Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) (27170 Views)

The Best Passing Out Parade, The Corpers Killed It! (Photos, Video) / Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) / NYSC Redeploys Corps Member Assaulted By Police In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Gemc3(f): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
I haven't read the post but I can't help but recall when I was pregnant. Medview DEALT with me. Dealt na understatement. I hate to remember the experience cos it makes me so mad. Terrible service. Eye service. Shebi if I had money for lawyer I for don sue them? And I KNOW I would have won. Long story. Lemme go and read the post now.

Medview Airline
Airtel
Etc

Customer service is the back bone of every business. Without excellent customer service, your business is DEAD!
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by JFT24(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
GossipHeart:

Kids, this is the reason why you shouldn't do drugs

The know who they mess with, i pray that one day i would be assulted by any of the Nigerian military force or police, that day would be the final day any police or army would stop assulting people

Your types are in the mortuary and the sky did not fall.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by GossipHeart(m): 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
JFT24:

Your types are in the mortuary and the sky did not fall.

Sorry, i don't talk to kids
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
TFeminist:
maybe there's an explanation to y it shdnt be recorded. Pls help out. Thnks
Airside is a very high risk area. So security is very very tight, as such one is not supposed to snap the area because it will give opportunity to criminals to understand the layout of the area and find ways to beat that intelligence.
Someone would think but people can see it when boarding. Yes, but if you notice one wouldn't have time and the opportunity to learn all the security setup. They would hurriedly guide you to the aircraft.
Even staffs working in the airside are not supposed to know the setup and cameras area of coverage. Intact even among the security personal not all of them are allowed to know the location of all the cameras
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2017
hisMrs:

I think u are just trying to be a busy body. read the post as many times as possible so u can understand properly. You can't just evict them in a rude manner and not provide explanations for not allowing them on the plane.
You and I know how stubborn Nigerians can be Especially NYSC members.
I was also a corp member 6 years ago
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Arewa12:

Re u sure u read to understnd........ Of Course dey didn't go to tarmac to stand or look @ aw a plane wud take off. The airline kept dem stranded @ the tarmac ... They overbook..First it the job of medview to apologize... If u were in their shoes am sure u wud nt be writing dis
I understand very well because I am in the aviation profession.
Yes Medview are wrong definitely but those security outfits are not working for medview. As such they must do their job whether with or without medview and also there are other airlines there whose security must be guaranteed check the pic the aircraft in the background is not medview
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2017
litaninja:
Errr, The Medview airlines and Various security outfits there (FAAN and airforce included) work in tandem at the airports.
Read what the OP posted and realize that they were invited to BOARD as per normal procedure.
At the ladder, the doors were shut and suddenly prospective passengers denied access to the aircraft, after they had paid and been cleared by other Medview operational staff to board.
Medview broke their own end of the bargain and most likely (as in these climes) enlisted the help of security to get them off the tarmac like they got there forcefully....

Unfortunately this is true. The question is what are those people supposed to do?
Also the security of the aircraft is responsibility of those outfit so the aircraft doesn't need to call the security they must do their job
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
metallisc:

keep your stupidity aside first.... then read and understand before you make any comments!
Shame the kind of illiterates roaming the streets with brown envelope containing cardboard paper
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
GossipHeart:

Kids, this is the reason why you shouldn't do drugs

The know who they mess with, i pray that one day i would be assulted by any of the Nigerian military force or police, that day would be the final day any police or army would stop assulting people
O boy I like you masochism. Would you help teach them a lesson?
Hint: I don't know your location which is rather unfortunate, but anyway I believed there is a barracks of Military or police nearby just help by going there by the side of the gate immediately you enter there is one silly line drawn on the ground just cross over the line.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by ENIGMA24(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:

Hmmn try getting to the airside of any airport anywhere in the world and see.
All airports worldwide are guided by ICAO charter these are rulres of ICAO.
There are places where you are only allowed to see but not recording/snap pics.
You get sense at all?
They booked these people, gave them tickets that carried the flight codes of the same flights they were refused from boarding, and they should keep calm?
Selfishness that's the Nigerian problem, you would type trash because your flight probably hasn't been delayed talk more or being overbooked.
Claiming intelligent in a dumb way.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
Eledan:

Oga read and comprehend. Did those guys force their way to the tarmac or the airline broke a contractual agreement ?
They've paid for the airline ( forget if that was done at a discount as they are corp memebers ) ticket and that signified a contractual agrrrement that was willfully and arrogantly terminated by the airline.
I like Medivew but this is definitely not good for their PR. Thry should settle this amicably with those clearly offended corp members
That is airlines for you but remember airport is not airline as such they have different responsibilities
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Ngasky(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
ENIGMA24:

You get sense at all?
They booked these people, gave them tickets that carried the flight codes of the same flights they were refused from boarding, and they should keep calm?
Selfishness that's the Nigerian problem, you would type trash because your flight probably hasn't been delayed talk more or being overbooked.
Claiming intelligent in a dumb way.
Pls check where I said they must keep calm. All I am saying is they should leave the airside before any drama. If they left the airside they can evev beat the hell out of those medview staffs just like the arik air drama some weeks back.
But if you try anything funny on the air side you will be the looser that's for sure
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by ENIGMA24(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:

