Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Development In Ikoyi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Development In Ikoyi (680 Views)

Recent Development In Banking Industry In Nigeria / Sponsors Needed For The Development Of First Ever User-friendly Cooker. with pix / Investors Needed In The Development Of Robochef 'cooking Robot' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
Hi:

Here are some inspirational pictures that you could look at. Will see you Mon or Tues.

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2009
And More

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by BSD: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2009
Very nice! How much?
Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 4:57pm On Dec 06, 2009
And More

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2009
What are you buying? LOl, I am posting these up for a client to look at to inspire their project. Kinda personal wink
Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2009
And more

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
Here's the rendering of the one that I developed for Ajah:

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2009
More Inspirational

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
And more
Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2009
More

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
okedoke, now we rolling!

I like the modern. Skip the trad ATL looking designs - tired. Spanish interesting, but a bit over the top.
Lets work on modifying the modern.

I have re-attached 2 of ur pix for emphasis, and 2 others I like.

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
1. We got the rooftop garden going.
2. De-emphasize the glass
3. Add depth and dimension.
4. Groups of 3/4, slightly offset so not directly opposite one another in layout. Hate the thought of looking in someone elses bedroom from my rooftop.

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
another.

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
See the other has the rooftop, but also has a balcony. thats hot.

Typical layout:
FIRST FLR: open floor plan includes kitchen, DR, LR, access to rear Zen garden and parking. Beautiful kitchen with island in neutral tones and gorgeous glass tiles. SECOND FLR: guest rm w/ reading nook, office/den/study, large bedroom w/ great natural light, contemporary bath. THIRD FLR: Fourth bedroom and huge master suite; master bath features chromotherapy whirlpool tub, glass shower, and electric sink. Finished lower level can be au pair or in-law suite featuring full bath, laundry, and endless (!) storage; or spacious home theater or family room.

Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: The Development In Ikoyi by zinaLPF: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: The Development In Ikoyi by larez(m): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2009
What was known as modern in the 70s now sticks out like sore thumbs. But the traditional appeal that you call Atlanta style has proven to stay everlasting. When properly done, it stays timeless. However, the DC Solar home you pointed to is a very nice one. However, Solar in Nigeria makes sense only on the electric generation sense. An exception may be in using it to heat water which can also be converted to electric energy.

The challenge with your project is in the size of the Land for the number of Units desired. Keep in mind that there are certain requirements that will need to be met as well. Such as adequate parking that will cover the needs of all the units involved. A Recreation area will also be necessary to help tie the units into a community.

After poring over these and many sketches later, a couple of schemes were developed and the site survey was scaled to within 10 m2 of what is shown as the area size. This is where everything starts. A comprehensive and viable circulation pattern that works well with the fact that this development has garages.

There are some considerations that you have not made that will be apparent once you see things laid out to scale. As always said; "A picture speaks a thousand words. Will not post it here for obvious reasons, but I am sure you will concur on the scheme when you see it. The other one requires more space than the Land allows. Call me when you're ready.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Real Buyer I Jst Got Into Oil And Gas / Do You Want To Be Rich? / Five Important Tips You Must Know Before Starting A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.