Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! (951 Views)

Wakanda Forever: The New Viral Pose At Nigerian Wedding Receptions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:00am On Feb 18, 2017
After blessing the marriage (which not everyone shows up to), the wedding reception hall is already filled with guests who are attending basically for food and...

What’s so special about a wedding reception anyway? Unnecessary spending of money and time.

So I thought, why can’t one have a church service and just share the food and gifts immediately after, and everyone goes home. This way, you get to save a lot of money from renting out a hall and costs of hiring wedding vendors (Not to mean that wedding vendors won’t get jobs, they can still be part of the church service, for example, a wedding decorator can still do some works to beautify the church, the emcee can be called in to be the officiating minister).

Also, you get to save a lot of time- time for moving from church to reception, waiting for the reception to kick off and the hours it takes. Speaking of time (and energy), I learnt of a couple who had their introduction, traditional wedding, white wedding and reception party all in one day! (shoot me!), I mean, where would they even get the strength to....

The point is to take out the core segments in the usual reception line-up and incorporate it into the church service to save money, time and energy and keep the stress (and those arguments that always surfaces at every reception) away!

The couple would miss out on the money ‘sprayed’ at the reception...?

Well, an offering collection for the couple can be done during the church service, this way...

At this point, I don’t see why having a wedding reception may be compulsory but since everyone does it, well…

Do you think having wedding reception is a must-do?

Source: http://justiceokwudike.com/2017/02/18/i-think-wedding-receptions-are-overrated/

Re: Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by Bilabong(m): 6:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Is it ur wedding?
Is it ur time? ur money? ur reception?

op which one is ur own sef?
Re: Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by peeps4u: 6:54am On Feb 18, 2017
OP, reception is not really necessary, it's all just for fun. But if you have the financial wherewithal, why not? You do it once in your life.

As for just sharing food and go after church/mosque wedding service, I have heard of couple who did exactly that; they just shared the packs to people as they were leaving the church and that was it, no reception or fanfare

The success of a marriage is not determined by how flamboyant the wedding is, plan your wedding according to your financial capability. If you have the money to hold your wedding in the moon and host the world, please go ahead, if you don't have the means to host beyond the parents, do that also. The most important thing is the joining of the wife and the husband which could be done at the church or court as you wish.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Receptions Are Overrated! by ainatemitayo(m): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wedding receptions may be overrated,but marriage being a once in a lifetime Event,You would need the best venue for your event,Visit https://spacebook.ng/space to get access to the Best venues at a discounted price.... You can also get more Tips About Mistakes to Avoid on our blog https://blog.spacebook.ng/2017/02/8-key-success-factors-marketing-event-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Lagos Corper, Jude Okorharen / Mc/compere (corporate, Social, Religious Events) Contacts Update / Ultra Modern Events Hall For Rent For 55,000 At Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.