Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer (559 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer by Hiswordxray(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
What is prayer? For too long I have been scared of answering this question. And this was because I have been experiencing a prayer life that is different from the one I see other Christian experience. So I concluded I know nothing about prayer, I even told myself I don't have a prayer life. I thought the kind of prayer life I had was wrong, I tried to be normal but the Spirit keep leading me to something different and I don't know how to do anything apart from the Spirit. Then one day I read a book by Watchman Nee. There he wrote something like; prayer is saying back to God what God is saying. That was it! That was what I was experiencing, so I wasn't the only one, I was not wrong. I would now share with you what I know praying to be.

Prayer is not just telling God something, God already knows what you want to say before you say it. You can't compare prayer with the way humans communicate. Prayer is not a communication because you are not giving God an information He doesn't already have. Prayer is not simply expressing what is in your heart, it is not telling God this or that. Yes, prayer is not a communication, it is a romance. I use the word romance because I can't find a better word to describe it. Prayer is worship; it is giving back to God what He is giving you. It is a vicious circle of reckless giving. It is this selfless out pour between man and the divine.

Prayer is saying back to God what God is saying. Praying is God pouring out Himself on you while you respond by pouring it back on Himself. We do not pray by searching our heart and desire and telling it to God. But we pray when we search God's heart and desire and tell it to Him. We wait on the Spirit and not just say whatever we like. This is because we are dead, we died in Christ. A dead person can't have desire, a dead person doesn't want anything. So we come wanting nothing, we come empty so that the Father can fill us.

You do not come with a request, you come with a desire for romance; an hunger for fellowship. And as you come empty the Father pours out His desire in you. You take that desire and express it to the Father, this causes the Father to pour more of His desire in you. And as you take this desire and express it to the Father, using words, He pours out even a greater measure. You respond again and this circle continues till you are drunk with the passion of God. You begin to feel not just His desire but His emotions and His thought. You experience this oneness with God as you are now thinking His thoughts, desiring His desire and feeling His emotions. Then you are ready to go out and do His will.

Prayer is where you collide with divinity as the whole of God invades you. It is a romance, as His whole being presses upon you, releasing Himself in you and causing you to give birth to life. It is where Christ gain ground in us and we become truly sons of God. The purpose of prayer is not to give God an information but to become one with God.

http://hiswordxray..com.ng/2017/02/prayer.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Prayer by Hiswordxray(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
Happy Sunday dear
Re: Prayer by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2017
Yes...prayer with the Lord is so vital.
It is there that one opens his vulnerability to the only One who can truly comfort, heal, and ultimately change him.

Apple1992

The book, "Steps to Christ," by E.G. White is a small powerful book on coming to or returning to Christ. When I say it's powerful...I mean it! I call it a "pint-sized powerhouse" book. It's not complex. It's simple...yet speaks to the soul. It helped me and I pray it will help you brother.
It's online...if you don't have access to a paper copy.

One of my most called out prayers to the Lord (and one of the many reasons I want to meet David in the Kingdom) is the following:

Psalm 51:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Be real & brutally honest with the Lord. Empty your heart to Him.Tell Him you want to return...but your heart loves the world.
Plead with Him to help you to love Him more than anything or anyone else.
Brother, I don't mean to be rude here, but you may want to start by changing your "Location"......
Make a step and show the Lord you truly are sincere...He already knows your heart.
But you must cry out to Him.
Praying for you brother.... smiley
Re: Prayer by ichuka(m): 1:13am On Apr 11, 2017
James5:17Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.
Effective prayer is the key to open/shutting of spiritual doors.
A man stood and prayed heavens was shut for 3.5years.(he literally shut the heavens drop the keys in his pocket and left)
A prayerful believer is confidence of his tomorow.
2.hes fearless in spiritual warfare.
3.hes well known by both Kingdoms(had a personal brother whenever he travels for program in another city spiritual elders/demons of the city use to confront him)
4.he always pray the mind of God.
5.he knows when his prayers has been answered
Re: Prayer by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2017
[quote author=MZLady39 post=55458695]Yes...prayer with the Lord is so vital.
It is there that one opens his vulnerability to the only One who can truly comfort, heal, and ultimately change him.

