Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,892 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment (1425 Views)

Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? / The Anambra State Governorship Elections: Between Peter Obi And Willie Obiano / Dino Melaye Laughing At The Failure Of Sowore Omoyele & His Sponsors (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Anambra orders 10,000 litres of fire tanker ,3 vehicles.

One for Onitsha,one for Nnewi and one for Awka

They are already in Lagos

Chief Willie Obiano executive Govenor of Anambra state @ the scene of the fire incident in Onitsha

I know he will hear when we call and I know he will answer today and he did exactly that

Willie is Working!
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
This is a Massive Failure by our govt @ The DMGS Onitsha fire Disaster that Delta State saved Onitsha from total Catastrophy yesterday night. People were hailing ' OKOWA! OKOWA! OKOWA!! KA ANYI GA ESO MARYS ONA EJEJE OKOWA KA ANYI GA ESOO!!!!'( Okowa is Delta State Governor)

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Better
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMGS Onitsha fire Disaster Area!

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by freeze001(f): 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
Na problem dey bring solution. Whilst the government ought to be proactive in its activities especially considering that fore outbreaks aren't particularly novel occurrences, I say better late than never. I expect he should also release considerable funds to the affected persons to cushion d effect of their losses.
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Obiano must take governance to The Streets,Roads,Markets,Villages and Cities of Anambra State Before it Becomes too Late or KISS GOODBYE TO THE AWKA GOVT HOUSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by LasGidiOwner: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Investnow, are you the same person as musiwa?
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Investnow, are you the same person as musiwa?
Do you know what happened last night?. Obiano today @ the site of the fire incident was totally embarrassed by the failure and the Billions of money wasted as a result.We cannot afford to lose Anambra State to another Party!
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by nonsobaba: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
Op, i have warned u before that smoking of dried cow dung is not good for ur health, no matter the time of d day. The Anambra fire-service arrived the scene and battled the fire alongside their delta state counterparts. But if u had any idea of how a fire from a tanker and a petrol station full of inflammble liquids, rages and spreads quickly, u won't have typed such gibberish. The only way the damage would have been minimal is if the fire-fighters had fore-knowledge of what would happen and were already positioned at the site, waiting.

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by nonsobaba: 10:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
It seems to me that u can't get high until u mention Obiano's name.
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by basilo102: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nna eh, Thank God for saving Kamo Plaza oo. As for Obiano's fire equipment, i would say better late than never as someone said above

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Blue3k(m): 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol @Naijiant the Anambra trolls will avoid this thread. You've been vindicated. Fact is these guys are political prostitute only interested in worshiping their governor like a bunch of beta male cucks.

3 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
Obiano Pledges Support to Victims of Onitsha fire Incident

By James Eze (eziokwubundu@gmail.com)

The government of Anambra State shall assist the 15 families that were displaced by the petrol tanker fire incident that took place at the DMGS Roundabout in Onitsha yesterday by paying their rent in new residential buildings in the vicinity of their burnt residences for one year to help them find their footing in life again.

The Governor of Anambra State made this declaration during his tour of the scene of the fire outbreak on Thursday after cutting short his participation in the National Economic Council meeting in Abuja upon hearing of the fire incident which caused extensive damage in the vicinity around the famous Denis Memorial Grammar School (DMGS), Onitsha.

Governor Obiano who stormed the scene straight from the airport was visibly worried by the scope of observable damage done by the fire also revealed that it was strange that the state recorded five different fire incidents at almost the same time in one day. He listed the locations as a spot near UNIZIK, Ugwu Akpati Ozu in Nnewi, St Michaels in Nimo, a location in Okpuno Awka and the DMGS Roundabout in Onitsha.

Said he, “What I will do about this incident is that first, I will set up a committee with the assistance of the Obi of Onitsha to look into the incident and establish the number of families affected by the fire. Preliminary reports show that 15 families were displaced. But we must find out who they are. Anambra State government will assist the displaced families to pick up the pieces of their lives. We shall resettle them in other houses in this neighbourhood again. We shall pay their rent for one year to get them started.”

Recalling how he got news of the incident Governor Obiano said, “about 8pm yesterday, when I was about to go into the Governors’ Forum in Abuja, I was informed that there were fire incidents in five different locations in Anambra State. I was very worried that five fire incidents were going on almost at the same time in one state. They started between 7 and 8.30pm. The Fire Service in the state has 12 trucks but as at yesterday only 8 were in good working condition. They spread themselves in five locations. One from Okpoko and another one from Main Market came here almost 30 minutes after the fire started and began to fight the fire here before I called for the support of the Fire Station on the Bridgehead in Delta State because I was worried by the tone of the alarm that was raised.”

Governor Obiano disclosed that he was truly worried by the way the story of the Onitsha fire was told. “From the way they sounded, I didn’t know that I would meet one building standing here. They told me that the whole of this place was on fire and that very soon it would get to DMGS. So, I called for assistance from the Fire Service in Delta and I am very happy that they responded. We thank God that we did not lose any life in all the five fire incidents,” he declared.

The Governor used the opportunity to announce that the state had acquired three special Fire-fighting Trucks with a capacity to store 10,000 litres water, 750 litres of foam and 75kg of powder. One of the trucks would be permanently stationed in Onitsha Main Market, one in Nnewi and one in Awka.

He also announced that going forward the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) in the state would impound any vehicle coming into Anambra State that does not have good tyres in order to ensure safety on the roads in the state and further pointed out that in the coming weeks, safety barriers would be erected on the three flyovers in Awka to prevent long haulage trucks from climbing them and either falling off them or breaking down atop the bridges.

