for The Church, for circumcision also pre-dates The Law of Moses (John 7:22, Gal.5:2). I will in no way concede to THE LIE OF TITHING; but permit me to surmise here: that since our time, effort, our labor and our goods are all the practical equivalent of money; devoted Christians will always give MORE than 10% of all they have and all they get to God, in some way that God measures and recognizes.

I believe that those church members who take security in paying tithes would do well to consider these words of Our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matt.6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, Himself shall reward thee openly.

Now tell me if you can, how you can keep your left hand from knowing what your right hand is doing if you are being careful about that 10%? This is a clear command by Our Lord Jesus Christ to NOT KEEP TRACK of how generous we have been to church or charity. This also applies to keeping records of your giving for income tax purposes. If your church gives you that receipt at the end of the year for all your giving, you know, and they know, just how much you have given. That the Lord told the Pharisees to not neglect paying tithes is a reflection of His judgement on them: that they were not of His sheep. It was characteristic of Our Lord to encourage the self righteous in their works, and even to increase the requirement, so as to show them that they were not made righteous by these works.

To anyone who dares to ask the question: How much should I then give? There is only one answer: EVERYTHING. Jesus said:

Luke.14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
In the 18th chapter of Luke, a rich man asks the Lord what he must do to inherit eternal life. The Lord tells him to keep the commandments. When this guy proposes to the Lord that he has already kept all the commandments (and this must include tithing), and still something is lacking; Jesus says to him: sell ALL that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me (Luke 18:22). The man can't handle this, and goes away feeling sorry for himself. In the matter of money, paying tithes was not enough for this man to be justified in relation to his money. To anyone who needs to ask, "How much must I give up?", the answer is as it has always been: sell ALL that thou hast.

The only pattern for how much to give in the New Testament is in the 5th chapter of the Book of Acts. There, they gave everything they had: and when Ananias and Sapphira claimed to have forsaken all, when in fact, they only gave a part, they were struck dead on the spot for lying to the Holy Ghost.

In the end, paying tithes is just an easy way to get around what it means to FORSAKE everything. Consider how Jesus commands all of His disciples to sell all and give it away:

Luke.12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms: provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Can you tell me? How is it that professing Christians dare to think that if they have paid tithes that they have met the requirement for true discipleship? Is it not just a way to avoid facing up to what it finally means to forsake all?

I would like to take a moment here to make sure that you understand me. I do not go about counting anyone else's money. Just because a man has the power to spend a lot of money doesn't mean that he hasn't given it all up for Christ. Once a man has forsaken everything for Christ, the Lord may decide to make that man a steward over His money. A man who is continuously forsaking all may also be continuously prospered. This question: Have you given up everything for Christ? Can only be answered by you and Christ. I make no judgements in the matter based on how prosperous someone else is. It's none of my business to judge how much money the Lord gives another man. It's none of your business either. What is your business, is to settle up with Our Lord about your own life, and your own money. If you lie to yourself about what is required to be the Lord's disciple, He knows. SO DO YOU!

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Happy Sunday Mod...

lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2017
okay

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by joe4real12: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2017
Greedy so called "men of God" will not be happy with this truth.

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2017
Abi ooo my brother... undecided cry

joe4real12:
Greedy so called "men of God" will not be happy with this truth.

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 12, 2017
Where are these Mods self, dem still dey church?

Please FP things, the public must be enlightened! grin
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
I believe in tithing not because its a sin not to tithe nor will u go to hell if u dont tithe.
It is a personal thing to me.
I tell God watever u give in a month i will give u one tenth of it, so if u want me to give u more, bless me more. Also since i sponsor ur works with ten percent of my earnings i know u wont allow anything bad happen to my source of income.
Its a personal decision if u believe in it do it but if u dnt believe in it dont do it. Its not a pre requisite to make heaven every pastor will tell u dat.
If u dnt believe in tithing pls stop criticizing it d way u do, as a Christian its very wrong to criticize some pastors d way u do no matter wat. IF they claim they have d anointing pls respect d anointing even if they dnt actually have it. It will make d annointing work for u

Pls dnt qoute me if u believe u came from a big bang or if u slap ur head on d ground 5 times because am not referring to u
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hey please, you dont criticize when you tell people the truth, and by the way you are even the one criticizing here ooo...
I'm so founded on the fact that the indoctrination of tithe payment by majority of men of God is not biblical, Tithe is never a doctrine.
I fellowship with DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH, but I'm never gullible, why? because I spare my personal time to study and balance up the scriptures, I give to the poor, I wash the disciples' feet, those were what Christ Commanded in His Word.
Thanks!!!

