Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo (16787 Views)

Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / Burial Photos Of Taofeeq Oyerinde Fele, Oyo NURTW Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by skillzahblog(m): 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
The National Union of Road Transport Workers, Lagos Chapter, on Tuesday advised its members not to panic over the proposed ban on operations of yellow commercial buses.

The state Chairman of the union, Mr. Tajudeen Agbede, on Tuesday said that the union was discussing the proposed ban with the government, adding that the union was ready to cooperate with the state government on its mega city project.

Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode had on February 6 announced a plan to stop operations of yellow commercial buses popularly known as ‘danfo’ for a more efficient, well-structured and world-class mass transport system.

Ambode said that the well-structured transport system would ease movement within the state and make Lagos cleaner without burdening the people in terms of taxes.

And it seems the union aren't happy about that see more here
http://www.skillzah.com/2017/02/dont-panic-nurtw-tells-members-not-to-panic-over-proposed-danfo-bus-ban.html

1 Share

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
"And it seems the union aren't happy about that"...But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

After Lagos State Government in conjunction with Tinubu, LagBus operators have succeeded in raising fares to earn fat abi.

Useless government
- Next is to remove Mr. Tajudeen Agbede by fire by force
- Imposition of new candidate from Epe (Ambode's Town)
- Cause chaos and confusion with thugs and alaye to disband NURTW
- Cause disaffection among members to seek for new leadership
- Target non-Yorubas in new plan
- Exclude non- Yorubas members from new scheme, benefitting at the early stages

***Make I chop finish first, come load VI-Agege passengers, at least I fit do two rounds before Valentine people finish...Nonsense

7 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by kolnel: 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
How would they be happy when their source of livelihood is being taken away from them
The agbero won't be able to run after danfo again
Even the Jedi seller won't be happy
The only constant in life is change
Good change not buhari type of change

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Jeffrey12(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
this ambode really dey work oo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by sheedy407(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Well,we just need a mega city and what comes with it.

Im free,who will val in ikeja?

1 Like

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by lonelydora: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Good. Time to bring sanity on Lagos roads. Only that many will be thrown out of work.

3 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by itsyourboya: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Precious Danfo

2 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by MrMcJay(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Keneking:
"And it seems the union aren't happy about that"...But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

After Lagos State Government in conjunction with Tinubu, LagBus operators have succeeded in raising fares to earn fat abi.

Useless government

Guy, this your monkey dey do Val? E finally chop abakaliki rice today.

Keneking:

I dey suspect you o, you sure say you no be NUTRW member?

2 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by tejpot(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Area!!!

1 Like

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Jeffrey12(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs****clears throat# my last ban wasnt easy!!! 3WEEKS!!!!! People are heartless

He be like say that 3wks nor reach you... Just continue disturbing all threads with this rubbish, dehh go extend am to 3yrs.

7 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by RockHard: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs****clears throat# my last ban wasnt easy!!! 3WEEKS!!!!! People are heartless

Guy how far? You keep spamming every thread with this same yarn. You be robot? Abi na you go first chop ban?

6 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by opara28(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
Its going to b a gud plan..if only d govt provides alternatives for them
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by mmsen: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
The new buses will need drivers. Just ask that your members receive the necessary training.

No need to panic here.

2 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Bobo419: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
Quick Poll Guys!!!

If you actually live in Lagos and appreciates the New Buses initiatives, Hit Like.

If you still want the ruggedness of the Danfos, Hit Share.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by tritt(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is what makes Lagos state the Eko oni baje....No need to ban them.
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Yinkatolu: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
Up national.These people fit pursue bus enter canal grin

1 Like

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by cricifixo: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
Just an avenue to enrich some connected dude
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by lexychuks(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
I am glad these people would be banned. They drive so reckless without regard to other road commuters. The most annoying part is when agberos collaborate with the Nigerian Police officers to create artificial traffic so as to say OWO MI DA!!! Good riddance.
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by fufuNegusi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
hmmm,

i have nothing to say

i will just pass

BUT

BEFORE

I

LEAVE

MAKE

I

WASTE

SPACE

small grin grin

1 Like

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by hamedollar(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pls don't waste time to ban these useless and wicked people. They don't like to see crowd at the Bus stop before you know it price has got up
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Maxdiamond(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
ok.lets watch and see.
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by LordXaaan: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
dahunsy:

2 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Horlawoomey(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
Good only if the Drivers can be integrated into the new bus scheme, Lagos really need to join the Mega cities.
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by seunlayi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
UNA NEVA C SUMTIN
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by Bigsteveg(m): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is the most senseless post I have read so far this year.

Keneking:

Useless government
- Cause disaffection among members to seek for new leadership
- Target non-Yorubas in new plan
- Exclude non- Yorubas members from new scheme, benefitting at the early stages

***Make I chop finish first, come load VI-Agege passengers, at least I fit do two rounds before Valentine people finish...Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by obembet(f): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
K
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by CEOJAMIENAIJA(m): 4:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Malivelihood Buys Girlfriend $1.5m Mansion As Val Gift

See pictures: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/malivelihood-buys-girlfriend-15m.html
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by almustopha82(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
Dis is not ITESIWAJU EKO .very soon all dis agbero nd danfo drivers will turn to thief .AMBODE should leave dis people 4 god sake
Re: NURTW Advices Members Not To Panic Over Proposed Ban On Danfo by blont(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
weitin business me? oshiomole bus do me... ringroad ringroad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Evacuates 41 Girls From Mali (Photo) / Car Rams Into The Faculty Of Law, Rivers State University / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.