Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Governor Of Lagos State 2007! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Of Lagos State 2007! (3531 Views)

MY SON WILL BECOME THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE ..bukola saraki(PHOTOS) / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu / Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Of Lagos State 2007! by KORO2007: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2007
Now the heat is on in Lagos State, all major poltical figures have found a way to enter race. The canditates being Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro (PDP), Babatude Fashola SAN (AC), Deputy Governor Femi Pedro (LP), Jimi Abgaje (DPA), and Sen. Tokunbo Afikuyomi (ANPP).

It is obvious that I support the candidacy of Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, but as this is a democracy, I wanted to create a medium where people can talk and critic all candidates. I'll speak only on Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro as he's the only candidate I know is capable of doing the job.

Born and raised in Isale Eko, Sen. Obanikoro from birth as had geniune love for Lagos State. He attended the St. Patrick primary school, Ansa r 'deen Secondary School and obtained a BSc. in Criminal Justice, and a Masters in Public Administration from Texas Southern University (USA). Concluding in the US in 1989, KORO moved back to Lagos and immediately entered into the game of politics. He contested in the 1990 Lagos Island Chairmanship race and won but he was disqualified for he was a new player in the game. Je was a member of the now defunct NRC. There he ran for the State Deputy Chairman in 1993 and won. The next election season the year 1997, he re-contested for the Lagos Island Chairmanship and again won. This time he was sworn in and way Mayor for 17 months. After the death of Abacha, the handover to Abubakar then finally to elections, instead of re-running for his Chairmanship position, he sort to do bigger things. He was approached by the Bola Tinubu camp, and he joined the successful campaign of Sen. Bola Tinubu. He was compensated with the position of Commissioner of Home Affairs and Culture.

It was at this position, KORO's popularity rose. He was the most popular Commissioner in the State at the time. At the end of the first term, Koro again wanted to aspire for bigger things. He wanted to run for Senate. At the disproval of his former boss Sen. Tinubu, he ran anyway. He defeated Sen. Tinubu's candidate woefully at the primaries. This is where things started getting sour between the Governor and Koro. He also defeated Dosumu with a landslide victory at the general elections, hence why he is a Senator today. As Senator, popularity started to rise again and as a man which vigorous ambition he started looking for how to progress. Now what other post can someone so popular who has held the positions of Council Chairman, State Deputy Chairman of a party, Commissioner, Senator run for besides the Governorship

As mentioned earlier, things got sour between the Senator the Tinubu on his decision to aspire to be better things in ilfe (i.e to become a Senator). Things fell apart when the Senator started differing on how to go about things as far as the relationship between Lagos State and the Federal Government was concerned. His abstainance on the vote of emergency for Obansanjo was the breaking point between to two. As a calculating and visionary politician, he said to himself its time to jump ship. As far as he was concerned (3 years ago), the AD ship was sinking. Hence why he crossed over to PDP. Only God knows what he would have been doing if he was still in the AD/AC Camp. May be he'll be trying to form his own party too,

So far he stands as a candidate who has contested many elections and has WON ALL. I don't see why this one in 2007 is going to be any different. Out of all the candidates he olds the experience of all of them put together, he's too vigorous and energetic. These other candidates just can't keep up. I'll end by saying take the time to find out about Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, and you'll also fall in love with man. Ko si KORO Ko si IBO (No KORO No Votes). That slogan has been since 1997 due to the results of elections he contests in.

(1) (Reply)

21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% / Igbomina State Out Of Kwara State / The First Man To Enter The Moon Has Died At 82yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.