Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,779 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

Fayose Storms Finance Ministry, Demands Ekiti State's N1.1b Allocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Storms Finance Ministry, Demands Ekiti State's N1.1b Allocation (323 Views)

EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron / Herdsmen Killings: Fayose Storms Ipao Ekiti With Security Men (Photos) / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Storms Finance Ministry, Demands Ekiti State's N1.1b Allocation by LePrezident(m): 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State on Wednesday visited the headquarters of ministry of finance and demanded the release of the state’s N1.1bn budget support facility for January 2017.

Fayose visited the ministry and requested to see the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, over the non-payment of the allocation but was told that the finance minister was at the Presidential villa attending the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting.

Addressing journalists at the ministry, Fayose said it is disturbing that Ekiti was the only state that had yet to receive its January allocation.

The governor said that he received a text message from the Central Bank of Nigeria recently that the money had been paid only to be informed again by the apex bank that Ekiti was not included on the list of payments.

This, according to him, is unacceptable as many workers in the state are currently suffering the negative impact of the delay in releasing the fund.

He said, “I believe I should do a follow up today (Wednesday) to meet with the minister of finance for an update, but she actually called me on Tuesday that she just got back but will look into it today (Wednesday) and have it resolved as soon as possible.

“You will however appreciate that Ekiti civil servants are restive, having spent Christmas and there is no money in January, obviously there will be challenges.

“By the time I got here, the minister has already gone for the Federal Executive Council meeting, but I met the Special Adviser, who assured me that the matter will be resolved when the minister is back.

“What we are talking about is a part of the monthly allocation and the budget support which is about N1.1bn that have not been paid.

Continued here: http://nigerianbase.com/fayose-storms-ministry-of-finance-demands-ekiti-states-n1-1bn-allocation-330

(1) (Reply)

"Those Going To Visit Buhari In UK Are Not Helping Him" ----Gov. Fayose Ayodele / #actingactive / PHOTO: Gov Amosun Stops His Convoy To Help Accident Victims In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.