Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps (1200 Views)

Aisha Buhari Donates Relief Materials To Benue Flood Victims / Kwankwaso Donates Relief Materials To Fulani Victims Of Mambila Terrorist Attack / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To IDP Camp Bombing Mistake (PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by olokeded: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Donation of relief items by the Nigerian Customs to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Borno State (PHASE III)

In continuation of the National Logistics Committee's interventions to alleviate the plight of our people affected by the activities of insurgents in the North-East, the Committee was in Maiduguri earlier today for the third phase of items distribution.

The items donated, being from a presidential directive to donate seized perishable items to IDPs are as follows:

- 36,822 (50kg) bags of rice,
- 7,752 (20ltrs) jerry cans of vegetable oil,
- 727 cartons of vegetable oil,
- 3,003 cartons of spaghetti,
- 59 bags of second hand shoes,
- 4 bags of handbags.

Governor Shettima welcomed and thanked the Nigerian Customs service for their gesture, and commended their transparency;

"All they are after is to show compassion and support to the people of the North East. And I believe when the history of this époque is going to be written, the name of the Nigerian Customs Service is going to be written in gold for coming to the aid of fellow Nigerians. In years gone by, some of these food stuff tend to get rotten without being utilized for the good of the people, or they are being auctioned at ridiculously low prices to some interested persons. But lo and behold, this is the third time they are doing this.

"It is quite gratifying to note that the Nigerian Customs Service has displayed a lot of transparency, even by the composition of the team, it goes to show that they have absolutely nothing to hide.

"All they are after is to show compassion and support to the people of the North East. And I believe when the history of this epoque is going to be written, the name of the Nigerian Customs Service is going to be written in gold for coming to the aid of fellow Nigerians. In years gone by, some of these food stuff tend to get rotten without being utilized for the good of the people, or they are being auctioned at ridiculously low prices to some interested persons. But lo and behold, this is the third time they are doing this". Shettima said

The Governor reiterated the fact that the items are very good for human consumption, none is expired, and he will ensure transparency and discipline in the distribution;

"Most importantly, I will even go with the journalists to show to them, just like the last time we did, that none of these food items is an expired commodity. Believe me they are very good for human consumption, and we shall put in place a machinery to ensure transparency and discipline in the distribution of these commodities". he said

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of the National Logistics Committee, ACG Abdulkadir Azarema commended His Excellency, the Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima for his total and selfless commitment to the security and well being of all the people living in the State.

"Let me therefore commend His Excellency, the Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima for his total and selfless committment to the security and well being of all the people living in Borno State. Paying for the transportation of these relief items from various Customs Warehouses across the country to Maiduguri is commendable and represents the State Government's continuous determination to restore IDPs to normal life" ACG Azarema said.

He also assured Governor Shettima of continuous discharge of the assignment with an utmost sense of responsibility, and thanked the Nigerian military of their efforts in creating an enabling environment for IDPs to return to their homes;

"I want to assure His Excellency that members of the National Logistics Committee under the coordination of the Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd), will continue to discharge this assignment with utmost sense of responsibility.

"We therefore urge all those involved in the distribution chain to ensure smooth and transparent distribution to the intended beneficiaries.

"We thank the Nigerian Military for defeating the enemies of our land and creating an enabling environment for IDPs to return to their ancestral homes. We are confident that with supports such as this coming from various people and organisations, we will win back our peace insha Allah". he said

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/photos-nigerian-customs-donates-relief.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Watch as they take ipob goods declared contraband to feed thier northern brethren. A country that feeds its citizens with contraband goods. To think someone is paid huge sums to feed this idp's tomorrow they will march out and start shouting gej/is corrupt, and even now that i've done whistle blowing what what reward do i get instead the "NEVER DO WRONG PARTY MEMBERS/FOLLOWERS" will flood this thread to call me a "WAILER" Allah is watching you

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Akwasi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
H
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
customs should deliver the items personaly...

dont hire private companies to deliver them..

all nigerian civilians are corrupt...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by disumusa: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
Watch as they take ipob goods declared contraband to feed thier northern brethren. A country that feeds its citizens with contraband Allah is watching you
but why yibbo are full of hatred and condemnation of other tribe, surely yibbo will remain rejected in Nigeria
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
Watch as they take ipob goods declared contraband to feed thier northern brethren. A country that feeds its citizens with contraband goods. To think someone is paid huge sums to feed this idp's tomorrow they will march out and start shouting gej/is corrupt, and even now that i've done whistle blowing what what reward do i get instead the "NEVER DO WRONG PARTY MEMBERS/FOLLOWERS" will flood this thread to call me a "WAILER" Allah is watching you

your people are criminals anyways....
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
disumusa:
but why yibbo are full of hatred and condemnation of other tribe, surely yibbo will remain rejected in Nigeria
then do the needful let them go why do you still need them as ur compatriots

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
bantudra:

your people are criminals anyways....
and you steal from the criminals to feed ur hungry brethren ?

