Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Worst Issues You've Ever Run Into In Your Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Worst Issues You've Ever Run Into In Your Computer (890 Views)

10 Reasons Your Computer Is Frustratingly Slow And What To Do About It / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / 5 Signs Your Computer Network Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worst Issues You've Ever Run Into In Your Computer by TheWeirdOne(m): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
My life was going okay until this adware struck my PC. It was called Dnsunlocker/CounterFlix
If you ever encounter this virus on your PC, my brother, I'm sorry for you.
This was one of the most persuasive piece of trash viruses I had ever encountered.
It only affected web browsers.
The adware changed ads on any website visited to its own spammy looks ads. It also caused excessive pop-ups and whatnot.
Every antivirus I used to get rid of it didn't work.
I had to hunt it down.
I checked the internet for ways. I saw many and tried them all. Still didn't work.
For 2 weeks I had this virus. I cried several times.
Even system restore did not work.
Then I did the unthinkable.
Factory Reset. It was risky, I know, but this was what fixed it for me.
A sigh of relief.
I was extra careful after that. I got more than 4 antuviruses on my PC after the incident.

But then, something awful happened.
It appeared the virus travelled to my phone. The same dnsunlocker adware had infected Google Chrome on my phone. How?!?!?!? Well I sure didn't know but clearing data and cache fixed it.
Now again, that same god-forsaken virus made its way to my mom's new phone.
Let me make it clear, new phone, just bought, first time of being put on. Immediately the internet was accessed on that phone, chrome reported 18 pop-ups blocked and increasing. The virus had somehow travelled through the Wi-Fi connection. Clearing Chrome's data and cache didn't work out.
You can tell I was in great distress. But after a day, the virus disappeared

For 3 months now I haven't seen the virus and I hope I never do throughout my life.

You guys can share your own problems and issues you have encountered with your computer, either hardware or software.

(1) (Reply)

Screen Issue!!! Please Help / Abeg, Help Me If Your Advice Ooo / One On One Web Development Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.