Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' (753 Views)

New Spaceliner Plane Will Fly From London To Sydney In 90 Minutes / Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson / Nigerian Girl 17 Who Travelled To Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
The British billionaire teamed up with renowned aviation designer Burt Rutan to build the Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo, which could be venturing beyond Earth's atmosphere as early 2011.
Sir Richard and his family - including his 92-year-old father - will be on the first flight, the entrepreneur said.
Others booked for a trip to the stars include physicist Stephen Hawking and environmental scientist James Lovelock.
The vessel is based on Rutan's prototype SpaceShipOne. In 2004, the stubby white rocket won the 10 million dollar (£6 million) Ansari X prize after becoming the first privately manned craft to reach space.
Its successor is twice as large and has more windows to enable greater views of Earth as seen from its furthest reaches.
To date the only people who have enjoyed such a view have been the few hundred government-sponsored astronauts and a handful of super-rich star-gazers willing to part with a small fortune for a seat on board a Russian rocket destined for space.
SpaceShipTwo has enough space for six passengers and two pilots.
It is believed that some 300 clients have already paid the 200,000 dollar (£121,500) ticket or put down a deposit for a seat.
Speaking from the Mojave Desert in California, where the vessel has been developed, Sir Richard said: "I have been dreaming about it ever since the Moon landing - that one day I would get the chance to go into space. Nasa, I suppose, didn't think that you or me would like to go into space.
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2009
Interseting.

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Any source?
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by mamagee3(f): 2:32am On Dec 09, 2009
Interesting!!! tongue
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by suxes2005(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2009
I love this man and I believe one 1 day i'll be like him

SHALOM
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 09, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by flekan(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
chaircover:

I shake like a leaf flying from London to Lagos, so I will be "passing" on flying to space even if I had a free ticket. Thanks but no thanks smiley

Lol!!
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by noblegas2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2009
chaircover:

I shake like a leaf flying from London to Lagos, so I will be "passing" on flying to space even if I had a free ticket. Thanks but no thanks smiley
@ chaircover, hahhhahahahaa, ow bowt me givin u a free 1st class ticket to Auckland
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by justwise(m): 10:11am On Dec 13, 2009
chaircover:

Thanks but no thanks to your offer grin

If I could drive to Nigeria sef, I would. The only reason why I choose direct flights to Nigeria is becuse I have to take off and land only once grin

I always make sure that I buy Baileys at duty fee so I can take swigs during the flight to calm my nerves & catch some sleep and am drunk as a skunk by the time we land spending the next day in bed with a nasty headache sad

Hahaha. . . Honestly u are a character, i love Baileys, though free duty is not really cheap, its even cheaper in morrison.
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by noblegas2(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ chaircover, dts Bleep!n funny. Wats D farthest distance u ve ever travelled by air?
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by justwise(m): 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2009
chaircover:

Its cheaper in tescos et al[b] but they won't let me lug a 1 litre bottle through airport security with this 100 ml max liquid law [/b] so I have no choice but to buy it after I pass through security angry

Yea, its a prob, the last time i was traveling to hong kong i had to bin my mouth wash and body cream at the airport cos i 4got abt the 100 ml law and had to buy the so called duty free.
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2009
I'm with Chaircover on this one.

I will definitely pass on this one.

Any kind of Air travel scares me shitless. I took some tablets to knock me out when i last flew to Nigeria.
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
grin @ Chaircover, don't worry Branson isn't going to hassle you on this one.
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
Re: Time To Go To Space, Branson Unveils His 'spaceliner' by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
ehn! You fit give Branson make dem forget you for space, i'm sure the place is not so bad for people to pay that much . grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Smash Police Vehicle In China. / Get A Belize Visa In Two Weeks / Airline Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.