Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

Our People Are Being Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our People Are Being Killed (473 Views)

"We Have To Pay People Not To Kill Our People" - Watch El-Rufai on Channels TV / Obigbo Is On Fire. Zoo Soldiers Attacking Our People / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our People Are Being Killed by mrrights: 9:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Our people are being killed by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat. Many have been killed based on fabricated stories. Many died based on false rumor. In Kano, brigade to be precise, I have seen people that died while running from hehe, while we, living in the area the said hehe came from didn't even hear anything about it. It's rumor. Later on, we only heard about her death through accident on her way running. Fight between two people, have been broadcasted online as, our people are being attacked in certain places. I don't know what people benefits from falsehood. Pastor Chinedu, a business man once told me about a scenario that occurred at Dei Dei Market in Abuja. He narrates: An Hausa trader and his Igbo counterpart had a disagreement in the market over money. Pastor Chinedu was witness to the beginning of the issue, but he wasn't around when the issue eventually degenerated into big conflict between Hausa and Igbo community in the market. How can mere money issue between two traders in the market lead to Hausa VS Igbo crisis? Both groups are already up in arms before pastor Chinedu was returning to the market. Somebody sighted pastor from afar and he said he thinks pastor was there at the beginning. The elderly Hausa man that has been mediating to solve the problem appeal to his people to calm down and allow pastor explain what truly happened and what ever pastor said would guide them. According to pastor, as soon as he approached the crowd, some of his Igbo brothers that knew the truth about the incident, but refused to say it were already giving him eyes to change the story, but he refused to take side. He simply narrated what happened and told them in plain terms that is Igbo brother was at fault. This is what has almost led to Hausa VS Igbo cause in the market. This simple truth by pastor Chinedu resolved the matter. The Hausa people simply thank pastor for telling the truth and one wealthy Alhaji promised to pay the Hausa man to avoid any trouble. After the incident, some Igbo people went to meet pastor to tongue lash him for not standing by his brother, but pastor said he can't lie to defend anyone. Some even called him names such as bastard etc, but what is wrong with being truthful? What I learned from the story is that, some of those who share bad stories about attack against their tribal or religious people know it is false. Majority others doesn't care about its authenticity. They just want to defend and spread bad news about the other people. The second thing I learned from the story is that, there are good people every where, in every tribe and religion. You can choose where to belong. Going back to my earlier point, the conflict between the two people were eventually resolved, but another two innocent people were killed in retaliation elsewhere. Fabricated stories has killed more people than real conflict. Rumor have caused more death than violence. It's easy to say, Muslims are being killed in Jos, Christians are being murdered in Kaduna. But what is the truth, behind what led to death of Muslims in Jos and what led to the death of Christians in Kaduna? Nobody cares to know. All that mattered to the bigots among Muslims and Christians is, our people are being killed. The irony of it all is that, they do not care about those being killed in the real sense, all they cared about is using the story to advance their attack on the others and cause further divide. Don't be surprised, if somebody accuse of being in support of murderers because of this post.
Re: Our People Are Being Killed by mightyhazell: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
mrrights:
Our people are being killed by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat. Many have been killed based on fabricated stories. Many died based on false rumor. In Kano, brigade to be precise, I have seen people that died while running from hehe, while we, living in the area the said hehe came from didn't even hear anything about it. It's rumor. Later on, we only heard about her death through accident on her way running. Fight between two people, have been broadcasted online as, our people are being attacked in certain places. I don't know what people benefits from falsehood. Pastor Chinedu, a business man once told me about a scenario that occurred at Dei Dei Market in Abuja. He narrates: An Hausa trader and his Igbo counterpart had a disagreement in the market over money. Pastor Chinedu was witness to the beginning of the issue, but he wasn't around when the issue eventually degenerated into big conflict between Hausa and Igbo community in the market. How can mere money issue between two traders in the market lead to Hausa VS Igbo crisis? Both groups are already up in arms before pastor Chinedu was returning to the market. Somebody sighted pastor from afar and he said he thinks pastor was there at the beginning. The elderly Hausa man that has been mediating to solve the problem appeal to his people to calm down and allow pastor explain what truly happened and what ever pastor said would guide them. According to pastor, as soon as he approached the crowd, some of his Igbo brothers that knew the truth about the incident, but refused to say it were already giving him eyes to change the story, but he refused to take side. He simply narrated what happened and told them in plain terms that is Igbo brother was at fault. This is what has almost led to Hausa VS Igbo cause in the market. This simple truth by pastor Chinedu resolved the matter. The Hausa people simply thank pastor for telling the truth and one wealthy Alhaji promised to pay the Hausa man to avoid any trouble. After the incident, some Igbo people went to meet pastor to tongue lash him for not standing by his brother, but pastor said he can't lie to defend anyone. Some even called him names such as bastard etc, but what is wrong with being truthful? What I learned from the story is that, some of those who share bad stories about attack against their tribal or religious people know it is false. Majority others doesn't care about its authenticity. They just want to defend and spread bad news about the other people. The second thing I learned from the story is that, there are good people every where, in every tribe and religion. You can choose where to belong. Going back to my earlier point, the conflict between the two people were eventually resolved, but another two innocent people were killed in retaliation elsewhere. Fabricated stories has killed more people than real conflict. Rumor have caused more death than violence. It's easy to say, Muslims are being killed in Jos, Christians are being murdered in Kaduna. But what is the truth, behind what led to death of Muslims in Jos and what led to the death of Christians in Kaduna? Nobody cares to know. All that mattered to the bigots among Muslims and Christians is, our people are being killed. The irony of it all is that, they do not care about those being killed in the real sense, all they cared about is using the story to advance their attack on the others and cause further divide. Don't be surprised, if somebody accuse of being in support of murderers because of this post.
u just siddon dey fabricate silly lies

Everybody knws how violent and unforgiving ur brothers can be. All over nigeri,east west south and even ur north,d storry is same

1 Like

Re: Our People Are Being Killed by jesse8048(m): 5:52am On Feb 19, 2017
mrrights:

What are u trying to say, which point do you want to prove. I'm sure it can be said in one or two sentences.
Re: Our People Are Being Killed by mrrights: 8:10am On Feb 19, 2017
?

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Pay N20million For Assaulting Lawyer In Owerri / Garba Shehu Misses President Buhari’s Phone Call, Receives Sms / Senate Screens Out Chief Justice Onnoghen Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.