Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Re: Grace Is Our Teacher And Not The Ten Commandment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Grace Is Our Teacher And Not The Ten Commandment (347 Views)

How Does The Death Of Christ And The Ten Commandment Concerns Nigeria / Grace Is Not Enough / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Grace Is Our Teacher And Not The Ten Commandment by luvmijeje(f): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
A thread was recently opened on the above topic and below is the link.. ..
https://www.nairaland.com/3623514/grace-teacher-not-ten-commandments
I'm going to bring out a lot of misleading facts which was stated by the Author.

1. Telling people that they have to (by their own efforts) obey the law in order to be righteous will only produce more sin and cut them off from Christ

The above statement is an insult to God. The author is indirectly saying God, the all knowing God purposely gave man laws that can not be easily followed by men. Abeg what are the laws God gave that trouble men... ... .. Honour your parents.. .. .. .. Do not commit adultery.. .. .. .. Do not bow down to any other gods.. ... .. .. . Do not commit murder.. ... .. Do not steal etc

These are laws that are beneficial to even men, So saying God made a mistake in giving the law to men is wrong. Ist cor 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear

2.“When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.”
Excuse me? The law aroused these evil desire? The same book of Roman 7:7
What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.

Do you know that under grace that there are still some sin we are battling with as a Christian. In the same Roman 7:5 state that when we were in the flesh, the sinful passion were aroused. The flesh arouse sins and not the law.

Under the same law we have a lot of people who are obedience to these same law people find difficult to do. Daniel, Joshua, Job, David, and they are not prophets but they willingly to obey God's commandment. It differentiated them from others.

3.When the heart is transformed by the Spirit, people won't need anyone to give them rules and regulations before they live right. People won't need to be told to dress, talk and act in a manner that glorifies God before they do so. It will be their passion! They will not want to sin. They will comply with the Ten Commandments without even trying to obey it. They will love to talk about our wonderful Saviour Jesus.

Funnily enough this is the part that I'm supposed to agree with 100% but mbanu. John 16:13

However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come.

The spirit is your guidance meaning if you are not willingly and obedience to do the leading of the spirit, he can't force you. The decision to move the spirit is still on you.
In the same book of John 14:12
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you

The spirit will teach you all things meaning if you are not willingly and ready to obey his teachings, he can't force you.

In conclusion, as it's in the olden days and so it's now if you're not ready to be obedience and humble enough to do his will, sin we always have all round way with you. Romney 6:1 Can we continue in sin and still expect grace to abound.
Re: Re: Grace Is Our Teacher And Not The Ten Commandment by iliyande(m): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
We only try to follow the commandments, but none is perfect before God.

God choses whom to give grace, so we do our own part by following His commandments and pray for his grace to follow us.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Master Piece (image) / Ignorance In Christianity Today That People Fail To Understand / As A Christian, Describe The Person Of Christ In One Sentence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.