damagepbuh:
I believe in tithing not because its a sin not to tithe nor will u go to hell if u dont tithe.
It is a personal thing to me.
I tell God watever u give in a month i will give u one tenth of it, so if u want me to give u more, bless me more. Also since i sponsor ur works with ten percent of my earnings i know u wont allow anything bad happen to my source of income.
Its a personal decision if u believe in it do it but if u dnt believe in it dont do it. Its not a pre requisite to make heaven every pastor will tell u dat.
If u dnt believe in tithing pls stop criticizing it d way u do, as a Christian its very wrong to criticize some pastors d way u do no matter wat. IF they claim they have d anointing pls respect d anointing even if they dnt actually have it. It will make d annointing work for u

Pls dnt qoute me if u believe u came from a big bang or if u slap ur head on d ground 5 times because am not referring to u

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Hey please, you dont criticize when you tell people the truth, and by the way you are even the one criticizing here ooo...
I'm so founded on the fact that the indoctrination of tithe payment by majority of men of God is not biblical, Tithe is never a doctrine.
I fellowship with DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH, but I'm never gullible, why? because I spare my personal time to study and balance up the scriptures, I give to the poor, I wash the disciples' feet, those were what Christ Commanded in His Word.
Thanks!!!

My brother all dat u do is good and its ur personal decision with God. I hate Deeeper life doctrine with passion but i rush to defend Pst Kumuyi wenever he is criticized because i know he has his own ministry given to him by God. His ministry is dat of holiness but some pastors were given d ministry of prosperity, healing, deliverance etc. They are all from God.
Dnt call me gullible bro. because u dnt know d level i operate and its immature of u to question a personal decision i made with my God not in view of wat any pastor said.
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
Listen up fellow, and dont allow pride,
Even a Professor at one point or the other can be so myopic in his dealings,
Understand that Church name wont take you to Heaven, I am a Christian because I AM SAVED BY GRACE

damagepbuh:

My brother all dat u do is good and its ur personal decision with God. I hate Deeeper life doctrine with passion but i rush to defend Pst Kumuyi wenever he is criticized because i know he has his own ministry given to him by God. His ministry is dat of holiness but some pastors were given d ministry of prosperity, healing, deliverance etc. They are all from God.
Dnt call me gullible bro. because u dnt know d level i operate and its immature of u to question a personal decision i made with my God not in view of wat any pastor said.

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Listen up fellow, and dont allow pride,
Even a Professor at one point or the other can be so myopic in his dealings,
Understand that Church name wont take you to Heaven, I am a Christian because I AM SAVED BY GRACE

I was referring to d guy who mentioned Deeper life or did u hear me call d name of my church?
For u to question my relationship with God means u re d one being pompous because u think u know it all.
All i said is dat i had an agreement with God to give him 10% of my earning. Its my personal spiritual life and it works for me.
If u choose to pay tithe or not its ur personal spiritual decision. If it works for stick to it and stop running around criticizing others and calling people whose opinion dont align wit u as myopic

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by ITbomb(m): 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
What I have come to understand about tithe is that, if it works for you then by all means continue doing it.

Personally, it doesn't work for me but I don't condemn those who are paying tithe and benefiting from it.

I found out that I am more blessed by giving to the needy (not necessarily the poor) than paying tithe so I stopped paying tithe and focused my efforts in improving the lives of people around me. I have more peace of mind
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by MuttleyLaff: 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:
It is a personal thing to me
People don't pour new wine into old wineskins.
If they do, the wine will make the skins burst, and both the wine and the skins will be ruined.
Rather, new wine is to be poured into fresh skins.