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
then do the needful let them go why do you still need them as ur compatriots

let them go where??...in the atlantic ocean...??..

because their is were your bait of biafra is...

your biafra is not on land...its in the atlantic ocean...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
disumusa:
whats hateful in my post compare my post with this and tell me which one is filled with hate. Remember someone is paid to feed these people instead he coners ipob goods instead. Is this ur definition of igbo hatred for other tribes? My point is the corrupt official both of customs and the man under contract to feed them. If ipob goods will feed them why give him the contract. Thats corruption

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
and you steal from the criminals to feed ur hungry brethren ?

who is stealing from you??..

you are sooo fucking greedy,you dont allow nobody to steal from you......

you are stealing everybody dry...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
whats hateful in my post compare my post with this and tell me which one is filled with hate. Remember someone is paid to feed these people instead he coners ipob goods instead. Is this ur definition of igbo hatred for other tribes? My point is the corrupt official both of customs and the man under contract to feed them. If ipob goods will feed them why give him the contract. Thats corruption

illegaly importing things and you get caught is not stealing..

you broke the law...simple..

not all of us think like jonathan and you...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
bantudra:

who is stealing from you??..

you are sooo fucking greedy,you dont allow nobody to steal from you......

you are stealing everybody dry...
so what do u now say about the man who is under contract to feed the idp's what happens to the money. Does he return it to fg since it was not used to buy the items. He coners them into his pockets and you keep quiet cos he is ur brother. Thereby ur saying that his own stealing is not corruption

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by chuka5000(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
nice move,

they should also try to return cars the seized from people who bought them innocently without knowing anything about the fake duty their fellow custom officers gave them at the port/point of entry into naija.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
so what do u now say about the man who is under contract to feed the idp's what happens to the money. Does he return it to fg since it was not used to buy the items. He coners them into his pockets and you keep quiet cos he is ur brother. Thereby ur saying that his own stealing is not corruption

every nigerian does that...even you...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
bantudra:

thats the problem so why do we keep namecalling gej/pdp since its in ur blood. Let me tell you true life story about a catholic bishop o.railey (sic) former bishop of maiduguri the man is irish and served in st patrick maiduguri. There was a time money was needed for a project there was no money. The man traveled to his country to appeal for funds and his people obliged and sent him money in excess of what the project will demand or just more than he requested and they kept sending even more. Then the nigerian people said to him our lord since we have other project to do which will equally take money and is for God why not we use the excess money the man said no he returned that excess money and had to appeal to them to stop sending and thanked them. According to him in ireland you dont act that way as we nigerians do. Thats transparency my friend if apc is acting like this where is that change that begins with me??
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
Emycord:
thats the problem so why do we keep namecalling gej/pdp since its in ur blood. Let me tell you true life story about a catholic bishop o.railey (sic) former bishop of maiduguri the man is irish and served in st patrick maiduguri. There was a time money was needed for a project there was no money. The man traveled to his country to appeal for funds and his people obliged and sent him money in excess of what the project will demand or just more than he requested and they kept sending even more. Then the nigerian people said to him our lord since we have other project to do which will equally take money and is for God why not we use the excess money the man said no he returned that excess money and had to appeal to them to stop sending and thanked them. According to him in ireland you dont act that way as we nigerians do. Thats transparency my friend if apc is acting like this where is that change that begins with me??

if you were the irish,would you have returned the excess money??..ofcourse not...

he loves his people..you dont love yours..

infact not even igbos love igbos...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 12:02am On Feb 17, 2017
bantudra:

and if they do these things to perishable food items have you ever considered what happens to cars and other non perishable items. What happens to generators laptops etc the same contrabands find thier way into our community and someone on pretext of seizing ipob goods enriches himself corruptly and these goods are bought and used by nigerians why not leave the goods for the struggling ipobian . And these are the govt policies that fuell the biafran agitations cos its unjust
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by Emycord: 12:09am On Feb 17, 2017
bantudra:

if you were the irish,would you have returned the excess money??..ofcourse not...

says?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by disumusa: 5:57am On Feb 17, 2017
Emycord:
who told you the goods belong to Igbo you can se that yibbo are confused people
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by auggie340(f): 6:03am On Feb 17, 2017
bantudra:

@bolded...All you've done is to justify corruption and greed.. smh undecidedundecided the fact dah you won't return the excess in the given scenario does not mean no Nigerian would
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by bantudra: 7:01am On Feb 17, 2017
auggie340:

@bolded...All you've done is to justify corruption and greed.. smh undecidedundecided the fact dah you won't return the excess in the given scenario does not mean no Nigerian would

thats the issue here...the love for each other between blacks is very low..

even between the same tribes people its still the same..

the issue is no love for black skin...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Customs Donates Relief Materials To IDP Camps by KevinDein: 8:26am On Feb 17, 2017
Emycord:
you guys just always have to somehow infect a seemingly good thread with your vile and hate. What do they feed you guys over there in the South East? This isn't normal. Funnily you guys genuinely believe you are Christians....and Jews. grin

(1) (Reply)

‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking / Governor Wike Sets Up Christian Trust Fund / Igbos Must Leave The North, Arewa Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.