Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... (661 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / "Buhari Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had" - Turkey Based Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by ivandragon: 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
The Type of President Nigeria Needs...

it has often been argued that it takes a lot to run Nigeria & as such, the inevitable question pops up... who can help Nigeria find 'her' path to greatness?

Names get thrown around, but none seems to have the 'full requisites' to be the 'best choice'.

so I decided to come up with a list of idiosyncratic qualities I think the ideal Nigerian president needs & match them with some known Nigerian personalities...

The ruggedity of OBJ;

Decisiveness of Muritala

The 'local investment drive' of Dangote

The political astuteness of Atiku

The fearlessness of Dora (RIP)

The financial wheeling dealing ability of Tony Elumelu

The 'down to earthness' of Fayose

The humility of GEJ

The intelligence of Akinwamide

The exposure of NOI

& the energy of... D'banj?

is there a Nigerian with all these qualities?

or what do you think is/are the needed qualities of the Nigerian president, let's see if we can begin the process (informally) on who our ideal president should be...
Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by Sunnymatey(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nigeria cannot work, after experimenting for close to 60yrs abi we want to break Thomas Edison record? Na waoo. We are living in pretence.
Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by Blue3k(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
No individual has all the perfect qualities. We have to settle for human being. Hopefully with good policies. If we weren't being section or tribalistic we could listen and demand plans. Nigerian candidates don't even post economic plans on website or debate eachother on issues on radio or tv.

1 Like

Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by ivandragon: 3:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sunnymatey:
Nigeria cannot work, after experimenting for close to 60yrs abi we want to break Thomas Edison record? Na waoo. We are living in pretence.

Nigeria CAN work, we have just been unfortunate to have the wrong leaders at practically ALL levels of government...
Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by ivandragon: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Blue3k:
No individual has all the perfect qualities. We have to settle for human being. Hopefully with good policies. If we weren't being section or tribalistic we could listen and demand plans. Nigerian candidates don't even post economic plans on website or debate eachother on issues on radio or tv.

sure, no individual is perfect, but countries that have developed today didn't get there by having perfect leaders.

good policies come from sound minds & committed individuals with vision.

I think Atiku (am not saying he is 'good' please), has quite an interesting blueprint for Nigeria, but I don't know about his sincerity when it comes to implementation...

so, who do you think comes close?

1 Like

Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
ivandragon:
The Type of President Nigeria Needs...

it has often been argued that it takes a lot to run Nigeria & as such, the inevitable question pops up... who can help Nigeria find 'her' path to greatness?

Names get thrown around, but none seems to have the 'full requisites' to be the 'best choice'.

so I decided to come up with a list of idiosyncratic qualities I think the ideal Nigerian president needs & match them with some known Nigerian personalities...

The ruggedity of OBJ;

Decisiveness of Muritala

The 'local investment drive' of Dangote

The political astuteness of Atiku

The fearlessness of Dora (RIP)

The financial wheeling dealing ability of Tony Elumelu

The 'down to earthness' of Fayose

The humility of GEJ

The intelligence of Akinwamide

The exposure of NOI

& the energy of... D'banj?

is there a Nigerian with all these qualities?

or what do you think is/are the needed qualities of the Nigerian president, let's see if we can begin the process (informally) on who our ideal president should be...

For a country to work, it takes more than just the President. The governors, local govt chairman and head of different govt agencies need to be active to.
Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by Blue3k(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
ivandragon:

sure, no individual is perfect, but countries that have developed today didn't get there by having perfect leaders.

good policies come from sound minds & committed individuals with vision.

I think Atiku (am not saying he is 'good' please), has quite an interesting blueprint for Nigeria, but I don't know about his sincerity when it comes to implementation...

so, who do you think comes close?

I do like Ben Bruce honestly but I don't think he's interested. He seems to be free market and his short videos and book show he has a good head on his shoulders.

1 Like

Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by pweshboi(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2017
charliboy654:

For a country to work, it takes more than just the President. The governors, local govt chairman and head of different govt agencies need to be active to.
exactly...this is what my arguments have been about all this while. we shouldn't put all our hopes on only the president to take us to greater heights but instead in all the heads of the various institutions that we have. when we neglect them and focus only on the president then we will never grow... imagine a state governor blaming the president... the senators blaming the president... the head of various agencies and parastertals blaming the president... who are now the leaders

1 Like

Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by ivandragon: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
Blue3k:

I do like Ben Bruce honestly but I don't think he's interested. He seems to be free market and his short videos and book show he has a good head on his shoulders.

true...

he will probably be a better fit as a 'major player' under an ideal president...
Re: The Type Of President Nigeria Needs... by ivandragon: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
charliboy654:

Agreed!

but the way Nigeria is structured, the Federal Government has a bigger role in making an impact on the general populace.

for instance, state governments (as the country is presently structured) cannot under take extensive/massive projects like rail road building, power projects & refinery construction (only Lagos & maybe Rivers?, can do this on a smaller scale) on a scale that will have far reaching impacts on majority of Nigerians...

then you have issues of currency/monetary 'manipulations' which are firmly in the purview of the central government but whose policies/decisions have repercussive effects on the states...

furthermore & with respect to heads of agencies, an 'ideal' president is most likely to put his most trusted hands in key positions, people who have similar opinions & views on how to make things work ( I know political expediency will also be a factor in the long run, but an ideal leader won't compromise on the fundamentals)...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians showers VP Osibanjo with prayers on 60th Birthday On Twitter. Photos / Residents Of Port Harcourt Road Aba Sends SOS To Gov. Ikpeazu [photos] / Can You Spot Jagaban?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.