- Mark 2:22

Apart from departing from the obsolete command of tithing and the proper way of tithing, you're actually putting new wine into an old wineskin

damagepbuh:
I tell God watever u give in a month i will give u one tenth of it, so if u want me to give u more, bless me more. Also since i sponsor ur works with ten percent of my earnings i know u wont allow anything bad happen to my source of income
There is no need to bargain with God like this
Negotiating terms and conditions with God, in this manner, is of a Jacob spirit
God is content with whatever you decide in your heart, as & when you yield to a prompt in the spirit or move of the spirit to give

damagepbuh:
Its a personal decision if u believe in it do it but if u dnt believe in it dont do it.
Its not a pre requisite to make heaven every pastor will tell u dat.
If u dnt believe in tithing pls stop criticizing it d way u do, as a Christian its very wrong to criticize some pastors d way u do no matter wat
The scribes and pharisee were criticised
People were not only given warnings about the scribes but were told of antics the scribes get up to

damagepbuh:
IF they claim they have d anointing pls respect d anointing even if they dnt actually have it.
It will make d annointing work for u
Respect is something earned and not something just like that, given.
Respect is for those who deserve and not for those who demand it or on whose behalf it is demanded
Irony? How can an anointing that is non-existent on someone, work for you or anyone
They can be given courtsey but they can't gain respect by requesting it.

Respect, honesty, trust and truth is good and important
but betrayal of any one of them is to lose all
and that, after betrayal of truth, is the position most ''pastors'' find themselves in (i.e. lose respect)

damagepbuh:
Big bang or slap head on ground 5 times dont apply to moi

2 Likes

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
Fine... grin

damagepbuh:

I was referring to d guy who mentioned Deeper life or did u hear me call d name of my church?
For u to question my relationship with God means u re d one being pompous because u think u know it all.
All i said is dat i had an agreement with God to give him 10% of my earning. Its my personal spiritual life and it works for me.
If u choose to pay tithe or not its ur personal spiritual decision. If it works for stick to it and stop running around criticizing others and calling people whose opinion dont align wit u as myopic
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
I appreciate that beloved!
I agree with you sir...

ITbomb:
What I have come to understand about tithe is that, if it works for you then by all means continue doing it.

Personally, it doesn't work for me but I don't condemn those who are paying tithe and benefiting from it.

I found out that I am more blessed by giving to the needy (not necessarily the poor) than paying tithe so I stopped paying tithe and focused my efforts in improving the lives of people around me. I have more peace of mind
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Accolade!!!

MuttleyLaff:
If they do, the wine will make the skins burst, and both the wine and the skins will be ruined.

Apart from departing from the obsolete command of tithing and the proper way of tithing, you're actually putting new wine into an old wineskin

God is content with whatever you decide in your heart, as & when you yield to a prompt in the spirit or move of the spirit to give

Respect is for those who deserve and not for those who demand it or on whose behalf it is demanded
Irony? How can an anointing that is non-existent on someone, work for you or anyone

and that, after betrayal of truth, is the position most ''pastors'' find themselves in (i.e. lose respect)

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

People were not only given warnings about the scribes but were told of antics the scribes get up to

I appreciate ur criticism.
Ok let me stop calling it tithe let me say I give 10% of my income to d work of God. I hope dat is not a new wine in an old bottle.
I negotiate with my God. Hannah negotiated with God, Jabez did it, Jehoshephat did it, hezekiah did it, God told d israelites"come let us reason together". D saprophoenician woman negotiated with Jesus she didnt just take Jesus' answer when Jesus told her dat u cant give d food for the children to the dogs. Yes i negotiate with my God wen i render argumentative prayers.
On whether to respect d annointed or not.
I go by the words of the high priest Ceiphas he said"leave the apostles alone, if their works be not of God, it will surely fail, but if it is of God then we might be fighting God. They said they are annointed and as long as their works has not failed, they still preach d gospel, heal d sick, give and support d poor, lead people to christ i will always respect the annointing in dem. Until their works fail
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
ITbomb:

Wat u said is still in my line of thought. If it doesn't work for u dnt do it. Its ok.
But paying 10% of my income to God doesn't prevent me from celebrating my birthday at d orphanage or feeding d street children at least once a month.
Bro its ur choice i like it wen u said u dnt critcize those dat tithe
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
If you understand what GRACE is all about, you will sheath your law-sword.

A believer in this dispensation talking about negotiation is fighting the air, what saved you is GRACE, not your negotiation ability.

#I'm Saved By Grace!

damagepbuh:

Ok let me stop calling it tithe let me say I give 10% of my income to d work of God. I hope dat is not a new wine in an old bottle.
I negotiate with my God. Hannah negotiated with God, Jabez did it, Jehoshephat did it, hezekiah did it, God told d israelites"come let us reason together". D saprophoenician woman negotiated with Jesus she didnt just take Jesus' answer when Jesus told her dat u cant give d food for the children to the dogs. Yes i negotiate with my God wen i render argumentative prayers.
I go by the words of the high priest Ceiphas he said"leave the apostles alone, if their works be not of God, it will surely fail, but if it is of God then we might be fighting God. They said they are annointed and as long as their works has not failed, they still preach d gospel, heal d sick, give and support d poor, lead people to christ i will always respect the annointing in dem. Until their works fail

1 Like

Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
UNIQUEISRAEL:
If you understand what GRACE is all about, you will sheath your law-sword.

