Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) (905 Views)

South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians / Armed Robbers Blow Up Bullion Van Loaded With Cash In Johannesburg (Pics, Video / South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by Towncrier247: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
Residents of Rosettenville in Johannesburg on Saturday, February 11, went on a rampage burning 10 houses they allege belonged to Nigerians running drug dens and brothels in South Africa.

According to the angry residents, they said Nigerians have been running illegitimate businesses in the country.

Speaking to Sowetan Live, Albert Mwenza, a Malawian man and his family who were living at one of the buildings that were burnt narrated his ordeal.

'When a larger group came back, I was told to leave, but I refused. I was then forced out. Some of the people jumped over the wall into the house and stole our belongings.

'They then threw petrol bombs. Everything else that was left inside was burnt to ashes. I am sad because we are innocent and have nothing to do with drugs and brothels.'

Albert and his family are said to sleeping in the street of Johannesburg since the occurrence of the incident.

Another Malawian living in the house said he was at work when the commotion started. Yufusu Alie, 32, shared the bedroom with his wife and four young children.

'There was R24000 in the house which I was supposed to send home. I do not know what my family and I are going to do. We have not eaten since yesterday and the clothes we are wearing are the only clothes we have left,' Alie said.

It was however revealed that the South African Police Service SAPS is investigating the incident.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/02/south-africans-burn-nigerian-homes-in.html

Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by Towncrier247: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
Na wa o
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by thesicilian: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2017
Again?
What are Nigerians even doing in South Africa? How can anyone looking for a greener pasture go to South Africa?!
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by Timbi: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
?
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by LeSudAfricaine: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2017
thesicilian:
Again?
What are Nigerians even doing in South Africa? How can anyone looking for a greener pasture go to South Africa?!
oh give us a break. Nigerians go to worse places
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
naija prostitute are found in countries like Pakistan....yeah you heard right:PAKISTAN
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by thesicilian: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
What's it with you guys and Nigerians that you always have to take out your frustrations on our people?
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by LeSudAfricaine: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2017
thesicilian:

What's it with you guys and Nigerians that you always have to take out your frustrations on our people?
what is it with you guys with leaving a trail of destruction wherever you set foot?
Re: South Africans Burn Nigerian Homes In Johannesburg (photos) by thesicilian: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
what is it with you guys with leaving a trail of destruction wherever you set foot?
Destruction? What destruction? Please enlighten me.

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Beaten And Paraded N@ked For Plantain Theft (photo) / Scam Alert.. Sunday Alagbe Of Juneberry And Primrose Clothing, Instagram Scammer / Police Officer Kills ‘yahoo Boy’ After Pocketing Parts Of N8 Million Booty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.