Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Experience Of A Job Seeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Experience Of A Job Seeker (534 Views)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / Job Seeker Loses Job Out Of Impatience With Company Staff / Any Whatsapp Group On Job Seeker Pls Paste Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Experience Of A Job Seeker by MysticalTee(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
I'm sure this is only one of the several things job seekers face in this country.

Here is a young Nigerian who got laid-off mid last year amidst all the global and country's woes.

He has applied for numerous job openings. One fateful day, he got a message for an interview from one of his numerous applications. He stays in PHC the interview was to hold in Lag.
The msg came a day before the interview so he had to fly down.

Having prepared mentally, physically, prayerfully and with some slight hopes in mind, he got to the interview centre to discover the whole thing was a fake and fraudulent setup by the so called marketing coys.

They called themself PRO-GROUP HOLDINGS with the office at 27 Ayodele Ojo Str, By Traffic Light B/S, Coker Rd, ilupeju Lagos (company name was not given online, it was via some 'recruiters' )

Here is their strategy: they put up job offers (not relating to their marketing or whatever) online in the regular job sites, the unsuspecting public apply, they send messages for interview.

This is my story. I am on my way back to PHC via road as I type this, obviously dejected but not hopeless. (Wasted little money that I am managing to maintain the home and take care of pregnant wify)

Just to let you know, I got another interview invite to one of the jobs (different company o) I applied for right here in the car. And unsurprisingly, it's to hold at the same venue. My mind was like these people should be punished for these kind of acts.

I just wonder how long and how much longer these kind will continue such acts!

Lalasticlala, Mynd44; can you please let people learn from this experience, Thanks!
Re: Experience Of A Job Seeker by ftai: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
MysticalTee:
I'm sure this is only one of the several things job seekers face in this country.

Here is a young Nigerian who got laid-off mid last year amidst all the global and country's woes.

He has applied for numerous job openings. One fateful day, he got a message for an interview from one of his numerous applications. He stays in PHC the interview was to hold in Lag.
The msg came a day before the interview so he had to fly down.

Having prepared mentally, physically, prayerfully and with some slight hopes in mind, he got to the interview centre to discover the whole thing was a fake and fraudulent setup by the so called marketing coys.

They called themself PRO-GROUP HOLDINGS with the office at 27 Ayodele Ojo Str, By Traffic Light B/S, Coker Rd, ilupeju Lagos (company name was not given online, it was via some 'recruiters' )

Here is their strategy: they put up job offers (not relating to their marketing or whatever) online in the regular job sites, the unsuspecting public apply, they send messages for interview.

This is my story. I am on my way back to PHC via road as I type this, obviously dejected but not hopeless. (Wasted little money that I am managing to maintain the home and take care of pregnant wify)

Just to let you know, I got another interview invite to one of the jobs (different company o) I applied for right here in the car. And unsurprisingly, it's to hold at the same venue. My mind was like these people should be punished for these kind of acts.

I just wonder how long and how much longer these kind will continue such acts!

Bro ehn
I dey feel ur pain.
But God dey.
Even me too dey same hustle, but NEVA SAY DIE UNTIL THE BONES ARE ROTTEN.........
Re: Experience Of A Job Seeker by MysticalTee(m): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
Thanks Man!

ftai:

Bro ehn
I dey feel ur pain.
But God dey.
Even me too dey same hustle, but NEVA SAY DIE UNTIL THE BONES ARE ROTTEN.........

(1) (Reply)

Automobile Company Recruitment 2017 (6 Vacant Positions) / Looking For A Computer Operator In Owerri? / Cleaners Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.