Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,856 members, 7,862,806 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. (33019 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is In Abaribe’s Custody - FG Tells Court / "We Warned Buhari Not To Appoint Aisha Alhassan" - El-Rufai / "We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by klax(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2017
I know some people will started blaming fayose but they will forget to ask the fed govt pls what are the condition or the requirement Does the requirement applicable to all states Any clause in the requirementshop on that part of ekiti state

It's something to say I will give Mr A and B a loan but asking Mr A to bring 10 items and Mr B 200 items pls how would that work

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by agabaI23(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

Since the ministry of Finance failed to tell us the procedures Ekiti state did not meet, could you please tell us?

There is no need blabbing about not meeting procedures..
I read over 6 times up there that "Ekiti did not meet the procedures"
But there is not a single sentence on these procedures Ekiti did not meet.
We want to know exactly What procedures Zamfara, Osun and Ogun States meet that Ekiti did not.

Atleast it will help us condemn Fayose together.
Some of us are not really interested in throwing petrol to burn a man down because someone called him a thief, even when we don't know what he stole. Unfortunately, that's the state of mind of most of you.
I was looking for the procedure also but saw nothing. They should tell us the procedure afterall it is public money. Why are they scared of media noise? Fayose learnt from them

2 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by duni04(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

Since the ministry of Finance failed to tell us the procedures Ekiti state did not meet, could you please tell us?

We want to know exactly What procedures Zamfara, Osun and Ogun States meet that Ekiti did not.

Some of us are not really interested in throwing petrol to burn a man down because someone called him a thief, even when we don't know what he stole. Unfortunately, that's the state of mind of most of you.
Bros Ayo Fayose refused to ratify the loan through the state house of assembly and has also refused to disclose if previous budget support facility loans were truly spent on paying salaries. This thug of a governor feels its his entitlement and his right. I remember when he addressed a press conference and said the FG had no right to question what his Ekiti spent its money. Fayose is nothing but a common criminal and only an equally unintelligent person will fall for any of his scams. The man is a 419, worse than Ibori.

6 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by omenkaLives(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2017
Mynd44:
https://www.nairaland.com/3633115/fg-denies-withholding-statutory-allocation
Oga, make you and Lala try dey communicate and synergise so u no go dey carry us enter bush mbok. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by loomer: 8:51am On Feb 17, 2017
Super1Star:
Fayose wanted to use his usual thuggish way to bulldoze his way without following the required process.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fayose na thug we all know, but u no go tell me say na only ekiti state no meet requirements inside all 36 states
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by sekundosekundo: 8:52am On Feb 17, 2017
omenkaLives:
Dont mind the thug. He thinks the Federal ministry is Diamond bank where you go barge in, intimidate the manager, and make withdrawals in millions in minutes.

There are laid down preconditions to secure the facility and the claptrap was well aware of them, but chose not to comply unlike others because he thinks the press would bamboozle the fg into releasing same to him by painting him as a victim due to his endless criticism of the government.

Believe these politicians at your peril.

3 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by TinaAnita(f): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2017
I hope the federal government is not trying to get back at Fayose for attacking him on social media? I won't be surprised if that's the case because buhari never forgives or forgets

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by AntiWailer: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

I know you did not read and just schmed through.

You probably missed the one below :

"The Ekiti state government was warned formally of its failure to comply with the full requirements vide a letter on August 5, 2016, with reference number HMF/FMF/ASG/1/2016.

Ask for the bolded letter from Fayose.

Stop sentiment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by jospepper(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by rhymestech: 8:55am On Feb 17, 2017
That's Fayose for you
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Meeloreh(f): 8:55am On Feb 17, 2017
It makes no difference in the state. Sine he has been collecting the allocation and still he hasn't paid his workers since August 2016
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by xynerise: 8:56am On Feb 17, 2017
Foolish people laughing at Gov. Fayose like he is the one to suffer it. Have you ever considered the effect on the people of Ekiti state?

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by ifyan(m): 8:57am On Feb 17, 2017
Forget Tori we dem de yarn APC do look for opportunity for Fayose to misbehave so that dem go show am pepper. Fayose no mind them.

You may be surprised to find out that Fayose wasn't the only one not to comply with the directive given.