Apple1992

The book, "Steps to Christ," by E.G. White is a small powerful book on coming to or returning to Christ. When I say it's powerful...I mean it! I call it a "pint-sized powerhouse" book. It's not complex. It's simple...yet speaks to the soul. It helped me and I pray it will help you brother.
It's online...if you don't have access to a paper copy.

One of my most called out prayers to the Lord (and one of the many reasons I want to meet David in the Kingdom) is the following:

Psalm 51:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Be real & brutally honest with the Lord. Empty your heart to Him.Tell Him you want to return...but your heart loves the world.
Plead with Him to help you to love Him more than anything or anyone else.
Brother, I don't mean to be rude here, but you may want to start by changing your "Location"......
Make a step and show the Lord you truly are sincere...He already knows your heart.
But you must cry out to Him.
Praying for you brother.... smiley

Thank you so much sis, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Prayer by Hiswordxray(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: Prayer by Blabbermouth: 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hiswordxray:
What is prayer? For too long I have been scared of answering this question. And this was because I have been experiencing a prayer life that is different from the one I see other Christian experience. So I concluded I know nothing about prayer, I even told myself I don't have a prayer life. I thought the kind of prayer life I had was wrong, I tried to be normal but the Spirit keep leading me to something different and I don't know how to do anything apart from the Spirit. Then one day I read a book by Watchman Nee. There he wrote something like; prayer is saying back to God what God is saying. That was it! That was what I was experiencing, so I wasn't the only one, I was not wrong. I would now share with you what I know praying to be.

Prayer is not just telling God something, God already knows what you want to say before you say it. You can't compare prayer with the way humans communicate. Prayer is not a communication because you are not giving God an information He doesn't already have. Prayer is not simply expressing what is in your heart, it is not telling God this or that. Yes, prayer is not a communication, it is a romance. I use the word romance because I can't find a better word to describe it. Prayer is worship; it is giving back to God what He is giving you. It is a vicious circle of reckless giving. It is this selfless out pour between man and the divine.

Prayer is saying back to God what God is saying. Praying is God pouring out Himself on you while you respond by pouring it back on Himself. We do not pray by searching our heart and desire and telling it to God. But we pray when we search God's heart and desire and tell it to Him. We wait on the Spirit and not just say whatever we like. This is because we are dead, we died in Christ. A dead person can't have desire, a dead person doesn't want anything. So we come wanting nothing, we come empty so that the Father can fill us.

You do not come with a request, you come with a desire for romance; an hunger for fellowship. And as you come empty the Father pours out His desire in you. You take that desire and express it to the Father, this causes the Father to pour more of His desire in you. And as you take this desire and express it to the Father, using words, He pours out even a greater measure. You respond again and this circle continues till you are drunk with the passion of God. You begin to feel not just His desire but His emotions and His thought. You experience this oneness with God as you are now thinking His thoughts, desiring His desire and feeling His emotions. Then you are ready to go out and do His will.

Prayer is where you collide with divinity as the whole of God invades you. It is a romance, as His whole being presses upon you, releasing Himself in you and causing you to give birth to life. It is where Christ gain ground in us and we become truly sons of God. The purpose of prayer is not to give God an information but to become one with God.

http://hiswordxray..com.ng/2017/02/prayer.html?m=1
In a new thread, teach us to pray.
Re: Prayer by Hiswordxray(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2019
Blabbermouth:

In a new thread, teach us to pray.
I have written so much about prayer on my blog. Click this link below, the first few posts on the page are about prayer. I can assure you that you will be blessed by reading them.
https://www.hiswordxray.com/p/random-topics.html

(1) (Reply)

Worship With Pastor Chris At Christ Embassy Online Church / 10 Types Of Pastors You Will Find In Nigeria / Did God Lie To Adam & Eve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.