Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,196 members, 7,842,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car (33977 Views)

Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / PAL-V Liberty Flying Car: An Overview / Delorean Diving Into The Future With Their Flying Car Concept (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by mrgreen4real(m): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
Are we trying behave like birds?
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by techmatas: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
innovative but i think fixed wing tech. or a hybrid of it should have been far better and safer especially as it involved private use in probably congested cities. sadly though rotor driven flights offer far more maneuverability than fixed wing. truth be told for now we lack the engineering and safety to take off such ventures.

...... love the innovation though but those huge blades definitely not safe for any city
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Rexnegro(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
alldbest:
What if fuel finish up there??
then You come down na...abi they tell You say oyinbo Mumu not to put fuel meter in dashboard?

1 Like

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by drtee247(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
Wow.. So finally we have flyin cars.. What we saw in movies back then & tot we will never get to see in reality.. I guess the future is here
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ebuka2016:

boss no be say you talk am oo....hahahaha. but naija dey try sha. E be lyk say u too lyk technology sef

The one wey trip me na when they build one farm that was powered 100% by Solar,

Another the floor that people walk on converts the kinectic energy to light

as in vex dey catch me, anyway sha me i dey plan my exit
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Jammiiee(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
Oga Ade, we can't use this stuff in Nigeria, av u considered our attitude in traffic. We will keep aving traffic logjam in the air coz many drivers will still misuse the space, autocrash is inevitable in the air, considering Lagos, maybe in some other states it could be less cos of population, but Lagos? No way. After series of autocrash, Ambode will ban it no be Nigerians angry no be motorists and drivers for lagos again tongue
AutoReportNG:
We can't wait in having this in Lagos especially, bye bye to 3rd mainland bridge.

See more pictures and update here...

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/pal-v-launches-first-commercial-flying.html

1 Like

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by joinnow: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2017
Scatterscatter:
I'll like to see how Lastma will arrest these kinda cars
Already Amebode will soon order 100 for lastma tongue
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
pcguru1:

The one wey trip me na when they build one farm that was powered 100% by Solar,

Another the floor that people walk on converts the kinectic energy to light

as in vex dey catch me, anyway sha me i dey plan my exit
chioo....dis pple sef bigger dan sombody. I hear say they did dat kinetic energy stuff at one Stadium at Abuja.....ur own beta ooo. come..which day u dey go? dis kwontry sef tire me too
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
alldbest:
well the ground is always there to catch you if you fall.

1 Like

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by joinnow: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria Politician will want to get like 2 each
If Dss and Efcc suround their house it will be in vain.
Cos they go just enter inside and fly away to neigbhouring country.
More work for custom cos if rice price still continue this way our people go use am dey smuggle rice etc.
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Obviously not a car if it has rotors at the top. Its just a mini chopper.

Its clearly not made for countries like ours with electric pole sticking out everywhere.
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by chiraqDemon(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Long way ..you will still need FAAN pilot certification to fly it
One day in the future getting ur flight certification will be done at the same time as drivers license or certificate(even easy to learn and cheap as driving lessons are) cos the normal cars available by then will also be flyable
Humans are advancing so fast man
I wonder what will be in the next 100 years
Maybe we will conquer death by merging with machines or our consiousness will be uploaded to a robot

They have been able to culture rat brains in a robot so there is no software ro control the robot but the cultured rat brain and it can carry out basic actions on its own sef

Watching nextworld and many other science and engineering shows is so interesting and the shows widen your mind to so many possibilities as engineers biologists chemists and many other areas
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by linearity: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
It is not practical in Nigeria, because of the wind length and torque, you can't just land this anywhere.

There have to be special landing parks with enough space, from where you can airlift and also land.

Also, with NEPA wires dangling everywhere and at various heights, it is a dangerous proposition unless there are clear regulations about speed, altitude, acceleration, etc. By, the time you start adding all these together, you will find out, the cost is beyond the reach of the average man and that, only those who can afford helicopter would be able to afford it.
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
if fuel go finish for skye nko?
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by brighttech95(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Jeffrey12:
Nice...

But some Nigerians are already used to flying na...

Some Benin people can relate
guess u are also a Benin man wink
Jeffrey12:
Nice...

But some Nigerians are already used to flying na...

Some Benin people can relate
guess u are also a Benin man
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by SalamRushdie: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
chiraqDemon:

One day in the future getting ur flight certification will be done at the same time as drivers license or certificate(even easy to learn and cheap as driving lessons are) cos the normal cars available by then will also be flyable
Humans are advancing so fast manq
I wonder what will be in the next 100 years
Maybe we will conquer death by merging with machines or our consiousness will be uploaded to a robot

They have been able to culture rat brains in a robot so there is no software ro control the robot but the cultured rat brain and it can carry out basic actions on its own sef

Watching nextworld and many other science and engineering shows is so interesting and the shows widen your mind to so many possibilities as engineers biologists chemists and many other areas

So you think the world can handle 100 million random unplanned flight trajectories ..Guy the fly car will only be for a select few
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by chiraqDemon(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2017
wristbangle:

Lastma will have their own version too
He means how will they jump and hang on steering
Abi na from floor them wan jump
We are waiting to see sha
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by chiraqDemon(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So you think the world can handle 100 million random unplanned flight trajectories ..Guy the fly car will only be for a select few
They will plan it
Is it not the same way as at 300 years ago no one was planning for more than a billion unplanned car movements but now we have plans for them
Same way for airplanes but now
Dont worry we will always find a way thru all our challenges

1 Like

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Jok3r(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
alldbest:

u go fall na except u b witch to fly agn

2 Likes

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by SalamRushdie: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
chiraqDemon:

They will plan it
Is it not the same way as at 300 years ago no one was planning for more than a billion unplanned car movements but now we have plans for them
Same way for airplanes but now
Dont worry we will always find a way thru all our challenges

Well with good thinking nothing is impossible
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by mikkypel(m): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
chiraqDemon:

He means how will they jump and hang on steering
Abi na from floor them wan jump
We are waiting to see sha

If any lastma tries that with me.. I go just target the next available electric pole or wire.. Na there i go hang am
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by shumuel(m): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:
We can't wait in having this in Lagos especially, bye bye to 3rd mainland bridge.

Mini chopper they mean, i don't expect to see long blades(propelers) in a flying car angry
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Didiediamond(f): 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
alldbest:

lolz...funny u
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Saint52(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
This one go pain Dubai....
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
how safe is this flying car? even aeroplane with rollsroyce engine crashes how much more this flying car with a small engine.
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by charlesucheh(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
then agberos need to start engaging their juju flying techniques because, rogering will be hard t get o!!!!
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Rexling(m): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
SINZ:
The propeller blades are too long. How the hell can it get you out of a jampacked lagos traffic
U jx said my mind.it's stil a chopper nt a car yet.
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by peacemara54(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2017
We sell pure, raw, unadulterated honey. We supply nationwide
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Reference(m): 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Hmmm.....after Lasisi the mechanic does the first C - check many will be completing the journey with paddle and life jacket.

1 Like

Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by DONOCHAS(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
alldbest:
then god be with you lol. But it will have indicator
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by 3kay945(m): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
Can this get 100km/hr on road
Re: Pal-V Launches First Commercial Flying Car by Platony(m): 8:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Abegii,..d propellers ar too long. no be for dis country wey nepa wire full every wer. Abi u go dey park am for stadium cm pay transport go house undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Plate Number And Driver's License / 7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy / Someone Just Paid ₦17.5 Billion For This 56 Year-old Ferrari 250 GTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.