Hmm mean why Arsenal U are not alone, remember Barcelona But Manchester United doesn't recognize your pathway [left][/left]

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by popcykaylah(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2017
This man doesn't know his job description as a governor.all he cares about is drama. .smh
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Purplebirdrep: 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
On the FG's claim that Ekiti didn't meet up with the requirements, Premium Times wrote:

The Ekiti government described the explanation as an afterthought meant to mislead the public.

The Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said the state signed up for N14.4 billion and had received funds monthly in the last seven months from the ministry of finance.

“So when did they realise that Ekiti State did not meet the conditions? Mr. Olayinka asked. “Or did they send the allocations in the last seven months in error?”

He also argued that there was no warning letter or notification from the ministry of finance before the governor raised the alarm, else there would have been no need for the governor to write a letter to the ministry demanding explanations on the non-release of the funds.

“If they sent any letter, maybe they sent it today, because the governor was there yesterday and before then no one knew the reasons why the funds were not released,” Mr. Olayinka said.

“As I am talking to you, we have not received any letter from the ministry, if they sent any letter, maybe they sent it today. This explanation is an afterthought.”

Mr. Olayinka also said he was aware that the funds was earlier sent to the Central Bank of Nigeria along those of other states, but was later recalled and the name of Ekiti State removed from the list of 35 states.
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Dieumerci1: 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
Bros Fayose talked about STATUTORY allocation not loan and this man kept emphasizing on loan. Don't you think it's diversionary?
henchamb:

Didn't you read where it was stated that it's a confidential issue that the governor shouldn't have gone to the press. They would be stupid to start to spell everyword of the procedure line by line.

Osun ogun and Zamfara might have met the criteria because their governor is not fayose who is more interested in media hype than Good governance

I also read up to "6 times" and I saw where it was stated that it's a support loan and not a statutory allocation as claimed by the dog from ekiti. Your interest should be to educate him about it.
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by SalamRushdie: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2017
onnenka:
Fayose talked about his state's January allocation, they are talking about loan. Who do I believe? Fayose of course.

Don't mind them..we all know Ekiti is being victimised
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Michel2013: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2017
it is obvious that fayose is being persecuted due to his outspokenness against the current administration.why do they refused to mention the conditions that only Ekiti State fail to meet.yorubas are so gullible,they are even supporting this injustice against their own people just because of party difference.sometimes i wonder if apc is military party.

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by ybalogs(m): 9:04am On Feb 17, 2017
henchamb:

Didn't you read where it was stated that it's a confidential issue that the governor shouldn't have gone to the press. They would be stupid to start to spell everyword of the procedure line by line.

Osun ogun and Zamfara might have met the criteria because their governor is not fayose who is more interested in media hype than Good governance

I also read up to "6 times" and I saw where it was stated that it's a support loan and not a statutory allocation as claimed by the dog from ekiti. Your interest should be to educate him about it.
You're very intelligent. Now following.
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Delphi(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

You are brilliant!!!

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by erosimo(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2017
henchamb:

I beg spare that thrash. Since there is freedom of information act, then why the confidentiality. Nigerians need to know

3 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by neche2007: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2017
what are the lay down rules? why not make it open, you men that 35 state governors fulfilled the rules and Ekiti did not? i don biliv this. tell us another version of this story
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by alizma: 9:07am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

could u just make use of your brain or borrow from someone? not every management discussion is for public consumption but it is reasonable to wait for Fayose to deny being formally warned of the consequences of his non compliance or deny knowledge of retention of the facility as sanction for non compliance.

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by erosimo(m): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
undecided FG talking about some sort of loan and Fayose says Ekiti January allocation, abeg did FG share any or give out loans in January that we didn't know about?! undecided

Pls help me to ask again because I don tire for thier lies
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by DrLuv: 9:08am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

the conditions were made public last year before the start of the loan programme.they were about 20criteria.
meanwhile the normal statutory monthly allocation has been released to ekiti.. it has been used by fayose in his own usual way.it is the BSF that is outstanding.
ekiti had this same issue last year which delayed her early participation in the programme.apparently he has refused to continue.
the main point of the conditions is that all spendings done with the loan should be made transparent for auditing.that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by ybalogs(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2017
Michel2013:
it is obvious that fayose is being persecuted due to his outspokenness against the current administration.why do they refused to mention the conditions that only Ekiti State fail to meet.yorubas are so gullible,they are even supporting this injustice against their own people just because of party difference.sometimes i wonder if apc is military party.
I'm sure you read the part where it is said that it is a confidential issue. So it can't be disclosed.
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by tejpot(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2017
ZUBY77:

Do you think you have spoken smartly? No, not all. You are simply lazy

It is not the duty of the FG to help every ignorant Nigerian who choose to be ignorant. The news was all around when the FG gave conditions for the grants to be disbursed to states to enable them pay their salary. And every thing in that memo was for the purpose of prudence utilization of the grant and yet you were so blind to that in the write up. A simple search on google will help you out. But like I said, you have decided to follow the path of ignaorance. Ekiti has refused to meet any of the conditions listed below.