The Governor flayed the growing tendency in many Nigerians to take photographs of disasters in total disregard of their own personal safety. Said he; “I learnt that while the fire was blazing here last night, some people were busy taking photographs of the inferno so that they would post them online. That was dangerous. If the petrol tank had exploded while they were taking those pictures, the body count would have been unimaginable. So, next time, if you are not helping to fight a fire, please, please, please; run, run, run for your dear life!”

According to him, preliminary inquiries had revealed that some of the fire outbreaks were caused by bush burning. “I wish to appeal to the Igwes and Presidents General of the various town unions to ensure that the practice of burning bushes is stopped in their domain. So, we outlaw bush burning in Anambra State with immediate effect,” he further announced.

Governor Obiano expressed gratitude to God that no life was lost in the five fire incidents that happened simultaneously in the state, expressing optimism that the special committee that he planned to set on the development would be able to advise him on what he should so differently going forward. He also expressed his gratitude to the governor of Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa from whose domain the fire fighters had come to support the fire teams from Okpoko and Main Market in a combined effort that put out the fire to forestall a further spread to other buildings in the locality.

He was accompanied on tour of the fire scene by the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe, the State Commissioner of Police and the members of his cabinet.

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Naijiant: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol @Naijiant the Ambra trolls will avoid this thread. You've been vindicated. Fact is these guys are political prostitute only interested in worshiping their governor like a bunch of beta male cucks.
grin Thank you bro. I only just saw this thread. Shameless people.

2 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by OreMI22: 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Just look at the yeye filling station that caused the fire.

People have been complaining to close these filling stations in residential areas because they are a fire hazard....and now, the fire has truly happened!

2 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by kurt09(m): 12:17am On Feb 17, 2017
Reactive politician. Anambra Fire service is ineffective. Either they don't have water or no fuel. Asaba fire service saving Onitsha from being combusted since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Huddler: 12:23am On Feb 17, 2017
investment2013 keep the good work.
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by adadike281(f): 2:41am On Feb 17, 2017
Obiano, God bless you. you are indeed akpokuedike. Nothing beats d prompt and positive response and actions of a chief security officer during disastrous outbreaks.

2 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by AtlanticBreeze: 3:54am On Feb 17, 2017
investnow2013:
Obiano must take governance to The Streets,Roads,Markets,Villages and Cities of Anambra State Before it Becomes too Late or KISS GOODBYE TO THE AWKA GOVT HOUSE!!!
if peter obi your master won second term without buying fire trucks then obiano should be good.. yeye

2 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by dheespectre: 4:37am On Feb 17, 2017
g
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Kingsley1000(m): 6:15am On Feb 17, 2017
obiano is an error

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by LasGidiOwner: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2017
Your hopeless and useless father who can't take care of his family is a mistake.... cool

[s]
Kingsley1000:
my useless father is an error

2 Likes

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by hucienda: 6:30am On Feb 17, 2017
Good one from Gov. Okowa there. Hope the equipment Gov. Obiano is procuring will have a seamless system in place to forestall mishaps like this reoccurring.

@OP, whose statue is that in the foreground in one of the pictures?
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by investnow2013: 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
hucienda:
Good one from Gov. Okowa there. Hope the equipment Gov. Obiano is procuring will have a seamless system in place to forestall mishaps like this reoccurring.

@OP, whose statue is that in the foreground in one of the pictures?
Zik of Africa.
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
ONE FIR SERVICE VEHICLE FOR THE WHOLE ONITSHA..... AND SOME ANIMALS ARE JUMPING UP IN PRAISE.....THAT'S WHY THE POLITICIANS TREAT NIHERIANS LIKE ANIMALS WITHOUT BRAINS THEY ARE
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
I suspect arson terrorism if 5 fires can all start simultaneously at 5 separate locations...from reading Gov. Obiano's account
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Kingsley1000(m): 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
ezenwajosh:
ONE FIR SERVICE VEHICLE FOR THE WHOLE ONITSHA..... AND SOME ANIMALS ARE JUMPING UP IN PRAISE.....THAT'S WHY THE POLITICIANS TREAT NIHERIANS LIKE ANIMALS WITHOUT BRAINS THEY ARE
anambra has been unfortunate in governance

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by asha9: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
Kingsley1000:
my hopeless father has been unfortunate in life

I thought as much because it has been affecting you too..
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by jmoore(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
All these politicians will be traveling to and fro all over the world.

To replicate basic things they see in civlised world seems so hard to them.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Kingsley1000(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
asha9:

I thought as much because it has been affecting you too..
i reside in owerri so it's not affecting me directly...i don't see much difference between obiano and okoroacha,we just hate the latter because he's in apc
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by asha9: 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s]
Kingsley1000:
i reside in owerri so it's not affecting me directly...i don't see much difference between a useless man and my father.

This is why you are cursed. Tell me what a young man like you is doing in Owerri town where the only job opportunity is commercial se.x hawking and poorly paid civil servants that are owed between 10 and 70months salary arrears. You are cursed with your location....
Re: Due To The Failure Of The Anambra State Fire Brigade,obiano Orders Equipment by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
Kingsley1000:
anambra has been unfortunate in governance

THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Only 214 Individuals Pay Tax In Nigeria, FG Laments / .com sport City of / When Will Nigeria's Story Be Like Dubai's transformation story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.