Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother (24103 Views)

Trucks Of Fertilizer Disappeared Miraculously Under Previous Governments- Buhari / Hand Shake Across The Niger In Enugu: FFK, Ubah, Mimiko, Olu Falae Spotted / Mimiko Saves Dying Child From Accident Scene (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by gebest: 6:12am On Feb 18, 2017
•Says his father threatened not to accept him

Olusola Fabiyi

Madam Muyinat, mother of the outgoing Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, has said that his son disappeared from her womb when his pregnancy was five and half months old.

She said that it was amazing that his son’s pregnancy suddenly disappeared while her hitherto protruded stomach became flat.

She added that the baby inside her womb was also not kicking anymore.

The governor’s mother stated this in his son’s new book titled “Mimiko’s Odyssey: A Biography of Revelations.”

The book was presented to the public in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Wednesday.

Madam Muyinat said, “His birth? I had a child before him. The governor is my second child. When his pregnancy was about five and a half months, it suddenly disappeared.

“It didn’t kick, not any sign of pregnancy in my womb again. The stomach that was protruded suddenly went flat.”

Apart from the alleged disappearance of the governor’s pregnancy, the book also revealed that his father, Pa. Atiku Famimikomi, took seriously ill when his (the governor’s) mother was carrying the pregnancy.

The ailing father was said to have insisted that if his wife was not delivered of the baby on October 3, 1954, then he was not responsible for the pregnancy.

However, the book said that the father did not divulge the reason why he picked the date to anyone before he died.

The book said, “Aside the pregnancy seemingly disappearing, as narrated by Mama Muyinat Mimiko, it is also on record that the conception of Olusegun Mimiko coincided with when his father, Pa Atiku Mimiko, took seriously ill.

“The father, even on his sick bed, kept reiterating to whoever cared to listen that if the child was not delivered on October 3, then it would mean that he was not responsible for the pregnancy.

“Why he was so emphatic about the date is unknown to anyone, and may never be known, as the father did not divulge it before his demise.

According to Mama Mimiko, Pa Atiku was used to guessing the time for her deliveries but had never been so insistent on the exact date as he did in the governor’s case. As fate would have it, on the morning of October 3, 1954, Mama Mimiko started feeling the pangs of childbirth and was taken to the hospital by her mother.

“She had moved to the mother’s house when the pressure from her in-laws was becoming unbearable. According to her, the family members were uncomfortable about her husband’s illness and blamed her for it. This was compounded by her husband’s insistence on the exact date on which the child had to be born for him to accept it.

“At noon on October 3, the child was born and the news got to the family. The father was filled with joy and he exclaimed, ‘That is alright. Alhamdulilai, Oluwasegun!’ This was to become one of the names of the newborn.

“As is customary in most cultures, including the Islamic and Yoruba, a child is formally named on the eighth day. Eight days after his birth, therefore, Islamic clerics gathered and the child was first named Abdulrahman, then his father named him Oluwasegun (meaning, God has given us victory) and his mother named him Abayomi (Ota i ba yomi Oluwa ni oje), meaning “but for God, my enemies would have derided me”.

The book also explained how Mimiko is now popularly known as “Iroko”.

It said, “The versatility and complexities of the personality of Iroko are invoked in the socio-political character of Olusegun Mimiko, who had named his farm Iroko Farm because the Iroko is generally perceived as the King of the forest.

“Following his numerous political battles and triumphs, his political calculations and strategies, strength of character, courage in the face of adversity, and daring political manoeuvres, Mimiko has been transformed in the eyes of his followers into that feared and revered Iroko man in Yoruba mythology with his superhuman capacities.

“The name Iroko, by spontaneous popular concession, buoyed by Mimiko’s political exploits, has been foisted on him to emphasise his indomitable political adventures and politicking, especially after facing internal and external opponents in his re-election bid and triumphing gallantly.”

Mimiko, whose tenure would expire as the governor of Ondo State on February 23, also explained how he became a politician.

He said his first political party was the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria, but explained that he joined the faction under the leadership of the late former Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Chief Akin Omoboriowo.

During this time, the UPN was then factionalised between the former governor of the state, Chief Adekunle Ajasin and his deputy, Akin Omoboriowo.

Both of them are now late.

Mimiko said, “That time, there was no question as to what party I was going to join. UPN was already my party. The first day, I just wanted to register with a political party. I went to the UPN Secretariat; I said I wanted to register.

