Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Npower: Opportunity Or Bias - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Npower: Opportunity Or Bias (1268 Views)

Npower Startup Nigeria Registration 2019 / Npower Nigeria IBM Jumpstart Competition: How To Apply! / FG May Replace Unverified NPOWER Beneficiaries Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by benitochakone(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Seun kindly assist to push this onto FP as I am quite sure a lot of young qualified people will agree with what I have to say.
I am actually gainfully employed but I applied for my wife some time last year. She took the exams like every other candidate, passed and was told to upload her details via their portal. She also attended every verification process under Sabon Gari L.G.A in Zaria Kaduna state. Only for the first stipends in December to be paid and she wasn't credited. I kept on encouraging her that she should be patient it might just be a little bleep. When it was taking to long she decided to check on the L.G.A to see if anyone could attend to her. The staff of the L.G.A didn't seem to have any information. In fact I seem to get more information via Nairaland than the staff of the LGA. She left Zaria to Kaduna secretariat as advised by well meaning nairalanders on four occasions all to no avail. Nobody in the L.G.A seems to know what is happening. Some suggested that perhaps people with such issues probably had conflicting bvn/ credentials. I have personally checked that of my wife and everything is OK. I am sure I not only represent the interests of my wife but that of several other thousands of people as my wife categorically told me they were asked to write down their names on a list with large numbers of people who had similar issues on one of her visit to Kaduna. As we speak now, lucky candidates are being paid January stipends.my questions are these
1) what rationale is being used to determine who gets paid and who dosent
2)obviously there isn't a perfect system. But every system anticipates challenges that may arise. Did npower not forsee some of this issues happening? Now that these issues are happening, what have they done to regularise
3) Feedback is key in every thing one does in life. Why are candidates not getting the required feedback. A lot of people across states are already discouraged and many more will soo. Follow suit.
4) Has anyone been disqualified?? If yes, why and with concrete evidence
My wife suggested the government may have a selected number of candidates they can pay as against the 200,000 widely publicised as being accepted into the programme and that once they reach that quota others can go worry for themselves. I don't want to believe this but if nothing is done in the next few days then I may be forced to agree
I hope by this medium good and well meaning Nigerians can add their voices and be heard.

2 Likes

Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by janengozi(f): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Same thing happens to me. no December and January stipend. I had sent countless number of mail to them and still no feedback from them. I even went to NOA office and they told am well verified.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by janengozi(f): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
Same thing happens to me. no December and January stipend. I had sent countless number of mail to them and still no feedback from them. I even went to NOA office and they told me am well verified.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by Dominny: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
I found my self in the same situation, although am from Enugu, my colleagues here have received two months stipends, I ve not seen even one. Am getting discouraged at the moment especially knowing that I don't have any issue with bvn update and I ve since been duely verified. The worst thing is there is no explanation for all these short comings by the organizers who only allow affected participants to worry themselves to death if possible.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by Esidene977: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
I have not been paid too, both Dec and Jan. I rep. Enugu
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
benitochakone:
Seun kindly assist to push this onto FP as I am quite sure a lot of young qualified people will agree with what I have to say.
I am actually gainfully employed but I applied for my wife some time last year. She took the exams like every other candidate, passed and was told to upload her details via their portal. She also attended every verification process under Sabon Gari L.G.A in Zaria Kaduna state. Only for the first stipends in December to be paid and she wasn't credited. I kept on encouraging her that she should be patient it might just be a little bleep. When it was taking to long she decided to check on the L.G.A to see if anyone could attend to her. The staff of the L.G.A didn't seem to have any information. In fact I seem to get more information via Nairaland than the staff of the LGA. She left Zaria to Kaduna secretariat as advised by well meaning nairalanders on four occasions all to no avail. Nobody in the L.G.A seems to know what is happening. Some suggested that perhaps people with such issues probably had conflicting bvn/ credentials. I have personally checked that of my wife and everything is OK. I am sure I not only represent the interests of my wife but that of several other thousands of people as my wife categorically told me they were asked to write down their names on a list with large numbers of people who had similar issues on one of her visit to Kaduna. As we speak now, lucky candidates are being paid January stipends.my questions are these
2)obviously there isn't a perfect system. But every system anticipates challenges that may arise. Did npower not forsee some of this issues happening? Now that these issues are happening, what have they done to regularise
3) Feedback is key in every thing one does in life. Why are candidates not getting the required feedback. A lot of people across states are already discouraged and many more will soo. Follow suit.
My wife suggested the government may have a selected number of candidates they can pay as against the 200,000 widely publicised as being accepted into the programme and that once they reach that quota others can go worry for themselves. I don't want to believe this but if nothing is done in the next few days then I may be forced to agree
I hope by this medium good and well meaning Nigerians can add their voices and be heard.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
benitochakone:
most applicants affected by the non-payment are women who are married and have done a change of name. In this case, there may be a conflict with the name they used in registering for the programme and the BVN/Acct nos.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by Dominny: 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Mod pls do the needful by moving this thread to the front page as it represent the cry of a thousand affected participant from across the country whose faith in this programme is right now shaking.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by benitochakone(m): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
queenjuli:
most applicants affected by the non-payment are women who are married and have done a change of name. In this case, there may be a conflict with the name they used in registering for the programme and the BVN/Acct nos.
Thanks for your comments but I haven't even done a change of name for my wife yet. She still maintains her maiden name as the same detail on bvn. She also used the same name to register
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by janengozi(f): 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
queenjuli:

what of unmarried ones
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by imam07: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
Dominny:
Mod pls do the needful by moving this thread to the front page as it represent the cry of a thousand affected participant from across the country whose faith in this programme is right now shaking.
Seun and his Co moderators will not do the needful when the trend is not about mmm.
Try talk against mmm and u will see the topic will be moved to the front page within 2 minutes. Bias moderators.
Re: Npower: Opportunity Or Bias by smithyemy: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2017
my experience is even funny! ve been posted(river state).ve reported to where i was posted.ve started teaching.but,up till now ve not been paid 4 december and january.i spent close to 1k every time i travell to d school i was posted.the funnies thing is that peopple that ve not reported at all have been paid 4 december and january.what will i do?am just speechless

(1) (Reply)

Got Invited By Tyonex Nig.ltd How Genuine Is The Company / Bekaufman Digitech / Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.