Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Discovery Jeep - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Discovery Jeep (1753 Views)

2011 Land Rover Discovery 4 / 1998 Landrover Discovery For Quick Sale (Just Arrived). / Fairly Used Suzuki Xl7 Jeep For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discovery Jeep by ALHAJIali(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
Pls I need an advise from nairalanders,i imported a very clean 04 LANDROVER DISCOVERY SE7,SOMEONE DEPOSITED 500K TO HOLD THE CAR,A WEEK LATER HE SAID HE WANT TO GIVE ME ANOTHER POSTDATED CHEQUE OF 500K(SOLD FOR 2500000)SO THAT HE WANT ME TO GIVE HIM THE CAR AFTER CASHING THE SECOND CHQ,I KNOW HIS HOUSE,I ASK FOR A POSTDATE CHQ FOR THE BALANCE NOT MORE THAN 30 DAYS,THIS HE DID AND I TRUSTED MY JEEP TO THIS GUY,HE REGISTERED THE CAR USED IT FOR ALMOST 90DAYS,LOST THE REMOTE(DAMAGED THE SECURITY SYSTEMS ETC)HIS CHQ FOR THE BALANCE WAS RETURNED UNPAID,EACH TIME I ASK FOR MY MONEY HE BEGGED ME,I LATER COLLECTED MY JEEP FROM HIM REPAIRED IT AND SOLD IT OUTCHEAPLY AS ITS DEPRECIATED ALOT,NOW THE DUDE IS ASKING ME FOR THE MONEY HE DEPOSITED TO HAVE THE CAR,PLS WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME TO RESOLVE THIS CASE?
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2009
1. Did u guys have any contract?
2. When you sold u cheap to someone else, do u have evidence of how much you sold i for?
3. Did u tell the dude when you collected the ride from him that you were gonna sell it to someone else?
4. Do you have pictures of what was fixed and the cost of the fixing?
If you do, then, there is nothing he can do.
Just do the math and if he has balance, give, else, explain to him and show him all the paperworks.
Good luck
Re: Discovery Jeep by nyrol(m): 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
Oga Fhemmmmo, i wonder how large ur heart is, u are always showing concern in every persons matter, u are an original Yoruba man with a big shoulder for others to lean on. Keep it up!
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
nyrol:

Oga Fhemmmmo, i wonder how large your heart is, u are always showing concern in every persons matter, u are an original Yoruba man with a big shoulder for others to lean on. Keep it up!
We are one cyber family.
Thanks for the comment.
Re: Discovery Jeep by ALHAJIali(m): 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
@first respondent
There is no any contact,its was a simple agreement,he live in our estate,he is even a pastor of a church,the only proof i ve are the cheques he gave me.This car uses remote control and a key that must be configured for the car to work with all its anti theft gagets,he lost it,took the jeep to a roadside arrange another key that byepasses all the security features(this alone damaged the complex Landrover security),the point is he registered an unregistered car,used for almost 3 months roughly,he never add anything not even a keyholder or carpet,each time he is ask to redeem the bounced the cheque,he begged for more time.Now hear the biggest surprise,my container just came with another set of cars, 2008 honda element,2005 sienna XLE FULLY LOADED,i contacted him to come to take one car we remove costs of repairs of the last jeep and he now pay up the balance and take car THIS DUDE OF PASTOR STILL SAYS HE IS STILL BROKE AND CANT PAY!Which simply means he would have been playing me around for over a year now,can you see how unreasonable some us can be?
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
ALHAJI ali:

@first respondent
There is no any contact,its was a simple agreement,he live in our estate,he is even a pastor of a church,the only proof i ve are the cheques he gave me.This car uses remote control and a key that must be configured for the car to work with all its anti theft gagets,he lost it,took the jeep to a roadside arrange another key that byepasses all the security features(this alone damaged the complex Landrover security),the point is he registered an unregistered car,used for almost 3 months roughly,he never add anything not even a keyholder or carpet,each time he is ask to redeem the bounced the cheque,he begged for more time.Now hear the biggest surprise,my container just came with another set of cars, 2008 honda element,2005 sienna XLE FULLY LOADED,i contacted him to come to take one car we remove costs of repairs of the last jeep and he now pay up the balance and take car THIS DUDE OF PASTOR STILL SAYS HE IS STILL BROKE AND CANT PAY!Which simply means he would have been playing me around for over a year now,can you see how unreasonable some us can be?

