Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements (23725 Views)

Blackface Sues Wizkid And Banky W For Copyright Infringement / Court Fines Clarence Peters N5million For Copyright Infringment / Onyeka Onwenu Sued Iroking For N205 Million For Copyright Infringement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by damiloladuke: 8:11am On Feb 13, 2017
Nigerian music legend, Majek Fashek is set to drag Timi Dakolo to court . His manager, Uzoma Day Omenka, said they would be suing Timi Dakolo for using Majek’s all time hit, ‘Send down the rain’ without authorization.

He said before the end of March after their return from a trip to the United Kingdom, they would file the suit unless Dakolo can provide proof of authorization by any representative of Majek.

“We are not taking this case lightly. We are just awaiting the arrival of our solicitors from the U.S., and the UK then we will hit the courts. For crying out loud, this guy is making money from itunes and he did what he did because he thinks in Nigeria, anything goes. If he can prove as he claimed that he paid for the use of the song and he can show concrete proof of it then he will go free, but if not, we will definitely meet in court.”

When the manager visited Vanguard in January 2017 with Majek Fashek, he expressed his anger with Timi Dakolo’s lack of respect toward the veteran musician, saying,
“Timi remixed the song without the knowledge of Majek Fashek, during that period that I was in the US. When I came back I heard the song on iTunes where people were downloading it and they were making money, I was surprised. As a sign of respect he would have come to meet the legend because the song is not an ordinary song.

When we asked Timi what happened, he said he spoke with the manager. I was now asking, who is the manager? Am I not the manager and didn’t he speak with me? People started saying all kinds of things thinking I knew something about the it.”
When Majek himself was asked about the issue he playfully referred us to his manager with a shrug, “Well, I don’t want to talk about young artistes, he is a kid. Let my manager speak on that.”

In 2016, Timi took to his Instagram page to react to the accusation.He said,
“My people, it saddens me to see such. I always try to do things rightly and lawfully,” Dakolo, who is also a judge on The Voice Nigeria, said in an Instagram post.”

“I paid his manager to remake the song, I got my invoice, I even mentioned to him during our rehearsals at the Headies. So, honestly I don’t understand this write-up.”

“Oga Majek Fashek. I respect and love you. Your voice gives life to lyrics. You are one of the best musicians I know. God bless you.”

[img]https://1.bp..com/--fJ7HBFK5zs/WKFA62cLvTI/AAAAAAADcW4/NoDUL06AnHcglCF047qNl75RBFSg89gggCLcB/s640/Untitled.png[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/02/majek-fashek-to-sue-timi-dakolo-for.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by damiloladuke: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Kingstel(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2017
People looking for any means to make it in this harsh economy. undecided

See LUXURY & EXCLUSIVE stories you have NEVER read anywhere before @ [url]Vineck.com[/url] wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Inspectorsuga(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Brown14: 8:18am On Feb 13, 2017
100million? How much is Timi worth altogether?

52 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by mr1759: 8:23am On Feb 13, 2017
how can someone steal song

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by brightballer(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2017
I don't believe this. I should take this for publicity stunt for the Rainmaker.

During the Headies, the duo performed together and I believe, as pointed out by Timi, he must have seen Majek's team.

They should just settle this amicably cos me I like dem two oo.

20 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Turks: 9:11am On Feb 13, 2017
Baba is still sick cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by veekid(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2017
Lobatan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Turks: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2017
PAUSE
mr1759:
how can someone still song

12 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by tym92(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2017
meanwhile...

18 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by chudidonas(m): 9:13am On Feb 13, 2017
See gobe
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by TVTKOKO(m): 9:13am On Feb 13, 2017
Abeg this guy dun dey find werrin go giv am money this recession Lmao

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by ALAYORMII: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2017
Egbon is looking for quick money

3 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Chanchit: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2017
Someone is definitely not advising Majek well enough.
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by NameChecker: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2017
ok
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Aburi001: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2017
WEED is a bastard.....

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by kachi19: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2017
see as dem de vex like MMM customers. kilode?? 100mil na so d recession don bit una.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Karlman: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
hardly anything original

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by freeborn76(m): 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
Majek should be grateful to the likes of Tuface and Timi Dakolo for keeping his songs alive despite the fact that he almost went comatose...If Bob Marley's family decide to sue all those who remixed the legend's songs in one way or the other, there wouldn't be courts enough to try the cases. Majek should shut the bleep up!

12 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
100 million ? Majek fashek wan buy 2017 range rover like davido grin,make timi go meet am beg am,fit sort am small money and buy am small grass make him smoke

6 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by YesNo(m): 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
Majek wetin naw
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Shortyy(f): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2017
Rubbish. If that song wasn't a hit, would you even bother suing him? Tsk tsk tsk.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 13, 2017
Omenka is that our own here on NL?

U done hama

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by MrGreenMavro: 9:17am On Feb 13, 2017
wink
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by Factfinder1(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2017
How many Nigerian musicians genuinly owns 100million naira

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by daveP(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2017
From Timi's tone in that post,and Majek's shrug, it seems they have some agreement which wasn't met by Timi.

How much is Timi worth altogether?

Is this a bad month for Nigerian artists with letter 'T'

Tekno get prepared.... Tubaba, Timi,....

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by AngelicBeing: 9:18am On Feb 13, 2017
Brown14:
100million? How much is Timi worth altogether?
Good question, Majek an his crew are looking for cash to survive wink
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by ekanDamie: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2017
majek wey don broke dey find money
Re: Majek Fashek To Sue Timi Dakolo For N100 Million For Copyright Infringements by SweetJoystick(m): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2017
See person wey dey help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Classy And Superstar Actress Genevieve Nnaji Dazzles In New Photos / A Man Can Cheat And Still Love His Partner, Not The One He Cheated With - Frank / New Pictures Of Chidimma And Chidiebere Aneke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.