Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers (465 Views)

We Did Not Invade Ekiti Government House - Police (photos) / Tambuwal, Okowa, Wike, Ibori Meet In Delta (Photos) / Court Freezes N350m Traced To Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers by ossaioviesucces(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
IBORI THANKSGIVING : WE DID NOT COLLECT N350m FROM OKOWA ....ORGANISERS

Organisers of Ibori Freedom Thanksgiving Service Committee for former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori have denied the alleged donation of N350 million from the state government.

An online medium (not Tribune Online) had, on Friday, reported that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State had authorised the release of N350 million to fund the church thanksgiving service and reception holding Sunday, February 12 at First Baptist Church, Ogharefe, the country home of Ibori.

Speaking to Tribune Online on the alleged N350m largess from the state government, Publicity Secretary of the Ibori’s Freedom Thanksgiving Service Committee, Chief Henry Ofa, described the report as false and a deliberate attempt to malign Ibori as well as drag the name of Okowa and his government into disrepute.
According to him, “there is nothing like that and the state government has no role to play in the event.”

“I laughed when I read the report. Who received the N350 million? To be specific, the entire process of the thanksgiving service costs less than N3 million and the whole fund is being sourced internally.
It is neither being funded by the state government nor Ibori, it is the community members who are sponsoring the thanksgiving service.
There is no arrangement for an after service reception. So, for anyone to cook up such cheap lies, I think it is most unfortunate,” Ofa, who was a former commissioner of DESOPADEC, stated.

This is the first ceremony I have seen that people are willing to attend without being invited

We don’t need millions of Naira to thank God; the event is not about food but about God’s word.

The Thanksgiving held today at the First Baptist Church, Ogharefe, Delta State.

Re: Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers by Danzakidakura(m): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
APC and lies, lair Mohammed must have started that rumor.
Re: Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers by ZirdoRoray(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
Thanks for exposing yourselves. EFFC and DSS are coming for you
Re: Ibori Thanksgiving : We Did Not Collect N350m From Okowa ....organisers by Gfish: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Do these people even know that this man pleaded guilty to have stolen billions of naira from them......and yet he is not willing to spend a dime from his loot on his own thanksgiving. Well it is left to God to forgive him and for me to continue to shout that he is a common thief.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: I Remain Authentic Chairman, Makarfi Is ‘counterfeit’ – Sheriff / When Anambra Governorship Election Hold? / APC Asking Nigerians To Give Them A Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.