Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST (1001 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola, Probes $650m Fraud In Ministry Of Power / FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing / Fashola Disowns #2billion Planted In Housing Ministry Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by three: 6:48am On Feb 15, 2017
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, yesterday disowned N2 billion in the budget of his ministry, saying it was inserted by the Ministry of Finance.

Fashola stated this during budget defence before the Senate Committee on Lands, Housing and Urban Development.

Committee chairman, Senator Barnabas Gemade (APC, Benue) had queried the provision of N2 billion in the budget of Housing Ministry for “Regional Housing Scheme.” The project is tagged FMOWP99934089.

Gemade asked: “What is this provision of N2billion for? What is regional housing scheme? Where is it taking place? What is happening? Have you seen it on Page 18?”

Responding, Fashola said: “It is not our project... It is a Ministry of Finance initiative. They are saying that they want to do what they called ... It is not from us.”

In his reaction, Gemade said: “But you are here to defend this budget in totality.

Fashola then said: “That is what has come. I am explaining to you now, sir, on how it comes into our budget. That is not what we submitted. We didn’t submit that proposal.”

It was at this point that Gemade said they would invite the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun to explain how the money got into the budget.

The committee also expressed reservations about the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the Ministry and asked the minister to “brace up.”

Billions solid minerals revenues not declared - Minister

At another session minister of Solid Minerals, Kayode Fayemi said billions of naira generated from the solid minerals sector had not been declared over the years.

Fayemi who appeared before the House of Representatives committee on solid minerals for 2017 budget defence said the development had negatively affected government revenues.

“Clearly, there has been non-declaration and under reporting of revenues in the solid minerals sector. That’s why we decided to engage consultants working in partnership with state governments to sure-up revenue accruable to the country.

“The declared revenue of N2.8bn is inadequate reflection of what goes on in the mining sector. I should also add that we generate more than N2.8bn. This money mostly came from royalty, and if you look at the Dangotes, CGCs and other construction outfits, royalties from them should run into hundreds of billions and not N2bn,” he said.

He said the ministry had been remitting its internally generated revenue to government coffers via the Treasury Single Account (TSA), adding that they do not retain any amount at the ministry as they have their budgetary allocation.

He said as part of efforts to boost the solid minerals sector, the sum of N30 billion was approved under the Natural Resources Grant, pointing out that investments in the sector take time before yielding results.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fashola-disowns-n2bn-in-ministry-s-budget/185226.html#VDJoePtopHhFMySF.99

[Sorry, had to change source from Punch to Dailytrust due to the former's copyright statement]

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:36am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria sef! One day, one story.
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 15, 2017
For the whole 16 years of PDP misrule, we never heard of budget padding coz it was a norm,

Booting PDP out of power is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria,

God bless PMB,

God bless Nigeria,

As well as the RED MUDDERS too grin grin grin
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by omenkaLives(m): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2017
We have some of the most haardened and recalcitrant criminals around the worlld in Nigeria! angry angry

Tufiakwa!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:49am On Feb 15, 2017
Lol this country will never be better, criminals everywhere. Imagine a whole 2bn naira shocked

1 Like

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by modath(f): 7:51am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
We have some of the most haardened and recalcitrant criminals around the worlld in Nigeria! angry angry

Tufiakwa!

I can bet with cash i haven't made that it is the work of dem legislooters... Senate/house committee on bla bla bla won't carry last in dis criminal venture...

Happy belated val... Wey my flower & sugar? smiley

*Addendum*

All you errors of conception quoting & calling your generation names are ignorant, so you are forgiven...

You ninnies ought to wait for Kemi Adeosun & senate committee on finance to have her defence before giving your leprous fingers free rein!! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Bujumbura(m): 7:53am On Feb 15, 2017
The corruption in this government is why we are in recession.

Only idiots and fools still believe in this government
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by DivneFavour(m): 7:54am On Feb 15, 2017
Another padding saga is bout to start.
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Bujumbura(m): 7:55am On Feb 15, 2017
modath:

I can bet with cash i haven't made that it is the work of dem legislooters... Senate/house committee on bla bla bla won't carry last in dis criminal venture...

How can the legislators insert it and at the same time blow the whistle on it

Are we reading the same thing or your brain is still on 2015 sai baba mode

1 Like

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Bujumbura(m): 7:55am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:

Tufiakwa!
u never chi chom tin Sai Baba
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by three: 7:57am On Feb 15, 2017
The question is

"What does Fashola know about the N2B and WHEN did he know it?"

Abi if Senate no screen the budget or see d item Uncle for help Ministry of Finance 'execute' the strange project?!!!

ps thanks to the mod that sorted out the Antispam bot issue
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by omenkaLives(m): 7:59am On Feb 15, 2017
modath:

Aunty Mo, i tire for these crooks gan! I bet some of these things are happening because the courts always appear lenient when dealing with billion dollar crooks.

If these men are not being thrown into the slammers like the crooks they are to do loooong time with hard labour, none of them would have a change of heart over the slaps on the wrists they get in the courts. angry

Imagine after all we saw last year, some people still had the gots to take a shot at the nonsense yet again.

So darn shameful.

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by MrGreenMavro: 8:11am On Feb 15, 2017
wink
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by DoyenExchange: 8:11am On Feb 15, 2017
So, who owns the money?
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:

Tufiakwa!

Point of correction; in apc please.
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 15, 2017
modath:

Even when fashola categorically said that it was inserted by ministry of finance.

You are pathetic.

Won't they be stupid to point it out if it was inserted by them?
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by kutchs: 8:20am On Feb 15, 2017
modath:

Ode the minister of Works a member of the executive has confirmed that the insertion is from the finance ministry and yet you blame the NASS. When did the finance ministry become a part of the NASS?
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by 989900: 8:55am On Feb 15, 2017
There is this huge housing scheme initiative talked about between the ministries of works and finance some time last year . . .probably that's what's for . . . you never know though with Nigerians.
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by bet9ja(m): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2017
This administration is the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria. People are dying daily do to the hardship imposed by this shameless and good for nothing leaders. From now on, their family will never know any peace. It's high time Nigerians wake up.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by tope777(m): 9:45am On Feb 15, 2017
In this nation, hardly you will pass a week without one Story.

#nigermustmoveforward
Re: Budget: Fashola Disowns N2bn in Ministry's Budget - DAILYTRUST by Nbote(m): 10:27am On Feb 15, 2017
Lolzzzz... By d tym dis govt leaves, na den wen go get a clear view of d massive corruption under their nyash.. Sarrki and co won't com in here at all.. Anyone dat eventually does would do d usual, blame d other man... A whole 2 billion. If dis topic had Diezani or Dasuki anywhere in the heading dis thread for don reach permanent site by now

(1) (Reply)

FG Tompolo Is Innocent. Use Him To Bring Peace In Niger Delta! / Acting President Osinbanjo Conferred With Chieftaincy Title In Akwa Ibom / BREAKING NEWS: H.E Atiku Abubakar Is The New Zege Mule Of Tiv Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.