Then, just politely tell him that you will bein the biz for a long time . . insha allah, that when he has money, you will be glad to help him out.
Re: Discovery Jeep by ALHAJIali(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
the day I collected the jeep from him the arrangement was for me to keep the car for a week to give him chance to pay for it,he called me back the ff day to sell of the car as he cant get the money within the one week,i ask him him if we sell this car it cant be at a any good price as the car is seriously depreciated,and battered too,do you know the implications he answered yes but now he is asking me to refund all what he paid me,am considering legal action but want an advise anyway
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
Legal action against a potential or a past customer is always a last result, cos you never know where else you guys could meet and need each other`s help.
But giving him back the money, if his deposit was not enuf to fix the problem and when u sold the car, no change left for him is not an option, but if u can give him something to make him happy, u cld do that.
Re: Discovery Jeep by ALHAJIali(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2009
our naija guys are just looking for who to kill,otherwise how do you explain after putting so much us dollars bring in a car paid for all expenses and they want to have for nothing,i ve learnt a good lesson anyway
Re: Discovery Jeep by katki: 9:11am On Dec 10, 2009
blame your goodself alhaji ali,dont blame the pastor.
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
ALHAJI ali:

our naija guys are just looking for who to kill,otherwise how do you explain after putting so much us dollars bring in a car paid for all expenses and they want to have for nothing,i ve learnt a good lesson anyway

Well u cant blame then, yu will have to blame some of our boys that steal the ride from North America and brought them to Nigeria and sell at next to nothing, cos their overhead is only shipping and clearing.
katki:

blame your goodself alhaji ali,dont blame the pastor.

How was it his fault?
For trusting that the man will pay and honor his words?
For believing him?
For wanting his money ?
Re: Discovery Jeep by katki: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
@fhemmmy,"O YOU WHO BELIEVE! WHEN YOU DEAL WITH EACH OTHER, IN TRANSACTIONS INVOLVING FUTURE OBLIGATIONS IN A FIXED PERIOD OF TIME, REDUCE THEM TO WRITING, "
Suratul Baqara (Q2:282).Alhaji Ali did not do that and as such he should blame himself 100%!
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
ok, i feel u
Re: Discovery Jeep by ALHAJIali(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2009
To all replies.Allah says reduce all deals into a writting and let there be a witness and even says let there be a translator if the other party cant read or write,while we cant do all above as although am a muslim the guy am dealing with is a pastor,i made it a point never to part with my jeep untill i ve a cheque postdated(this is a serious agreement,if you contravene this in Nigeria its A CRIMINAL OFFENCE,I VE SOME WITNESSES TOO,but come to think of it PASTOR IS WILLING TO RIDE A JEEP WITHOUT PAYING?SOME OF US ARE JUST NOT TRUSTWORTHY BUT STILL SOME ARE STILL VERY GOOD HERE TOO,THEY ARE HONOURABLE NIGERIAN AND AM SO PROUD OF THEM
Re: Discovery Jeep by Fhemmmy: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
With full respect to you Alhaji . . . . yes, he could be a pastor, but you dealing with a man behind the title of a pastor.
However, like u said, there are still some reliable people.

(1) (Reply)

2002 Mercedes-benz E-class Naija Used Biught In Feb. 2008. Used By A Bank Md / A Registered Mitsubushi Montero Sport For N850k / Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.