Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) (74873 Views)

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion / By NBS Estimates, Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million. Kano State Leads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by michoim(m): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
Trash
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by firstolalekan(m): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
Freedom2016:
Oyo 15million while Kaduna and Anambra are 12million and 8million respectively? Afonjas have come again oh with their propaganda to increase their monthly allocation from Niger Delta oil money!
Osu-alusi people and jealousy is like 5&6 grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by humbleself242(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
The Kastina state is not up to 5million,I went there

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by ocshap: 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
RockHard:

There's no way in hell that Anambra population can be more than Rivers, don't deceive yourself.
pls can tell us Wia in rivers is populated apart from ph which can never be populated than Onitsha alone
?
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by shamecurls(m): 7:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Deadvalley001:
[/s]

Sigh....

Smh....
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by stildude(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
RockHard:
There are way more reliable data out there to guide us as to the true picture of things instead of this rubbish guesswork. NBS and the Telcos have made life much easier.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/486

Bauchi from where? laughable. thanks for this more reasonable information.
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by saintbillion(m): 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Kaduna and other Northen states still reach millions? Na who boko harams kill then and hope u didn't counted the death president?
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Stupid post. When did Kaduna become North Central but northwest politically. If I give this o.p one dirty slap ehn...
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ooni:
This is the political population the real one is hidden.
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by rightwingz: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Codedrock:

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/02/most-populated-states-in-nigeria.html

lie lie lies............................... Nigeria never conducted real census recently. How did they know?
Nigeria is far more than or far less than the so called 180 million.

We lack record. We don't even know how many visitors enter Nigeria yearly not to talk of real population.

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Nuezha(m): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Deadvalley001:
brainless Afonja pig, Ibadan and Oyo are still the same, same brown roof republic.
Awka and Anambra are the same! Issorait.

Oyo State Landmass = 28,454 sqm
Anambra State Landmass = 4,544 sqm

9 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by ajalawole(m): 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
math2001:
Lagos is not the most populated city. The most populated may be the city of Ibadan or Benin.

The city of Lagos is small. The port city of apapa and the sport city of surulere are more populated than lagos city

Victoria city is bigger than lagos
they are talking of state u are bitting around the bushcheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Btruth: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
I was honestly hoping to see Ogun State among the first 10 though. Because the population of people living on the axis of Ota/Agbara, Ota/Ifo, Berger/OPIC down town to Redemption camp, Berger to Ota through Alagbole, Akute, Lambe, to Ijoko, Shagamu back to Ikorodu through Okijo side. The numbers are so enormous. And majority of this people have business link daily with Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by hysteriabox(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jigawa? ! How?!. It means this list is fake
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Sanchez01: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
math2001:
Lagos is not the most populated city. The most populated may be the city of Ibadan or Benin.

The city of Lagos is small. The port city of apapa and the sport city of surulere are more populated than lagos city

Victoria city is bigger than lagos
What are you saying, please? undecided
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by adioolayi(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
Deadvalley001:

Look here kid, Ibadan is more popular than oyo , sometimes people mistake Ibadan for the state name.

You should have made your point without throwing insults like a thoughtless fool.

You are the one that needs to shut the fvck up cos you have no respect for others.

People mistake Ibadan for state name only your likes.. Half-baked literates grin
To cap it all, you are claiming victory in your foolery...grin

Asiwajuforward... Abeg leave this goat headed tout

11 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Shollay20(m): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
CHAI I NO SEE MY LOVELY STATE ON THE LIST, KWARA STATE OF HARMONYgrin

2 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by SEEDORF441(m): 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
I heard som1 said ibadan state sorry oyo state has land mass dan d whole south_east, is it true.? Omo yoruba lemi oooo. If u ar angry wit me go and die in cross rover.

4 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Dakad: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
RockHard:
There are way more reliable data out there to guide us as to the true picture of things instead of this rubbish guesswork. NBS and the Telcos have made life much easier.

In as much as I believe this authentic data from NBS and Telcos but most people in the North leave in rural area. Most of the rural area has no no network. You can't compare the figure with that of Lagos where most people have more then two network lines. So when it comes with population figure, this data may not be the true picture

2 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Kdon2: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Kdon2: 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Codedrock:

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/02/most-populated-states-in-nigeria.html

You are asking for trouble because norhern liars will not like this!
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Igboid: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
RockHard:

Phone is not a basic need, and some even have more than one active lines.
I don't think it's a reliable population estimate.

I think since Yorubas claim to be Education loving as Ndiigbo and likewise SS tribes, the best way to get a population estimate is checking the population of subscribers of Of basic needs like Education.

