Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nepa Is Killing My Radios - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Nepa Is Killing My Radios (617 Views)

Omg Eunice Is Killing It With Her New Hit She Produced / Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry / Wow EUNICE Is Really Killing It. Check Out This Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nepa Is Killing My Radios by Zubebe(m): 10:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
I am a radio freak and buy radios the way some people buy their clothes. I also dash them out to friends and relations. I have two radios in my office, two under my pillow and two in my traveling bag. I buy radios anywhere it takes my fancy. I once bought a grundig on a klm flight, i bought on the net through a friend in canada, i have the crank type and prowl supermarkets to see what is new in their radio section. But i go for the best brands ie sony, sanyo, grundig only.
Now i have noticed for quite sometime that when nepa brings back light my radios act funny. This happens mostly at nights and it happens to both my two radios. Static, lots of static takeover and you cant  listen to anything. But when travel to other countries i do not experience this kind of thing.
Why is this so?  I have a theory to explain this; nepa or phcn or whatever they now call themselves distribute their electricity along with something  else. I dont know what that something is but  its the culprit for the static. No doubt about it. And if that something affects my radios it is logical to assume it also affects me in some way. It is some  kind of radiation that nepa bundle down to our homes. I dread to think it could be a carcinogen that causes cancer or high blood pressure. Some future research might find this out. But before it is too late for most of us i dare say  cut the mains and shun nepa along with their dirty electricty.

(1) (Reply)

Platinum Ideas And Innovations: The Future Is Safe With Us. / Needs Real Producerz / Production For Upcoming Acts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.