A believer in this dispensation talking about negotiation is fighting the air, what saved you is GRACE, not your negotiation ability.

#I'm Saved By Grace!

Lol bro wen we enter grace matter u will call me a sinner because i follow wat Paul's view of grace so closely.
My ability to negotiate with God is grace itself. I mean how can i stand in d presece of the ALMIGHTY himself and demand anything if not by grace.
Is it a sin or law to tell God give me a job and i will use my salary to serve u. Or rather give me a child and i will ensure i dedicate him to ur service.
James was killed even with grace was at work, are u wiser dan d disciples who also knew dat even though grace was available but peter will also be killed if they dont labor in prayer.
My dear Everything i am today is God's grace.
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
That's Great,
I'm beginning to be interested in you now...

Grace Song...
Happy Sunday Sir.

damagepbuh:

Lol bro wen we enter grace matter u will call me a sinner because i follow wat Paul's view of grace so closely.
My ability to negotiate with God is grace itself. I mean how can i stand in d presece of the ALMIGHTY himself and demand anything if not by grace.
Is it a sin or law to tell God give me a job and i will use my salary to serve u. Or rather give me a child and i will ensure i dedicate him to ur service.
James was killed even with grace was at work, are u wiser dan d disciples who also knew dat even though grace was available but peter will also be killed if they dont labor in prayer.
My dear Everything i am today is God's grace.
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
Paul said all things are acceptable but i will not eat meat if it causes my neighbor to go astray.
Wen christians come up with various criticisms of some doctrines ask urself "does it encourage an unbeliever to come to christ or does it rather push dem away.
Unknown to some of u some of these criticisms are raised by Muslims and atheists to draw people away from the church, and surprisingly Christians come to support dem to accomplish their goals.
When are we going to preach d gospel we believe and wim souls and leave wat others believe. U guys think u are standing for d truth but unknown to u, u re Giving Muslims and atheists reason to rejoice because they will surely draw people away from christ by making dem confused
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by MuttleyLaff: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
damagepbuh:
Please dont get me wrong, criticisms, if any, are not levelled at you per se
rather it is levelled at those who should or ought to know better

damagepbuh:
Ok let me stop calling it tithe let me say I give 10% of my income to d work of God
When you stop calling it tithe, it is a good step in the right direction
and it's a good step in the right direction, especially because you've turned away from something everyone actually has been released from

damagepbuh:
I hope dat is not a new wine in an old bottle
Never mind that, you've done very well with this one small step, which happens to be a commendable one giant leap of no more seeing your giving as tithe
Slow and steady wins the race...
so one step at a time at unlearning to relearn
and learn about the law of the spirit, what it's all about and the implication of what this means to us or how it affects us

damagepbuh:
I negotiate with my God. Hannah negotiated with God, Jabez did it, Jehoshephat did it, Hezekiah did it
Hannah, Jabez, Jehoshephat and Hezekiah did not have the unique privilege you have and enjoy having today
Besides if negotiation failed, you dont need to resort to striking deals or bargaining with God like Hannah did

damagepbuh:
God told the Israelites "come let us reason together".
and what did God say BEFORE ''come let us reason together'' and AFTER ''come let us reason together''?
Was it not about worthless offerings and corruption?

damagepbuh:
The Syrophoenician woman negotiated with Jesus she didnt just take Jesus' answer when Jesus told her dat u cant give d food for the children to the dogs
She did not negotiate terms and conditions like your ''if u want me to give u more'' condition, and then ''bless me more'' terms
or your ''since i sponsor ur works with ten percent of my earnings i know u wont allow anything bad happen to my source of income'' psychological manipulation

damagepbuh:
Yes I negotiate with my God wen i render argumentative prayers
Now to the One being able to do exceedingly above all things that we ask or think, according to the power working in us
- Ephesians 3:20

I respect and understand that it is down to the present level of power working in you and of the amount of grace you've received

damagepbuh:
I go by the words of the high priest Ceiphas he said "leave the apostles alone, if their works be not of God, it will surely fail, but if it is of God then we might be fighting God. They said they are annointed and as long as their works has not failed, they still preach d gospel, heal d sick, give and support d poor, lead people to christ i will always respect the annointing in dem. Until their works fail
21It is not everyone that says to me, 'My Lord, my Lord'',
who enters the Kingdom of Heaven, but whoever does the will of my Father who is in Heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day,
'My Lord, my Lord, have we not prophesied in your name,
and in your name have cast out demons, and have done many mighty works in your name?'
23And then I will confess to them,
'I have never known you, remove yourselves far from me, you workers of evil.'

