Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Hotel Vs School Investment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hotel Vs School Investment (1402 Views)

Hotel Vs Private School Vs Housing: Which Is A More Profitable Investment? / School Investment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Vs School Investment by 001ng: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
I have 3 plots of land in a good environment in Port Harcourt and I have about 50m .

I have plans but I am indifferent on which investment I should go for.

My plans are:

(1)Build a 2 star hotel of about 15 rooms with bush bar and gym .

(2) Build a good primary and secondary school .

Guys, which of these investments can my budget accommodate with a good ROI .

Thanks
Front page will be welcomed.
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by bitcoininvesto(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Do a feasiblity study of your environment. If you have large population of residents, school might be appropriate. If their is high traffic/movement of people, especially strangers, you might consider Hotel n Bar.

1 Like

Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by 001ng: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
bitcoininvesto:
Do a feasiblity study of your environment. If you have large population of residents, school might be appropriate. If their is high traffic/movement of people, especially strangers, you might consider Hotel n Bar.
Thank you.
It is a serene environment and still developing.

2nd question, can 50m be able to achieve any of them?
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by menama(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
It takes a lot of money to start up and run a good hotel. Operating costs (salary, 247electricity, internet and tv bills, facilities maintenance, etc) for hotels are high dia by making profit margins to be low (average between 6 -15%). Patronage can fluctuate greatly, and by season which means you can be operating at lost for half the year, and try to make it up in the other months. It is indeed a though business.

School business on the other hand have a relatively lower operating cost and by extension a greater profit margin. 50m is more than enof to build a standard primary and secondary school in Nigeria. I will go for the school option if I wia in ur shoes.

All the best in your quests.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by Aquablue: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
School business,I reckon,requires far less start up and lower operating cost.
I am an educationist and I am looking into starting up mine as well.
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by 001ng: 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
menama:
It takes a lot of money to start up and run a good hotel. Operating costs (salary, 247electricity, internet and tv bills, facilities maintenance, etc) for hotels are high dia by making profit margins to be low (average between 6 -15%). Patronage can fluctuate greatly, and by season which means you can be operating at lost for half the year, and try to make it up in the other months. It is indeed a though business.

School business on the other hand have a relatively lower operating cost and by extension a greater profit margin. 50m is more than enof to build a standard primary and secondary school in Nigeria. I will go for the school option if I wia in ur shoes.

All the best in your quests.

Regards.
Thanks.
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by 001ng: 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Aquablue:
School business,I reckon,requires far less start up and lower operating cost.
I am an educationist and I am looking into starting up mine as well.
As a non educationists, hope I can handle it?
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by engrgordon(m): 1:28am On Feb 18, 2017
The ROI in school business is very fast, unlike the hotel business. Don't think of hotel business, the cost of running the business is very high. However, I would have advice you to invest in Mega Bush Bar Like Ibari Ogwa bush bar in Owerri. I think ph need such. I have been to Ibari Ogwa severaly. I noticed that 40% of customers travel all the way from Ph to Owerri to patronise them. You can contact me for all your building and environmental design needs.

Regards,
Engr. Gordon.
Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by Aquablue: 4:14am On Feb 18, 2017
As a non educationists, hope I can handle it?[/quote]

Yes you can handle it. You would have to hire an experienced educationist to be in charge of the educational aspect of the sch which is in line wt FG directives.Many schools are run this way even the big guns!!!

Chairman or Director - You
Headteacher/School administrator - Experienced Hire

1 Like

Re: Hotel Vs School Investment by menama(m): 9:40am On Feb 18, 2017
001ng:
Thanks.

U r welcome

(1) (Reply)

Uber Partners & Drivers: Response to Uber's 40% Rate Reduction / Online Store / Digital Marketing Whatsapp Group For Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.