I understand very well because I am in the aviation profession.
Yes Medview are wrong definitely but those security outfits are not working for medview. As such they must do their job whether with or without medview and also there are other airlines there whose security must be guaranteed check the pic the aircraft in the background is not medview

Did you take note of the words the op used?
He said "assaulted" "dragged" etc.
In a civilized country none of those would happen, they would be persuaded, explained to, with a viable solution proffered to them. They were inconvenienced and because we live in a human right degenerated country where we feel a uniform (asoebi) is an excuse to abuse power and harass civilians ... They were abused!!
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by TFeminist(f): 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Thnks alot.
Ngasky:

Airside is a very high risk area. So security is very very tight, as such one is not supposed to snap the area because it will give opportunity to criminals to understand the layout of the area and find ways to beat that intelligence.
Someone would think but people can see it when boarding. Yes, but if you notice one wouldn't have time and the opportunity to learn all the security setup. They would hurriedly guide you to the aircraft.
Even staffs working in the airside are not supposed to know the setup and cameras area of coverage. Intact even among the security personal not all of them are allowed to know the location of all the cameras

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by GossipHeart(m): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:

O boy I like you masochism. Would you help teach them a lesson?
Hint: I don't know your location which is rather unfortunate, but anyway I believed there is a barracks of Military or police nearby just help by going there by the side of the gate immediately you enter there is one silly line drawn on the ground just cross over the line.

Sorry to disappoint your dumbass

Where i live, animals have rights

Where i live Police can arrest the highest ranked Army major

You're just a dirty little rat living in a remote village in Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Codes151(m): 3:15am On Feb 16, 2017
Ngasky:

Hmmn try getting to the airside of any airport anywhere in the world and see.
All airports worldwide are guided by ICAO charter these are rulres of ICAO.
There are places where you are only allowed to see but not recording/snap pics.
will u close that gut of a mouth?
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Kobicove(m): 8:20am On Feb 16, 2017
Corper or not you have no right to violate civil aviation rules!

If you have any grievances against an airline you go to their corporate office and settle it
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by narcdramaqueen: 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
texazzpete:

Sorry, it doesn't matter if they weren't 'wandering anyhow'. It is NOT a sane policy to leave irate people on the tarmac. It's a safety and security issue.

By all means, they should have gone to Medview office (within the premises!) to complain. If possible, stop all other booking operations etc. But to linger on the tarmac makes zero sense and in every single country in the world, security agencies WILL remove you from the tarmac.

Let me re-iterate. There is NO single first, second or third world country where security agencies will leave you to stay and complain on the tarmac.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-37283869 that happened at London City Airport last year and they didn't even have the right to be on the tarmac to begin with.

i see and understand the point about safety and security, but having also been in that situation (hence my extra sympathy for them) there are better ways to have handled it. however maybe because in our case, we were plenty and possibly skewed older (at least 30), they went with the tender touch rather than the rough stuff. for instance, in our situation, arik ground staff were there and worked hard to calm us down, hell even the security agents had a modicum of sympathy and were concilatory.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by narcdramaqueen: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ngasky:

lol. like we don't all live in nigeria.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Insightz(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
My two cents:

The Corpers had a right to protest. This is a constitutional right of course.

However, there are acceptable limits for every citizen to exercise their rights to protest. Protest on the tarmac is actually a federal offense under the Civil aviation authority act and other legislations. What the corpers did falls under public endangerment, and obstruction of persons.

In any case, the corpers could sue the Airline for compensation; delay, traumatisation, etc. and especially for the following;

1. All airlines, foreign and domestic, are subject to the provisions of the Regulations which prescribes minimum rights and duties of passengers and the obligations of airlines:

No-show and Overbooking of flights
Denied boarding against the will of a passenger (Involuntary)
Delayed scheduled flights
Cancelled scheduled flights
Claims relating to delayed, damaged and lost baggage under mcn 1999.

2. Possibly sue the Security personnel for destruction of property? Might be a tall order since they could argue they were acting within the limits of their duties/powers/authority.

3. Submit a complaint to Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority: Include names of personnel involved.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2017
Ngasky:

You and I know how stubborn Nigerians can be Especially NYSC members.
I was also a corp member 6 years ago

stubborn or not, they deserve respect
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2017
texazzpete:

It is the duty of Medview to apologize and make restitution to them. It is NOT the duty of the FAAN or aviation security officials to grovel before irate Medview customers.
Read the OP again. The corps member said they wanted an explantion, offers of accomodation and feeding BEFORE leaving the tarmac. Is that in the job description of the security officials?
What were they supposed to do when the corps members refused to leave the tarmac?

This is NOT rocket science. Why do you struggle to understand something as simple as this?

considering that the aviation securities are more mature than the corpers, they should have applied common sense to the matter. violence solves nothing
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by annonymida: 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
metallisc:

keep your stupidity aside first.... then read and understand before you make any comments!
cc savagefinder
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by savagefinder: 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
metallisc:

Bros come forward...oya ..bend ur head..oya take..

we have awarded you a diamond star in savagery..

follow us to get updates

tag us when you kill someone again...
tag us when you see a dead body

link to our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3642541/savages-hq-just-keep-scrolling

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG / 18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!! / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.