- Matthew 7:21-23

Beware of what it is being respected
Not all that glitters is gold.
and sometimes the grass appears green on the opposite side
because of the soak-away beneath it & because it's been fertilised with manure and not by anointing
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Please dont get me wrong, criticisms, if any, are not levelled at you per se
rather it is levelled at those who should or ought to know better

When you stop calling it tithe, it is a good step in the right direction
and it's a good step in the right direction, especially because you've turned away from something everyone actually has been released from

Never mind that, you've done very well with this one small step, which happens to be a commendable one giant leap of no more seeing your giving as tithe
Slow and steady wins the race...
so one step at a time at unlearning to relearn
and learn about the law of the spirit, what it's all about and the implication of what this means to us or how it affects us

Hannah, Jabez, Jehoshephat and Hezekiah did not have the unique privilege you have and enjoy having today
Besides if negotiation failed, you dont need to resort to striking deals or bargaining with God like Hannah did

and what did God say BEFORE ''come let us reason together'' and AFTER ''come let us reason together''?
Was it not about worthless offerings and corruption?

She did not negotiate terms and conditions like your ''if u want me to give u more'' condition, and then ''bless me more'' terms
or your ''since i sponsor ur works with ten percent of my earnings i know u wont allow anything bad happen to my source of income'' psychological manipulation

Now to the One being able to do exceedingly above all things that we ask or think, according to the power working in us
- Ephesians 3:20

I respect and understand that it is down to the present level of power working in you and of the amount of grace you've received

21It is not everyone that says to me, 'My Lord, my Lord'',
who enters the Kingdom of Heaven, but whoever does the will of my Father who is in Heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day,
'My Lord, my Lord, have we not prophesied in your name,
and in your name have cast out demons, and have done many mighty works in your name?'
23And then I will confess to them,
'I have never known you, remove yourselves far from me, you workers of evil.'

- Matthew 7:23

Beware of what it is being respected
Not all that glitters is gold.
and sometimes the grass appears green on the opposite side
because of the soak-away beneath it & because it's been fertilised with manure and not by anointing
Just for d sake of killing d argument i told u i drop d word tithe but in truth i am ardent believer of tithing but no argument will either change me or u
I will want to drop the argument but read my last post. And stop helping muslims and atheist achieve their aims of bringing up these posts. Instead of criticizing wat u dnt believe about Christianity, why dont u preach wat u believe and win souls. How will condenming tithing help win souls for God.
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by petra1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
TITHES AND OFFERINGS ARE ETERNAL PRINCIPLES

The church doesn't need a command to tithe it was already a principle in the kingdom of God . Just as other biblical principles such as prayer,fasting,worship, honoring your father and mother, alms to the poor etc . These principle existed before the law came .
TITHING EXISTED BEFORE THE LAW

Hebrews 7:6
But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

JESUS ENDORSED TITHING [/b]
Matthew 23:23 (NLT>
. . . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things

Matthew 22:21
. . . , Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

THE APOSTLES ENDORSED

It's through tithes and offerings the workers of the terbernacle and temple get their welfare . And the apostles used it as illustration here.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by owoleola: 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
I totally agree with the op,the way tithing is being advocated in the church nowadays is not good enough.....some may be well meaning though...the idea behind tithing is to finance the church,i mean, you just dont expect the building and other things attached to erect itself,also to care for the full time pastors,minister to the needs of the less privileged and things like that,not to acquire riches......the church makes it appear as if its a compulsory thing,i mean a do or die affair i.e when you dont give,then no open doors and stuffs like that and thereby making the innocent members give grudginly,i mean with fears of not prospering......giving should be don willingly from the heart.....also the church of God should encourage givers by actually using these funds appropriately......otherwise members will feel extorted
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by plainbibletruth: 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
petra1:

The church doesn't need a command to tithe it was already a principle in the kingdom of God . Just as other biblical principles such as prayer,fasting,worship, honoring your father and mother, alms to the poor etc . These principle existed before the law came .

