Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) (35097 Views)

Zamfara Government Shuts Down School, Suspends Staff Over ‘Desecration’ Of Quran / Landmark University, Omu Aran Library (Photos) / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Rahym001(m): 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
and they will surely pay twice the amount of what they distroyed when the school finally resume
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by marv1: 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
U never know anything. U are asking for 3 months, a school that has been closed indefinately. Ok o . If u people are lucky u might stay home for 1yr with heavy levy awaiting u. Just go and learn something for 3 to 4 mnths to begin to earn money otherwise na boredom be that.
Zaheertyler:

It was peaceful until the vc ran away...we'll pay na...abeg make school close for three months abeg...futo dun tire me....
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
The school wud be locked For up to 2 months and they will still be Reparation Fee. Students be wise
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
shocked Na double these kids go pay, grin why riot , simple protest would be better,D angry
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Drenix(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nawa oooo** dis reminded me of my school daya back den at FEDPOLYNEKEDE wen similar act happened* we sitdown 4 house sote house tire we immediately dey call off d suspension werin follow na exam u nid c massive failure, withdrawal etc. that one no end dia we pay damage fee, even students dat were given admission d following year and d year after paid heavily. But truth be told naija students are suffering. My lecturer dos days wiil tell u if u dont buy my handout, material etc he will fail u, i swear him go fail u without looking back. So many injustice in naija universities, talking about SUG d ones VC/Rectors appoints.RUBBISH!!!!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD I WUD WORK HARD SO DAT MY CHILDREN WUD HAVE D BEST QUALITY EDUCATION IN LIFE EVEN IF NA 4 DEM TO GO GHANA GO SCHOOL I GO DO AM 4 DEM

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by christabell18(f): 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
deepwater:
They do not practice scientific Aluta in all other schools....

Stop destroying your own, learn to preserve it even during the struggle...

------------------------------------
Great Ife, Great Ife, Remain Great Ife!
Scientific Aluta, with Maturity,
Great Ife, Great Ife, Remain Great Ife!!!
GREAT IFE! GREAT IFE!
Africa's most beautiful campus
cautious,vigilant ,progressive
aluta against all oppressions
forward ever backward never
for learning and culture
sports and struggle
GREAT IFE! GREAT!.
I LOVE U
there's only one GREAT IFE in d universe
another GREAT IFE is a counterfeit.
GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by engrchykae(m): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
freecocoa:
Yeye students, they can't just protest without being nuisances, very stupid fellows, they are the ones that would still pay for the damages, added to the hiked fees, which they'll still end up paying, nonsense.
nice students like you are the reason the leadership of this country wake up from sleep and roll predatory and exploitative policies without fear of consequences.take your docile and timid self to convenant,madonna or the deeper life glorified secondary schools.we are talking of aluta and u are talking like a kid on children's day outing.

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by marv1: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
U people had a good point against the VC but going to the extreme of breaking things, u people have lost the battle and u have succeeded in making the VC richer because he is going to make u people pay for every single thing destroyed.
Zaheertyler:
Please b4 you judge us...listen to our own part of the story...we've suffered for too long. How many of you here have been to futo...only one bank in a full school ..you can stay at the bank for 6 hours without withdrawing...imagine that bastard of a vc..increasing our tuition and giving us two days ultimatum to pay....is that not pure wickedness.... Even lecturers came out to support us...because they felt our pain...even our course registration self....abeg if I start saying things... It won't end ...
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Ibj50(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
Jessicaseth:
Riot is never the way forward.
Hello nairaland it's good to be here finally
hi
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by woodboi(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
pokipoki:
They are destroying the library that managed to give them little knowledge and hope. How do they intend to read and do proper research? Later when no company employs them, they will criticize the government and say the standard of education in Nigeria is low. Talk of vicious circle of poverty!!!

I can't help but laff reading the comments here, you have to be a student, past student or have a vast knowledge about the school, b4 u can understand the reasons behind all these. That library is as good as none, the main Futo library is at "BUSHPATH", students keep paying for service they don't use (including ICT and Afrihub payment).

Mind! This is d first time i'm hearing Futoite pushing for their grievance dis far, you dare not try this in my dayz or stand to air your opinion, including d SUG excos ( That's how dey add 2 yrs 2 ur 5yrs or 6 if u did PD to make it 8yrs and if you are not lucky enough another 1yr waiting for service after sch). Secondly, If man 'o' war don't use you as their meal ticket for the rest of your stay or disgrace you in-front of hostel C.