In this case, JAMB enrollment stats for states is more weighty than phone subscription, and we know the SE had led the JAMB enrollment numbers in Nigeria for over 20 years now, this too is in conformation with the colonial population estimates that placed the population of Ndiigbo many levels ahead of those of Yorubas. cool
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by seniorkachion(m): 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
mandarin:
Having traveled across some of these states in the last one year and some even most recently I think these are just brandies figures from hell! Where are the millions? Haha!
I've never believed in the population figure of Nigeria because honestly, its full of unverifiable figures. As at the year I was at katsina state cross crossing the state I didn't see where over 4million people stated by NPC were. Apart from Lagos which resident population(excluding those that just come to trade or come to work from nearby Ogun State) may be around 13-15 million why Ogun state should be over 6million considering the huge number of residents that actually do business in Lagos state.

I was still in kano un the last three weeks, taken that the north has more rural dwellers but its hard to believe and in fact, that of Kaduna, Bauchi Jigawa and katsina are completely false!!!!
I think if true population of Nigeria is to be determined by accurate census or registration, the top five will most likely look like this:
1. Lagos
2. Ogun
3. Kano
4. Oyo
5. FCT
Like I've said it in other forums, I still find it hard to believe that resident population of Kano can be greater than that of Oyo state but I can admit a huge population do come to buy and sell.The one I know is growing so fast is the FCT and alot of people and businesses have relocated to the FCT from the interior of northern Nigeria so you can expect Niger and Nasarawa aroud the FCT to grow.

The telecoms active voice calls in each state we must admit is an indication of high business activities which can form critical part in understanding the population and to a large extent determine residential population for non business calls but someone can argue, what about poverty index, the ownership of cell phones can help more, school enrollment, birth registrations and other positive statistics not rolling out rogue figures!

Don't count on it! Most voice calls in the South West are social calls, whereas for the South East it is mostly business. We have all heard of the legendary contact list of an lgbo market woman's phone.
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by barca4campnou(m): 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Killitoff:

Anything that does not favour you ipob criminals is false. You people are worst than devil.

True. I can't wait for them to go and live in a country of their own. I'm sure the whole of Nigeria will support it.

2 Likes

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by akulaxx: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pls stop including biafrans
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by femolii: 8:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
What is wrong with osus people self even population u people are no where to be find shame big shame on u people. complainners is too late.

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ooni:
This is the political population the real one is hidden.
Which one is the real one?
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by greenandy: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
Freedom2016:
Oyo 15million while Kaduna and Anambra are 12million and 8million respectively? Afonjas have come again oh with their propaganda to increase their monthly allocation from Niger Delta oil money!

But we now get 13% from derivation - oil or no oil yet from the SW.

That's why we say we play hard politics.
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by chizzy4eazy(f): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
ur type exist only in d zoo...
Re: Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) by mu2sa2: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
mandarin:
Having traveled across some of these states in the last one year and some even most recently I think these are just brandies figures from hell! Where are the millions? Haha!
I've never believed in the population figure of Nigeria because honestly, its full of unverifiable figures. As at the year I was at katsina state cross crossing the state I didn't see where over 4million people stated by NPC were. Apart from Lagos which resident population(excluding those that just come to trade or come to work from nearby Ogun State) may be around 13-15 million why Ogun state should be over 6million considering the huge number of residents that actually do business in Lagos state.

I was still in kano un the last three weeks, taken that the north has more rural dwellers but its hard to believe and in fact, that of Kaduna, Bauchi Jigawa and katsina are completely false!!!!
I think if true population of Nigeria is to be determined by accurate census or registration, the top five will most likely look like this:
1. Lagos
2. Ogun
3. Kano
4. Oyo
5. FCT
Like I've said it in other forums, I still find it hard to believe that resident population of Kano can be greater than that of Oyo state but I can admit a huge population do come to buy and sell.The one I know is growing so fast is the FCT and alot of people and businesses have relocated to the FCT from the interior of northern Nigeria so you can expect Niger and Nasarawa aroud the FCT to grow.

The telecoms active voice calls in each state we must admit is an indication of high business activities which can form critical part in understanding the population and to a large extent determine residential population for non business calls but someone can argue, what about poverty index, the ownership of cell phones can help more, school enrollment, birth registrations and other positive statistics not rolling out rogue figures!
Believe it or not, census in Nigeria is a ruse. Ask anyone who has participated as an official in past censuses and if s/he is an honest person s/he will tell how they were asked to pad the figures. This happened across the country. Since states' share from the federation account is based largely on population, states know that either you cheat or you are cheated out! Official population figures include the fictitious names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men Who Can Stop Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition From Fulfilment / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets / Fayose's Tweet On Rivers Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.