Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,498 members, 7,836,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience (871 Views)

Questions Asked During Admission Screening And How To Answer Them / Crawford University Post-utme/admission Screening Form Is Out 2017/2018 / Delta State University 2017/2018 Admission/screening Updates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience by asekefatima(f): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2017
The Screening of prospective students for the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Award (BEA) across the country has begun by the Federal Ministry of Education on Monday, 13th February, 2017.
Malam Abdullahi Jibrin, the leader of the screening team for Northwest Zone of the Federal Scholarship Board, told journalists in Kaduna that the exercise, taking place in the six geopolitical zones of the country, would last until Friday, 17th February, 2017.

Jibrin, who said that about 200 beneficiaries would be selected from each zone, based on the number of applicants and their performance at the interview.

He explained that the scheme began about 30 years ago between Nigeria and some non-English speaking countries who exchange students for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.

According to him, the countries award a full scholarship to the beneficiaries, adding participating countries only support the students with money for maintenance.

“The countries include Russia, Hungary, Algeria, Morocco, Turkey, Serbia, Egypt, Ukraine, Romania, Cuba, China and Tunisia among others.

“But only China, Russia and Turkey would accept the student for postgraduate this year.”
He, however, disclosed that there was a low participation of students from the Northwest Zone over the years and urged students from the zone to tap from the opportunity.

Also speaking, the Kaduna State Commissioner for Education Science and Technology, Prof. Andrew Nok, urged the student to do their best at the interview, adding that only the best would be selected.
Nok, who was represented by the Director of Higher Education in the ministry, Mr. John Gora, noted that many students are not aware of the scheme in the state.

The commissioner said that the state would carry out a massive awareness campaign to enlighten students about the scheme to increase the number of beneficiaries from the state.

Meanwhile, the Executive Director of Kaduna State Scholarship Board, Hajiya Jummai Dikko, said the scholarship covers all courses in sciences, social sciences, environmental sciences, the arts and the humanities, both for undergraduate and postgraduate.

Dikko however said that only China, Russia and Turkey would accept candidates for postgraduate studies this year.

“The criteria for undergraduate is five distinctions in Mathematics and English language and any other three relevant subjects in WAEC obtain from 2015 or 2016 and the candidate must be from 18 to 20 years.
“For postgraduate students, applicants must have a first class or second class upper division and the age limit of 35 for masters and 40 for Ph.D., “she said.

Please if you have done your screening, please share your experience with us.

http://www.fatisticinfo.com/2017/02/bilateral-foreign-scholarship-screening.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience by vonuseFUL: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]Good day Sir, I am one of the BEA students from Osun state, I did my Interview on Monday 13th Feb, 2017. It was brought to our notice on the interview day that we turkey candidates should complete our registration from turkiye burslari website.

Now, the problems are ;

1.) I am confused on how to do my application, Please if there is anyone that has choosed turkey before and can enlighten me on this, the person should please assist me.

2.) Am I still going to write another exam(interview) with turkey apart from the one I wrote in Nigeria ?

3.) My thought was that, ''I will not write another exam, my score in the Nigeria Interview will be forwarded to Turkiye burslari and I will be screened''. Please, are my thoughts right ?

On the turkiye burslari site, undergraduate application is yet to commence[center]Good day Sir, I am one of the BEA students from Osun state, I did my Interview on Monday 13th Feb, 2017. It was brought to our notice on the interview day that we turkey candidates should complete our registration from turkiye burslari website.

Now, the problems are ;

1.) I am confused on how to do my application, Please if there is anyone that has choosed turkey before and can enlighten me on this, the person should please assist me.

2.) Am I still going to write another exam(interview) with turkey apart from the one I wrote in Nigeria ?

3.) My thought was that, ''I will not write another exam, my score in the Nigeria Interview will be forwarded to Turkiye burslari and I will be screened''. Please, are my thoughts right ?

On the turkiye burslari site, undergraduate application is yet to commence[/center]Good day Sir, I am one of the BEA students from Osun state, I did my Interview on Monday 13th Feb, 2017. It was brought to our notice on the interview day that we turkey candidates should complete our registration from turkiye burslari website.

Now, the problems are ;

On the turkiye burslari site, undergraduate application is yet to commence, it will commence on Feb 28th, 2017.
4.) won't that date affect that of Nigeria ?

I will be very glad if my questions are answer ASAP.

Thanks.
Re: The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience by igbangi1: 12:36pm On May 19, 2017
Good day to BEA support team, please my younger brother he is very interested in writing the scholarship, he want to study Medicine and surgery, if you are applying for the BEA scholarships you you have A or B in all your five subject before you are qualified to seat for the examination? for example if you have B in English, B in Biology, B in Chemistry and C in physics are you still qualify to write the entrance examination? I really need a reply please. Mean if you don't have a national population commission birth certificate and you have the normal birth certificate you will still be qualified to seat for the examination?
Re: The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Screening:share Your Experience by igbangi1: 12:39pm On May 19, 2017
How many choice of country you are allowed to choose why applying for the BEA, and how many course are required for you to choose? or is it only one choice you will make both in your University and the course you want to study?

(1) (Reply)

New Arrival:hp 630/hp 4530s/hp 4430s/dell Vostro Etc Very Cheap. / Free Training For Abuja Teachers Aug 4th / How Do I Choose A Best Online Essay Writing Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.