Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Memories Of The Famous Five Series - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Memories Of The Famous Five Series (1482 Views)

‘Home Alone’ Is Coming Back In November - Share You Memories Of The Comedy Movie / Come Back To The Sweet Memories Of Harry Potter Series (pics) / John Hurt, The Famous Harry Potter Actor Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memories Of The Famous Five Series by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2017
Who remembers the Famous Five series of the 90s? I used to be so into it, a day without watching it means a boring day for me.

Who also remembers Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy their dog? George was actually a girl, her name was Georgina but she prefers to be called George.

She loved dressing and appearing as a tom-boy. Timmy (Timothy) her dog, was very faithful and loyal to her, he was smart and intelligent too!

In fact she liked it whenever anyone mistakes her to be a boy. It gave her so much joy to be called a boy!

It was aired only on NTA stations as there were no privately owned TV stations then. I loved it so much; I always looked forward to it after school every day.

Thanks to constant power supply, because nobody had anything to do with generator sets then, I also didn’t need to be scared power would go off half way into the series!

Maybe it was the fact that the actors were kids too that made it more interesting. I remembered it was always about the kids investigating or reporting a crime.

It was not until I grew up that I realized the novel (it was adapted from a novel) was written by Enid Blyton, the English author!

And that it was first published in 1942! When I thought as a kid, it was something new and current in the television world. It was set in a British country side.

I was like wow! I loved Enid books; I read a lot of those hard cover short novels made up of difference stories and fairy-tales (Enid loved fairy-tales!) who else read them?

To say it was worth watching as a kid is an understatement, if you didn’t watch Famous Five you really missed. I always tell kids around that there is no more educative and interesting children series.

Julian is the oldest of them all, while Anne is the youngest. There was a friend they had called Alf, he was a fisher boy I recall.

Then there was Jo, I can’t really remember much about her now. There was Joanna, the housekeeper at George’s home.

There was Aunt Fanny, George’s mum. She was aunty to Julian, dick and Anne. There was Quentin; Quentin was George’s father and uncle to those other three.

Wow, I can go on and on about the Famous Five. It was indeed very educative, and inspiring. I recall wishing I was there with them, going on all the wild adventures too!

While we watched Famous Five, another series called Secret Seven started showing. Do you remember that one too?

I have little or no memories about Secret Seven because; to me then, there was no other series worth watching. It was Famous Five or nothing!

These days, the children don’t have any meaningful or educative TV programmes to watch. They end up watching adult themed movies and soap operas.

If they are not watching that, they are playing computer games, which is totally destructive both morally and intellectually.

I hope that in the near future we get to see something like the Famous Five and Sesame Streets on our television stations again.

Famous Five was really good because the children were in all series exposing criminals and handing them over to the police, while still enjoying their adventures!

Source: http://www.chichiuncensored.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memories Of The Famous Five Series by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Good old Famous Five.

Used to collect the novels back in the early 1990's(I think I read 14 out of 21!)....very interesting, even though they were set way back.

Regarding the TV series...there were 3

1.The 1970's one...which the picture you have there comes from...and which can be seen on You tube by the way

Episode 1 here

2.The 1990's series...which was set in the time period the books were written.

3.The late 90's cartoon series Five on the case.

I doubt one can find the books easily in Nigeria these days......

There were 7-8 more Famous Five books written by a French author under licence from the Blyton Estate in the late 1970's (Read just one of them)

Other children series by Blyton: The Secret Seven, and the Five Find Outers and Dog.

I liked Enid Blyton....even if she was a bit ''conservative'' in her views.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of The Famous Five Series by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 14, 2017
Famous Five actors: Where they are now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K4Bcp6vePw

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch And Download Video: The Flash Season 3 Episode 17 (S03E17) – Duet / Your Favourite Tv Programme / Lancelot: Best Movie Director In Nollywood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.