But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

JESUS ENDORSED TITHING [/b]
Matthew 23:23 (NLT>

. . . , Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

THE APOSTLES ENDORSED

It's through tithes and offerings the workers of the terbernacle and temple get their welfare . And the apostles used it as illustration here.

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

CIRCUMCISION existed before the Law.
Does that make it an "eternal principle" : a phrase you still need to CLEARLY explain?
Is it the fact that an observance EXISTED before the Law that makes it applicable to the Church?
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by MuttleyLaff: 4:04am On Feb 13, 2017
damagepbuh:
Just for d sake of killing d argument i told u i drop d word tithe
but in truth i am ardent believer of tithing but no argument will either change me or you
Some people will never change partly because they are die-hards, and you just have to respect or accept that
but isnt it funny, how day by day, change is sometimes needed to better yourself
and that small changes can make a HUGE or BIG difference

One reason people resist change is either because they focus on filthy lucre
or because they focus on an illusion they have to give up,
instead of focusing on what they have to gain from submitting to the change

damagepbuh:
I will want to drop the argument
Never mind argument(s), because the remit, isn't to force or make you drink
but was just to show, point out the stream and as it were, lead to it's water.

damagepbuh:
but read my last post.
Your last post?
It was interesting reading how you use terms & conditions and psychological manipulation as bargaining chips when negotiating with God

damagepbuh:
And stop helping muslims and atheist achieve their aims of bringing up these posts.
Instead of criticizing what you dont believe about Christianity, why dont you preach wat u believe and win souls
Muslims and atheists are won over by bringing up posts such as these showing that tithing had stopped
but unfortunately continues to exist in the form of tithe money
because of the religious oligarchy and the tithe-marketeers promoting and selling tithe-money like a product to the gullible

damagepbuh:
How will condenming tithing help win souls for God
Which of the following represents the best way a person might react to an illusion like tithing money, created out of a false narrative or doctrine?
#1 criticise the person who perpetuates the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe?
#2 repeat the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe to someone else?
#3 get upset at the person exposing the illusion and making all aware of the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe?
#4 reinforce or cement the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe with another false narrative or another twisted scripture?

You need to read and take a proper close note of Matthew 7:21-23, if you really are worried about soul winning
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by MuttleyLaff: 4:04am On Feb 13, 2017
petra1:
The church doesn't need a command to tithe it was already a principle in the kingdom of God.
Just as other biblical principles such as prayer, fasting, worship, honoring your father and mother, alms to the poor etc.
These principle existed before the law came .

But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises

But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him

- John 4:23 KJV

Yes, accepted they are all eternal principles
but as you know and will accept, eternal principle pass eternal principle
different, different eternal principles nahin dey, eternal principles get categories
and just as the law of gravity is annihilated & rendered useless,
with no effect by the another eternal principle in the name of the the law of aerodynamics, which is better, stronger and superior
so are tithes & offering
and alms, replaced with cheerful giving done under no cajoling, done with no manipulation or twisting of scriptures
and God's true worshipers, importantly, dont just worship BUT must worship God in spirit and in truth.

petra1:
JESUS ENDORSED TITHING
Matthew 23:23 (NLT)
You're using a ''tail wagging the dog'' technique here
Meaning Matthew 23:23 was not about endorsing tithing but strongly is about a damning criticism of the Pharisees
and besides you have no witness scripture elsewhere that corroborates Jesus endorsing tithing

petra1:
Matthew 22:21 is talking of Caesar's tax and believers giving tithe
God is not interested in worthless tithe-money
God is content with whatever you decide without grudges or coercion to give

petra1:
THE APOSTLES ENDORSED

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Paul, is the only person, credited for 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 and not apostles. SMH.

It needs made known that, 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is a syncrisis, which incidentally is also known as synkrisis,
written as a figure of speech in which opposite things (i.e. ''the altar & temple'' and ''the gospel'') were compared

The former (i.e. who work in the the altar & serve in the temple) live off tithe and offering,
whilst the latter (i.e. who preach the gospel) live off financial/material collections & donations benefactors' have decided in their hearts to give
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Some people will never change partly because they are die-hards, and you just have to respect or accept that
but isnt it funny, how day by day, change is sometimes needed to better yourself
and that small changes can make a HUGE or BIG difference

One reason people resist change is either because they focus on filthy lucre
or because they focus on an illusion they have to give up,
instead of focusing on what they have to gain from submitting to the change

Never mind argument(s), because the remit, isn't to force or make you drink
but was just to show, point out the stream and as it were, lead to it's water.

