Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Solution To Violence In Marriage - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Solution To Violence In Marriage (359 Views)

See What This Man Said About Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Violence In Marriage by Richdipo(m): 9:19am On Feb 16, 2017
Violence in marriage and the increasing rate of divorce and separation will not decline in the society simply by punishing offenders. Relationships have to be done God’s way for there to be a difference. We should also learn from our forefathers i.e the old cultural marital pattern that we have labelled as old school. Both emphasize patience, sacrifice, premarital abstinence from sex, personal development and grooming for the couple, investigation of family background and mutual respect. I opted for the first option i.e God's way, because as fine as the old cultural way is, it accords little or no respect for the woman but God's model gives life to both parties. If what we have now, the new concept of marriage that is powered by western civilization is all, then I think it is best left for the trash can.

(1) (Reply)

Hookup And Meet-up With New Friends / SW / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.