Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century (538 Views)

Nigeria May Go The Way Of Rwanda, Congo DR, Says Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by onlyme07(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
In the 21st century where everyone is expected to be knowledgeable about the reasons behind witchcraft. It becomes a sign of discomfort to the country and lots of non-governmental organizations are finding it extremely awful to tag a child who has one form of disability or another and a child that has deformity from birth.

The children's witchcraft broke out in Nigeria around the year 2000. Allegedly, a bewitched child recognizes that from an early age it is rude, lying, stealing and defying the adult. In the fishing port of the Nigerian city of Ibaka, witch children are said to have gathered together in packs, abandoned, ill and panicked fear of killer packs of vegetating boys and girls who feed on raw fish waste.

Six-year-old Uwe Okwang is in luck. At the last moment, he is rescued by a social worker from the charity "Child Right and Rehabilitation Network (CRARN)." Since 2003, the facility has provided protection to stigmatized children, consisting of houses and classrooms, telling children stories similar to those of Uwe The smallest is two years old, the oldest 15. Faces of many are destroyed by scars, they draw traces of knives, they were acid burned, burn marks cover their bodies, some lack phalanxes that their parents cut off to confess His father threw a nail in the skull of a thirteen-year-old girl

Last month, another case was reported of a girl in South East, Eastern Part precisely Nike in Enugu State who was banished from the village by her family for having a condition that has never occurred in the lineage of the family. She was sent packing at the tender age of 15years after all spiritual convention have been administered and there seems to no improvement. The girl was meant to take oath for cleansing which she refused because it can be an avenue to poison and kill her. In order not to make it a continuous lineage illness, the Oracle advised she leaves the village for ever and never to come back else, she would be killed and used for sacrifice.

From this point of view of the informers, witchcraft is the moral category of exclusion. The belief in witches is as much a pattern of explanation as solution strategy for problems that result from the disintegration of traditional political and social structures, orders and authorities. Magic and sorcery, therefore, reflect and characterize real social relationships and societal changes. In the African context, Christian prayers and church rituals serve primarily to protect oneself and others from demonic forces. Social conflicts can be visualized, verbalized, exacerbated and carried out when members of rival groups - militias, churches and cults - accuse each other of occult violence.

The alleged witchcraft claims are directed primarily against the powerful in their own community, against the underprivileged and against strangers outside of the vicinity. Many politicians consult spiritual experts to secure their careers. Ministers and presidents surround themselves with wizards and fortune tellers. Again and again it is to be heard that with ritual murders body parts of the victims are processed into magic remedies and potency-containing medicine

1 Like

Re: Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by yomi007k(m): 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
undecided

Bro I dnt mean to sound pessimistic but things may actually get worse.

Solution is actually individual because d general solution dt is meant to come from govt may only be a dream.

I knew Nigeria wud be in recession since 2012 n I have been planning ever since. I tried to warn some colleague s n friends but dey shoved me off....my personal investment n sacrifices r wat rejuvenate me till date....

Its a sad case tho. I wish I knew d solution.
Re: Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by limeta(f): 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
The way forward is backwards
retrace yr steps.
Re: Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by onlyme07(m): 2:13am On Feb 13, 2017
limeta:
The way forward is backwards
retrace yr steps.

Backward never,forward ever..!!!
Plan ahead.
Re: Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by limeta(f): 3:03am On Feb 13, 2017
onlyme07:

Backward never,forward ever..!!!
Plan ahead.

Going back to the drawing board is fault finding.
Nigeria is on the wrong lane
Re: Menance of Witchcraft in the 21st Century by Dedetwo(m): 3:19am On Feb 13, 2017
Any action less than total disintegration of Nigeria shall be a waste of human endeavor. Nigerians are ignorant pretenders and pretense is a hallmark of insincerity.

(1) (Reply)

What I Discussed With President Buhari — Donald Trump / list of state and schools in the central region / Governor Fayose Picture Eating Amala At A Local Joint In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.