Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,712 members, 7,865,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha (596 Views)

North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) / Okada Riders In Onitsha Modify Their Bikes After Government Ban / Heavy Rain In Onitsha Sweeps Cars, Occupants, 3 Bankers Away (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by 1click(f): 2:11am On Feb 16, 2017
This is what happened in my area tonight

Fuel tanker had brake failure, and fail, if you see explosion,

But it took like five minutes before it started to
blow, so people ran away quickly, cos it fell in front of a filling station

I can't believe my eyes

Then before we knew it,the fire started burning people's houses

One by one

It was spreading

To our great surprise one nonsense fire service car that came and before you know it, the thing drove off

For complete two hours we still trying to stop fire

It started around 8pm,but it was about 10.30pm that good fire service came from delta but by then things has gone worst

Many lost their business, while others lost their homes

If you see people been frustrated ehhhh, the first house that caught fire, people had to carry the owner a woman out by force, cos she said we should just leave her to be burnt as well

Two filling station was erased completely

Na in the morning that we will see the rate of damages done

http://www.anstalk.com/2017/02/two-filling-station-was-erased.html?m=1

Lalastica, Seun

Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by Standing5(m): 2:14am On Feb 16, 2017
Tragic . . .

But u mean no fire service in Anambra state or why did they have to drive off?

2 Likes

Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by Blue3k(m): 4:36am On Feb 16, 2017
Wow that's tragic. As usual hope they got insurance. I'm glad nobody hurt though.
Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by adadike281(f): 4:56am On Feb 16, 2017
Oh God! I hope no soul was lost? Gov Obiano and other well meaning Igbo's should rally round and save the day. my prayer and love are with those that lost properties at the unfortunate incident.

1 Like

Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 16, 2017
Nonsense... When are we going to get things right in this country...

Tell me what it takes Anambra Goverment to purchase Fire trucks to cover most business area in Anambra.. Every year we always wake up to stories like this yet they just aLlow it to happen and status quo continues.. This is the 4th time in 4 years and you still hear stories of fire truck no where to be found..

If they can't stop fuel truck from moving aroud busy oNitsha roads during the day, then they should provide fire service incase scenarios like this occur.

This a sheer neglect From Obiano goverment.
November 22 2015 still on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by rusher14: 5:12am On Feb 16, 2017
No fire fighters?

No fire equipment?

Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by Pavore9: 5:16am On Feb 16, 2017
Sad.
Re: Two Filling Station Was Erased Completely In Onitsha by Pchikaodili(m): 5:57am On Feb 16, 2017
This is serious, wch part of onitsha is that?? Full detail pls

(1) (Reply)

The Challenges Of Seasonal Fluctuations In The Hotel Industry: The Way Forward / What Is The Current Rate Of EURO In The Black Market? / Lufthansa Launches New Brand Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.