Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars (28047 Views)

Range Rover And Mercedes C Class For Sale / BMW And Shell Unveils Future Hydrogen Refueling Station (photos) / Igbo Men And Mercedes Benz(must Have) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by AutoJoshNG: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
BMW and Mercedes-Benz are bitter German rivals that compete for luxury sales supremacy and for the satisfaction of building the most impressive car. In the pursuit to one-up each other, the two automakers actually build models that are remarkably similar.
Just take a look at the BMW X6 and the Mercedes GLE Coupe. It turns out that the similarities between these two automakers is not just a coincidence. The answer is, BMW and Mercedes cooperate to buy components for their vehicles.
BMW and Daimler first started cooperating in 2008 for components that aren’t “crucial to the brands” such as tires and seat frames. The partnership has gradually grown to more crucial components.

BMW purchasing head Markus Duesmann said
“It’s not been fully exploited; there are regular talks and we are discussing jointly purchasing more components,”
When talking about cooperating with Daimler to purchase components. Duesmann did not give any details of the plans, or how much each automaker could save by cooperating.
We always like to think that BMW and Mercedes are completely different, but maybe there isn’t as much separating the two brands as we once thought.

https://autojosh.com/see-why-bmw-and-mercedes-build-similar-cars/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
interesting

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by orjikuramo(m): 6:41am On Feb 21, 2017
Sorry, which would u rate as better.

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by omenkaLives(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2017
Bring our politics threads down to the fp already! angry
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 21, 2017
Same with Toyota and Honda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by MuyiRano(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2017
noted
meanwhile....
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers
be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and
you can sitll raed it wouthit any porbelm. Tihs is
bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,but the wrod as a wlohe. Lkie if u can raed
tihs

227 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by charles2468(m): 6:43am On Feb 21, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by fleps(m): 6:43am On Feb 21, 2017
Cooperate? Nice idea and a way to cut costs.
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by DrayZee: 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
orjikuramo:
Sorry, which would u rate as better.
Mercedes!
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by teebaxy(m): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
Mercedes-Benz any day any time, I remember one 0f 9nice songs.... Photo copy ko easy, BMW can never be like Mercedes Benz

3 Likes

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by point5: 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
German all the way...plz how much is Benz GLZ 550 AMG?...I need urgent answer..got to suprise my x at her up coming wedding nxt Saturday..

9 Likes

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by wayne4loan: 6:45am On Feb 21, 2017
BMW is better than benz cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by teebaxy(m): 6:45am On Feb 21, 2017
point5:
German all the way...plz how much is Benz GLZ 550 AMG?...I need urgent answer..got to suprise my x at her up coming wedding nxt Saturday..
15 million can u afford one?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Btruth: 6:47am On Feb 21, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Toyota and Honda kee?

Honda to me can never stand the durability of Toyota. Toyota is in a class of it's own.

5 Likes

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by whizbee(m): 6:48am On Feb 21, 2017
In my opinion, Benz always looks more attractive

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by DrayZee: 6:49am On Feb 21, 2017
wayne4loan:
BMW is better than benz cool
~$50000
Just about 24m...
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by samsam2019: 6:50am On Feb 21, 2017
Sorry. But me no see any similarities

2 Likes

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by wayne4loan: 6:54am On Feb 21, 2017
DrayZee:

~$50000
Just about 24m...
yea.. all becos of the high conversation rate , 10 yrs ago it would have been only 10 or 8 million naira

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2017
I reserve my comment till I order mine
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by baslone: 6:56am On Feb 21, 2017
teebaxy:
Mercedes-Benz any day any time, I remember one 0f 9nice songs.... Photo copy ko easy, BMW can never be like Mercedes Benz

Rather it's the other way round, the GLE coupe is a new introduction to Mercedes copying the X4 and the X6. BMW has always produced the X6 like forever!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by symbianDON(m): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2017
Btruth:
Toyota and Honda kee?

Honda to me can never stand the durability of Toyota. Toyota is in a class of it's own.
in what sense sir? Please educate me
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 21, 2017
Mercedes
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by lonelydora: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2017
Mercedes Mercedes Mercedes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Solmax(m): 7:02am On Feb 21, 2017
Love me a Benz

1 Like

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by lonelydora: 7:02am On Feb 21, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:

This thread is not for kiddies

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by electronicsbody: 7:04am On Feb 21, 2017
h
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by shockwave(m): 7:06am On Feb 21, 2017
MuyiRano:
noted
meanwhile....
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers
be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and
you can sitll raed it wouthit any porbelm. Tihs is
bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,but the wrod as a wlohe. Lkie if u can raed
tihs
U no well o... grin
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by franklingud(m): 7:22am On Feb 21, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Toyota and Honda?

Damn! Compare your village to London bro. Not Toyota to Honda.
Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by princefunmmy(m): 7:29am On Feb 21, 2017
My Love for the two car brands can't be better expressed than for me to own a Mercedes and my wife a BMW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars by Dottore: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2017
Honda doesn't stand a chance in reliability and durability when compared to Toyota.

The simplest proof is How many transporters uses Honda brands in their fleet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abandoned Vintage Mercedes Benz In Ibadan / Moaoun Designs An Audi R8 For Nigerian Roads (photos) / BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.