Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday (38163 Views)

Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!!... / Happy Belated Birthday Phemour / Happy Belated Buffday Mayrho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 3:18am On Dec 07, 2009
Dear Mr Walt Disney,

Im so sorry that I could not wish you a Happy Birthday on your Birth date its because I was preparing for my step sister's wedding. A three days two night wedding for that matter.

I know on your birthday 5th December should be a very special moment for me because without Disney Land, there will be no hope and passion for me. . . EVER! cry cry

Love you so much Uncle Walt and I shall live by your dream for the rest of my life even if I have to neglect my family or force my bf to like you. . . . . . I will do so!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry

I wish you something, just can't remember,
Don't be upset, you're my family member.
It was clearly, on my mind,
With so many thoughts, it's hard to find.

Maybe it's simply not that essential,
Please lose that frown, you have so much potential.
On second thought, it might be coming back to me,
Now I know, why those brain pills were free.

Visions appear of colorful balloons,
In the background, I hear those fine tunes.
Near the end of the dream, I can taste a delicious cake,
It must be your birthday, as I awake.

Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 3:20am On Dec 07, 2009
Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur, entertainer, international icon and philanthropist. Disney is famous for his influence in the field of entertainment during the twentieth century. As the co-founder (with his brother Roy O. Disney) of Walt Disney Productions, Disney became one of the best-known motion picture producers in the world. The corporation he co-founded, now known as The Walt Disney Company, today has annual revenues of approximately U.S. $35 billion.

Disney is particularly noted for being a film producer and a popular showman, as well as an innovator in animation and theme park design. He and his staff created a number of the world's most famous fictional characters including Mickey Mouse. He received fifty-nine Academy Award nominations and won twenty-six Oscars, including a record four in one year,[2] giving him more awards and nominations than any other individual. He also won seven Emmy Awards. He is the namesake for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort theme parks in the United States, Japan, France, and China.

Disney died of lung cancer on December 15, 1966, a few years prior to the opening of his Walt Disney World Resort dream project in Florida.

Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 3:22am On Dec 07, 2009
1901–1937: The beginnings
Childhood

Walter Elias Disney was born on December 5, 1901 to Elias Disney, of Irish-Canadian descent, and Flora Call Disney, of German-American descent, in Chicago's Hermosa community area at 2156 N. Tripp Ave.[3][4] Walt Disney's ancestors had emigrated from Gowran, County Kilkenny in Ireland. Arundel Elias Disney, great-grandfather of Walt Disney, was born in Kilkenny, Ireland in 1801 and was a descendant of Hughes and his son Robert d'Isigny, originally of France but who travelled to England with William the Conqueror in 1066.[5]. The d'Isigny name became Anglicised as Disney and the family settled in the village now known as Norton Disney, south of the city of Lincoln, in the county of Lincolnshire.

His father Elias Disney moved from Huron County, Ontario to the United States in 1878, seeking first for gold in California but finally farming with his parents near Ellis, Kansas until 1884. He worked for Union Pacific Railroad and married Flora Call on January 1, 1888 in Acron, Florida. The family moved to Chicago, Illinois in 1890,[6] where his brother Robert lived.[6] For most of his early life, Robert helped Elias financially.[6] In 1906, when Walt was four, Elias and his family moved to a farm in Marceline, Missouri,[7] where his brother Roy had recently purchased farmland.[7] While in Marceline, Disney developed his love for drawing.[8] One of their neighbors, a retired doctor named "Doc" Sherwood, paid him to draw pictures of Sherwood's horse, Rupert.[8] He also developed his love for trains in Marceline, which owed its existence to the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway which ran through town. Walt would put his ear to the tracks in anticipation of the coming train.[4] Then he would look for his uncle, engineer Michael Martin, running the train.

The Disneys remained in Marceline for four years,[9] before moving to Kansas City in 1911.[10] There, Walt and his younger sister Ruth attended the Benton Grammar School where he met Walter Pfeiffer. The Pfeiffers were theatre aficionados, and introduced Walt to the world of vaudeville and motion pictures. Soon, Walt was spending more time at the Pfeiffers' than at home.[11] During this time he attended Saturday courses as a child at the Kansas City Art Institute [12]

Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by donjon: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
You really like this guy!
Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Epi: 12:24am On Dec 08, 2009
Nice thread Gabby. I think I speak for all of us when I say "We all have a Walt Disney moment in us" Right now, I am reminiscing about The Little Mermaid. Will be back with more of my favorite Walt Disney moments kiss
Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 1:38am On Dec 08, 2009
donjon:

You really like this guy!

Yes, he is my inspiration in life. Some people get annoyed that I act like a child but thats who I am and Im not going to change who I am. I love everything from the Fantasy World and I dream alot like dreams has never end or or any dream is possible when you believe it is! If I want to fly today to Neverland, I hsall make it come true for me. Its what makes me happy.  cheesy

Epi:

Nice thread Gabby.  I think I speak for all of us when I say "We all have a Walt Disney moment in us" Right now, I am reminiscing about The Little Mermaid.  Will be back with more of my favorite Walt Disney moments kiss

Awwwww. . . I love the Little Mermaid as well. It makes me love the sea alot. Parts of my room has mermaids on the walls. I make believe that my room is partly the Mermaid's hang out area but at the same time, my room has Fairies, Unicorns, Pony's. ,   Heheh!  grin  kiss

Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 1:40am On Dec 08, 2009
One of my favorites is Pocahontas especially when I was younger cause there was one stage I had really long black hair like Pocahontas. I use to climb trees with no slippers and I use to run in the woods (I once live next to the woods) wild and free pretending that I was Pocahontas. The best thing about being like her is that we both are Asians. grin And because I always play sports before, I get tan just like her skin tone colour. LOL! THose were the days. . .  cheesy

Re: Its My Lord's Birthday - Happy Belated Birthday by Gabry(f): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2009
Mr Walt Disney,

Will you grant me the hope and the strength and the dreams to open a theme park like yours one day and call it Mama Ngozi Land? cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Terrifying Moment Huge Screen Fell On Dancers During Concert In Hong Kong / Please Help!! Can 500K Be Enough To Plan A Wedding? / These Wedding Pictures Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.