“Then they asked, ‘Which faction?’ Then I said, ‘Faction?’ That was 1982. I had my NYSC in 1981. They said which faction because there was Ajasin faction and Omoboriowo faction. Then I remembered that Ogunye, my lecturer, was also a UPN activist.

“ I then said there was a lecturer called Dr. Ogunye. I asked which faction he was. They said that was the frontline man in Omoboriowo’s camp. Then I said that was where they should put my name. “

He explained that there was no other reason why he joined the faction other than his lecturer’s radicalism, especially how he said he (Ogunye) slapped a contractor at Ife, which he said was still fresh in his mind.

“There was no other reason other than his radicalism, especially how he slapped a contractor at Ife was still fresh in my mind. And when I was to be disciplined, he stood and defended me.” he added.

https://www.punchng.com/mimikos-pregnancy-disappeared-womb-five-months-mother/amp/?client=ms-android-tecno

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Prestywillz1(f): 6:15am On Feb 18, 2017
S for serious... He is a problem chierge, oh sorry Jare, I want to say dat guy is a wonderful pikin. Gudmrn everyone.... It's a beautiful day, and happy to be alive. To God be the Glory.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by xreal: 6:17am On Feb 18, 2017
ok, I hear.

miracle baby kwo?
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 18, 2017
No wonder good governance disappeared from Ondo state after 5 years

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:24am On Feb 18, 2017
He must be a Scandinavian grin

1 Like

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by inourcare: 6:28am On Feb 18, 2017
Abayomi, Ok
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmmm, how e take come back?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by orunto27: 7:23am On Feb 18, 2017
That's why he's Mimiko.
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by kolado(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmm mimiko
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by okekekelechib(m): 8:33am On Feb 18, 2017
MImiko d disappearing and appearing pikin... So u loss inside belle, no wonder ur state lacks direction....

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by omenkaLives(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2017
So we should do what exactly with this info? undecided

We are talking Chairman Sheriff, you are talking nonsense.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by martineverest(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2017
i have been laffin uncontrollably since i read d headlines

madam,he went to do IT inside ur breast before descending

1 Like

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by KanwuliaExtra: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
HIS or HER womb? undecided

AFONJAS and JUJU are like ? ? ? embarassed
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
Sips Agbo .... interesting

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
Hahahahahaha make we follow cry abi wetin?
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by darfay: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
Liers

1 Like

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by OBIGS(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2017
Mimiko the miracle baby.
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Barmmyshoes(f): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
Hmmmmm. Nothing wey person no go hear. Madam, forget pregnancy story jooor. Thats a thing of the past and follow Mimiko talk about his own contribution on how Nigeria go take better. Recession is biting hard abi you no dey feel am?

Check my signature for your stylish and quality footwear.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Kobicove(m): 8:55am On Feb 18, 2017
Oh really? undecided
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Chidizman(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
He's an Alien cheesy
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by KingPacko: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Afonjas and Lais ehh, sorry lies, are like 5 and 6. Abeg who get that Zuma's picture?

The pregnancy disappeared and you didn't tell us how it reappeared.

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Ukalejohn(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Naso
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by datola: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2017
She did not tell us how the pregnancy reppeared.

Mimiko and his iroko self adulation story.

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by sosy25: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2017
I thought this man has left office. The election took place a long time ago why is he still in office?
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by mrmrmister: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2017
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by passyhansome(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2017
Now I see where he learnt his Criminal tactics from, he went for training
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by idris4r83(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2017
So he has been an opposition right from his fetal life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Chidonc(m): 9:03am On Feb 18, 2017
lol, e don't tey wey our problem start for this country, no wonder things dey disappear, from money to properties, when our governor na Chief oracle from belle
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Amoyinoluwa24: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
EastGold:
No wonder good governance disappeared from Ondo state after 5 years
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2017
E no mean anytin abeg
Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by lastmaster(m): 9:09am On Feb 18, 2017
so dis man done tey make him dey suffer people, he suffer d mother wella when him dey inside womb.appearing and disappearing.Shey, him be merlin ni?

Re: Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother by seangy4konji: 9:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Itunmo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Of Affairs In Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District - Akwa Ibom PDP / Naira, Fuel Crises: Lagos Begins Distribution Of Palliatives / PAJAWIRI: Banji Akintoye Unveils Mobile App To Track Kidnap Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.