1. Publish audited annual financial statements within 9 months of financial year end.
2. Introduction and compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
Publish State budget online annually.
3. Publish budget implementation performance report online quarterly.
4. Develop standard IPSAS compliant software to be offered to States for use by State and Local Governments.
5. Set realistic and achievable targets to improve independently generated revenue (from all revenue generating activities of the State in addition to tax collections) and ratio of capital to recurrent expenditure.
6. Implementation of targets Implement a centralized Treasury Single Account (TSA) in each State.
7. Quarterly financial reconciliation meetings between Federal and State Governments to cover VAT, PAYE remittances, refunds on Government projects, Paris Club and other accounts.
8. Share the database of companies within each State with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). The objective is to improve VAT and PAYE collection.
9. Introduce a system to allow for the immediate issue of VAT / WHT certificates on payment of invoices.
10. Review all revenue related laws and update of obsolete rates / tariffs.
Set limits on personnel expenditure as a share of total budgeted expenditure.
11. Biometric capture of all States’ Civil Servants will be carried out to eliminate payroll fraud.
12. Establishment of Efficiency Unit.
Federal Government online price guide to be made available for use by States.
13. Introduce a system of Continuous Audit (internal audit).
14. Create a fixed asset and liability register.
15. Consider privatization or concession of suitable State owned enterprises to improve efficiency and management.
16. Establish a Capital Development Fund to ring-fence capital receipts and adopt accounting policies to ensure that capital receipts are strictly applied to capital projects.
17. Domestication of the Fiscal Responsibility Act (FRA).
18. Attainment and maintenance of a credit rating by each State of the Federation.
19. Federal Government to encourage States to access funds from the capital markets for bankable projects through issuance of fast- track Municipal bond guidelines to support smaller issuances and shorter tenures.
20. Full compliance with the FRA and reporting obligations, including;
21. No commercial bank loans to be undertaken by States;
22. Routine submission of updated debt profile report to the DM

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205354-nigerian-states-get-22-conditions-access-fresh-n90billion-bailout.html

2 Likes

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by erosimo(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2017
duni04:

Bros Ayo Fayose refused to ratify the loan through the state house of assembly and has also refused to disclose if previous budget support facility loans were truly spent on paying salaries. This thug of a governor feels its his entitlement and his right. I remember when he addressed a press conference and said the FG had no right to question what his Ekiti spent its money. Fayose is nothing but a common criminal and only an equally unintelligent person will fall for any of his scams. The man is a 419, worse than Ibori.

And nigerians will believe your unverified opinion?
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by Goke7: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2017
neche2007:
what are the lay down rules? why not make it open, you men that 35 state governors fulfilled the rules and Ekiti did not? i don biliv this. tell us another version of this story

its because of folks like you that Fayose made the entire issue a media one cos he knows that folks like you will never believe the side of the FG whether true or not. This is what Fayose wants, heat up the polity as much as he can against the FG for you guys to be happy.

That is why he also succeeded in deceiving you guys at first that it was the normal statutory allocation when in fact it was the budget support facility with stipulated conditions.
Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by solexybadoo: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2017
duni04:

Guy open the door..
We need to talk

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by enigma2007(m): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2017
Well.. Fayose should do what Tinubu did those years ago when Obj held on to Lagos allocation...Look inward and make his state great....

This is a time for him to truly plan for the future of Ekiti rather than depending on handouts from the FG.

1 Like

Re: Seized Allocation: "We Warned You, FG Tells Fayose.. by martineverest(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2017
i believe he purposely did it to cause brouhaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Which Of These APC Presidential Aspirants Can Defeat PDP’s Atiku Abubakar? / Femi Kayode On The Treatment Given To Ex-NIMASA DG After Court / Ekweremadu Back In Nigeria 48 Hours After Assault In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.