Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? (748 Views)

Will Ebola Victims Go To Hell When They Die? / Why Didn't Lazarus See The Visions Of Heaven And Hell When He Died ? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by MCLOVIN: 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2009
Remember the sabbath to keep it holy.
This pastor and many more say sunday worship is a sin. It is explained below

Click
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/sb4.html
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by viaro: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2009
Why is it a sin to worship on Sunday (or any other day for that matter)?
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by MCLOVIN: 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2009
Click the link to find out
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by mamagee3(f): 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
What the fuc.k is this poster talking about? shocked shocked
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by MCLOVIN: 11:46am On Dec 07, 2009
Im saying that xtian peeps will not make heaven if they keep disobeying God by going to Sunday worship rather than Saturday
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by viaro: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2009
@MCLOVIN, when I asked why it was a sin to worship on Sunday, you replied that I cliked on the link in your post to find out. I was familiar with that argument before I read through Jim Searcy's poorly crafted exegesis on that page.

Now, if that was your own idea or the one that you so cherish from Searcy, we might help relieve you of the wrong-footed argument on that page. A good place to start would be this: just outline what you think makes any good point in that article that makes you suppose that any Christian who worships on Sunday is going to hell. Do that, and I shall be here to discuss those points with you.
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by MCLOVIN: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
OK Vairo, o will do that in due course. But for the record, Are you Roman Catholic by any chance ?
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by viaro: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
That's great, I'm looking forward to it. And no, I'm not Roman Catholic, but a Baptist.
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by olabowale(m): 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2009
Viaro rests on Sundays. I have some Nigerian friends who shutdown from Sunset Friday to Sunset Saturday! Viaro, who is right between the two of you? Christianity is losing people of Christian Heaven to people of Christian Lake of Fire even before Jesus comes down to swoop them up in a single rapture!

No, Viaro?
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
@MCLOVIN
You need to realize that it's not up to you to decide who makes hell and who doesn't.

That being said, I think you guys are being religious about this sabbath thing.
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by mavenbox: 1:21am On Dec 08, 2009
It doesn't matter.

The MESSAGE

Mar 2:27 Then Jesus said, "The Sabbath was made to serve us; we weren't made to serve the Sabbath.
Mar 2:28 The Son of Man is no lackey to the Sabbath. He's in charge!"

King James

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Mar 2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

AMPLIFIED

Mar 2:27 And Jesus said to them, The Sabbath was made on account and for the sake of man, not man for the Sabbath; [Exod. 23:12; Deut. 5:14.]
Mar 2:28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by viaro: 2:24am On Dec 08, 2009
olabowale:

Viaro rests on Sundays. I have some Nigerian friends who shutdown from Sunset Friday to Sunset Saturday! Viaro, who is right between the two of you?

I don't know. undecided
But I know that olabowale's posts are voted as the most meaningless posts of the year! cheesy

Christianity is losing people of Christian Heaven to people of Christian Lake of Fire even before Jesus comes down to swoop them up in a single rapture!

That may be true on the surface, at least it is a relief to know it's unlike Islam where allah has made an irrevocable promise by decree to send all muslims to hell. Phew! that must be something, man! grin

No, Viaro?

I sometimes try to understand your tales, but just realised some other thing: which muslims among the more than 70 sects of Islam would make jannah (that is after being sent to hell fire by allah)? I hear it's not heaven you guys are going to, but a 'garden' where your muslim men can all chase 72 wide eyed virgins around rivers of liquor. tongue

Besides all this, has any Muslim woman thought of her role in that garden? Where's uplawal? How is she sure that allah would give her to Abuzola? grin
Re: Give a wrong Answer and Make Hell :When Is The Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday ? by mavenbox: 2:33am On Dec 08, 2009
viaro:

Besides all this, has any Muslim woman thought of her role in that garden?
O boy, I have thought of that a number of times. The woman's role in such a garden is scary o! shocked shocked shocked I mean, if similar to that of the guys, that would be very assaultive on each woman there, considering the bombardment of guys! angry
I'm sorry I speak in ignorance. Can a wise Muslim explain the answer to this conundrum?

(1) (Reply)

More On The Existence Of God / Sanctification / The Virtures Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.