Your last post?
It was interesting reading how you use terms & conditions and psychological manipulation as bargaining chips when negotiating with God

Muslims and atheists are won over by bringing up posts such as these showing that tithing had stopped
but unfortunately continues to exist in the form of tithe money
because of the religious oligarchy and the tithe-marketeers promoting and selling tithe-money like a product to the gullible

Which of the following represents the best way a person might react to an illusion like tithing money, created out of a false narrative or doctrine?
#1 criticise the person who perpetuates the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe?
#2 repeat the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe to someone else?
#3 get upset at the person exposing the illusion and making all aware of the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe?
#4 reinforce or cement the illusion, the false narrative and doctrine on money tithe with another false narrative or another twisted scripture?

You need to read and take a proper close note of Matthew 7:21-23, if you really are worried about soul winning

As i said before most monikers behind these posts are Muslims and atheists and their mission is to set christians up against themselves. If u want to win over Muslims and unbelievers preach d love of christ and not criticism. Dats wat d apostles did. People has been discouraged from going to church all because of all these criticism. And d best way d devil can get u to backslide is to isolate u from d gathering of d saints.
People who pay tithe pay tithe because they believe it secures their finance and if it doesnt work for dem they wont continue. No pastor and i repeat no pastor will ever preach pay ur tithe or go to hell.
Since tithe or no tithe is not a pre requisite to enter God's kingdom, its best to drop d matter and channel our strength to winning souls for Christ. I wont want to argue on tithe or no tithe i only tell people to develop a very close relationship with God, they will find answers to the questions that bother their mind
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by MuttleyLaff: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2017
damagepbuh:
As i said before most monikers behind these posts are Muslims and atheists and their mission is to set christians up against themselves.
If u want to win over Muslims and unbelievers preach d love of christ and not criticism. Dats wat d apostles did. People has been discouraged from going to church all because of all these criticism. And d best way d devil can get u to backslide is to isolate u from d gathering of d saints
FCOL Muslims and atheists setting christians up against themselves is unfounding
and are the least of the concerns of any believer standing on a strong foundation
but Ooookay ooo, I sure have stumbled into one abundantly funny side of Nairaland

damagepbuh:
People who pay tithe pay tithe because they believe it secures their finance and if it doesnt work for dem they wont continue.
Doesn't get more WTF than this.
What a very serious error in thinking that giving tithe secures anyones finance. SMH
There is a sucker born every minute, and that is what ridiculous and beautiful lies such as this rely on

damagepbuh:
No pastor and i repeat no pastor will ever preach pay ur tithe or go to hell
They in effect say, go to hell, when they preach, if you dont tithe, you cant marry in church, cant be ordained pastor or deacon(ness), and cant qualify for God's blessing

damagepbuh:
Since tithe or no tithe is not a pre requisite to enter God's kingdom, its best to drop d matter and channel our strength to winning souls for Christ. I wont want to argue on tithe or no tithe i only tell people to develop a very close relationship with God, they will find answers to the questions that bother their mind
If you arent worried over Matthew 7:21-23, I take it then, that you arent bothered of Matthew 8:12 either, which is about some sons of the kingdom being cast out into outer darkness: where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Such sons of the kingdom are the religious oligarchy and the tithe-marketeers promoting and selling tithe-money like a product to the gullible
Re: See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
FCOL Muslims and atheists setting christians up against themselves is unfounding
and are the least of the concerns of any believer standing on a strong foundation
but Ooookay ooo, I sure have stumbled into one abundantly funny side of Nairaland

Doesn't get more WTF than this.
What a very serious error in thinking that giving tithe secure anyones finance. SMH
There is a sucker born every minute, and that is what ridiculous and beautiful lies such as this rely on

They in effect say, go to hell, when they preach, if you dont tithe, you cant marry in church, cant be ordained pastor or deacon(ness), and cant qualify for God's blessing

If you arent worried over Matthew 7:21-23, I take it then, that you arent bothered of Matthew 8:12 either, which is about some sons of the kingdom being cast out into outer darkness: where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Such sons of the kingdom are the religious oligarchy and the tithe-marketeers promoting and selling tithe-money like a product to the gullible
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Storms His Hometown With His Private Jet For A Convention (photo) / T / Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.