As much as I like GloryLand, I can burn down d whole building for the insensitive ways d demigods called lecturers handle matters. It hurts, many graduates without the knowledge of their results from year 1 - 5, just a statement of result showing your grade when its all said and done, but for 4 to 5 years one can't actually have access to his/her performance, leaving students with heavy mindset and paranoia behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Spazwik: 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
They should do things they can replace, like this statue is nice removal, they can just put it back in the ground
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Jayjey(m): 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
Make them ready for reparation fee.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
What were they even protesting against sef? Ah, c'mon
I know some schs are very good in frustrating students Buh, they should just take it easy
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
make I beta go dey hustle for 50k for damage fees #abujahereicome
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
I Only pity the ones that weren't involved in the act. Come to think of the fact that the whole student will pay, have we considered those who weren't part of the destruction? And whose parents are presently struggling extra to ensure they pay for their tuition? Most of the people involved might be those who don't care about paying back or might be even street urchins not regarded as students! And somebody here is generalizing without remorse!! Put yourselves in the aforementioned category of students deemed innocent and review your comments over again!
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Gkemz: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
Every violent protest normally starts as a peaceful demonstration which is usually hijacked by hoodlums and cultists. These small boys don't know the kind of shit they've entered into. The school fees will now be tripled. Youths should learn how to channel their grievances to the authority in a diplomatic way.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by freecocoa(f): 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
engrchykae:
nice students like you are the reason the leadership of this country wake up from sleep and roll predatory and exploitative policies without fear of consequences.take your docile and timid self to convenant,madonna or the deeper life glorified secondary schools.we are talking of aluta and u are talking like a kid on children's day outing.
You don't have sense, if you are still a uni student, better face your book and quit going about stealing/damaging properties.

F00l, let's see how damaging of properties will bring about the change the students seek, blawdy neanderthal.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by akigbemaru: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Futo wahala.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by DanPel(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
FutMinna just turn the uni upside down cos of sm1's death(i do sympathize),Futo turns riot cos of schl fees. Do you guys know what we've bin passing 2ru in Futa since aug/sept 2016?,even of recent we lost a D.E student to JAC wahala,yet no strike or schl shutting down. Na God,and believin it will be better,by we the student. Proudly a Futarian,and may God brit 2ru all this Unis+Futa
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Kruzilano(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
coolesmile:
Unserious students.
oga u will not shut up now... would u pay acceptance fee twice? almost 124k for yr1 den additional 10k increment, almost 30 to reg courses.... u avnt bought textbooks... u pay for medicals that was included in your fees at first... u better respect yaslf.... wetin futo gan dey teach

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by montumonami(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
just remind me of june12 of uniuyo.......after all the gingering you still pay for the damages
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by stunningjudy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
Zaheertyler:
Please b4 you judge us...listen to our own part of the story...we've suffered for too long. How many of you here have been to futo...only one bank in a full school ..you can stay at the bank for 6 hours without withdrawing...imagine that bastard of a vc..increasing our tuition and giving us two days ultimatum to pay....is that not pure wickedness.... Even lecturers came out to support us...because they felt our pain...even our course registration self....abeg if I start saying things... It won't end ...
Your protest isn't unfounded, your attitude towards it is the problem. You have now incurred more expenses for your parents and have wasted your time. You will pay damages and loose time on school calendar. When you graduate and NYSC delays you too, hope you know that there are age limits for jobs in Nigeria? People passed through FUTO before you so calm down, violence is never the answer.

3 Likes

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Obcglobal(m): 4:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
It is a pity that some refuse to learn from history' violence can not solve any problem but dialogue. Even those that seems to be learned are behaving like touts what an irony.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by crianx: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
Now,no one is even saying what the students have been passing through...pls do not forget that there is no smoke without fire....the reason why this country is still the way it is,is that ourleaders have taken our humility for stupidity and trampled on our pride,looking us into our eyes expe ting our fight back....education is not a privilege,it is our right......aluta continua,victory acerta...

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Kylekent59: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
All those guys/ladies scamming dir parents of school fees are in serious trouble for the real school fees is on d news grin grin grin
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by basmur(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
weldone guys....thumb up for you for giving the school management another means to exploit you..........them mgt go be like oppee oo....maga must pay...
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Temptee101(m): 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Prince3d:
Nairalanders are busy wagging their mouths without knowing what really happened. SMH..
You dey mind those cretins, that's all they know how to do "bark"
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
some fools been commenting like clowns... what's the fuss about..we will pay ,we will pay?

yes we will buh u think the VC and all his cohorts ain't got their own shii to pack?..

how about there rivals? how about some questions from above..how about explanation on how for many years this is the most violent protest in many years since the school emerged..

u think the vc is gon sit down and be rejoicing via increments of fees and damages ..

its now he is gonna sit his asss up and know that shii is for real..

3 Likes

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by obyrich(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
I support your protest but condemn destruction of properties. You scored zero.
Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by charlesklaus(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
krattoss:
some fools been commenting like clowns... what's the fuss about..we will pay ,we will pay?

yes we will buh u think the VC and all his cohorts ain't got their own shii to pack?..

how about there rivals? how about some questions from above..how about explanation on how for many years this is the most violent protest in many years since the school emerged..

u think the vc is gon sit down and be rejoicing via increments of fees and damages ..

its now he is gonna sit his asss up and know that shii is for real..

Well said bro, you made a point..

1 Like

Re: Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) by charlesklaus(m): 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
tillaman:
These students has successfully made the university Richer by damaging infrastructures, God for then coz y'all re gonna pay to d last dime!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University New Rules: Sacked Fmr. Registrar, Oludayo Reacts / ASUU Strike From 1999 To 2022 And Duration / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.