Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner (1338 Views)

4 Charging Mistakes You Should Not Ignore ( If You Truly Love Your Phone ) / Signs You Are Addicted To Whatsapp / 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Sphilip1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
Quite a few people have trouble being away from their smartphones, even when you don’t really need it. Are you more in attached to your phone than your partner? Here are a few telltale signs for you to consider.

1. You spend more time with your smartphone

Deloitte undertakes a global mobile consumer survey every year and has consistently found that people just can't put their phones down. A study by the TNS group revealed in 2015 that young adults aged between 16 and 30 spend an average of 3.2 hours on their smartphone, that’s almost an entire day every single week.

So, if your partner is complaining that you’re always on your phone or if you've started to turn down invitations to go to dinner or parties because you want to spend more quality time increasing your score on Candy Crush Saga, perhaps its time for you to reassess your relationship.

2. You turn on your smartphone first before you even say hello

Okay, it's time to be honest and answer the following question truthfully: what is the first thing that you do when you wake up in the morning? If your answer is 'look at my smartphone,' well you've pretty much admitted to being in love with your phone. Don't despair, you're not alone as about 60% of smartphone owners consult their smartphones within an hour of waking up.

Where have the good manners of yesteryear gone? Affection, the desire to caress, to give your partner a kiss good morning? Do yourself and them a favor - wait until you leave the house for work!

3. You give more gifts to your phone

Valentine’s Day is generally an opportunity to give your partner a present. That said, there's nothing preventing you from giving them gifts all year long!

If you are one of those people who gives their smartphone more presents than your partner, like a protective case, headphones or other accessories, then you may have a problem. Don’t worry, it’s a problem that many couples experience. Now you know about it you can do something about it, can't you?

4. You never forget to charge your phone but you do forget your anniversary

This can happen to people who are easily distracted or anyone who is simply bad with dates. However, this can cause huge problems. If you never forget to charge your phone but you forget your wedding anniversary or your child’s birthday, you will be annihilated by your partner.

Some advice for those who are stuck to their phones and don’t want to lead a double life with their smartphone: just put a reminder in your calendar and the problem is solved. No one will ever know!

5. You know more about your friend’s lives

Often, you are more up to date on your friends' status (or even those who aren’t necessarily your friends) than on the emotional state of your partner who is sitting right in front of you and is trying to talk to you. Take time to listen - it could be about something important in your relationship.

So, do you think you’re more in love with your smartphone than your partner? Are there any other signs people should be on the look out for? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: AndroidPit
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by emzreus(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Justiyke4u: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by FellaL: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lol so true
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by pr0blem: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
nice words
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by tamikal155: 6:40am On Dec 28, 2021
I am only writing to let you understand what a really good discovery my girl encountered browsing your site. She noticed several things, which include what it is like to have an awesome helping mindset to make the rest just know just exactly specific specialized subject areas. You truly surpassed people’s desires. Thank you for rendering these priceless, dependable, revealing and easy guidance on that topic to Janet. www.a-ufa888.net.com
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by koskilala: 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
This thread sha, I no even fit shout. Well the bottom line is I love my partner and I love my tecno phone too
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Reeb2244: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2021
No be when phone on you go call your partner? undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Sunkanmiwise(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
To a very good extent I love my phone
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Kayconcept2(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2022
No doubt I fall into this category...
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Corroro: 7:54am On Jan 09, 2022
I really love my TECNO phone, and I love my partner too, or can't we love them the same way?
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by scarycuteface(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2022
What about us that do not have a partner?
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by hoilakes(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Sincerely!
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by OlofofoAdugbo1: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Seriously Ooo... I love my new Spark 7P
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Sunkanmiwise(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Lolzzz, yes Ooooo... You need to see how I am holding firmly my Camon 15
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by AREWAELENU: 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
I make money with my Smartphone so what else do you expect nah?
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Chubbyface: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
Do you know how many partners are in my camon? Lmao
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Fonjewel0(f): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
Depends on the smartphone.

If it is Phantom X, possibly!
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Kakadancefreak(f): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
It is a subconscious act o.

Nice devices are a man's companion o.
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Wanni25(f): 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
We all love our devices.....

Especially if it is a Phantom X !
Re: 5 Signs You Love Your Phone More Than Your Partner by Idarachris84: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Guilty of all !!!!!!

Cant blame me.....

Spark 8P has got great specs!

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Pro Vs Tecno L8 Plus / Tim / Pls Who Owns Any Infinix Note 4 - X572 -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.